Dream Deadline Acquisitions

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Realistically, the only players that have a good chance at being moved are Filppula, Manning, and Read...and at best we get some mid-level draft picks for them. Filppula's writing is already on the wall since he's been demoted to the 4th line. Manning can be attractive to a team that needs some depth in the playoffs (yes, he's garbage, but teams need depth on the blueline in the playoffs). Read, well he probably doesn't garner much interest, but maybe just for depth purposes. The good news is Hextall can retain on all 3 in order to move them easier.

Simmonds is a wild card who would definitely return a good haul (a 1st, top prospect...hopefully with some pro experience already, +)

We can hope and pray that players like Lethera, Weise, MacDonald are moved by the deadline, but I can't see it happening

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t see them subtracting from the team unless the find what they deem an upgrade & send another body back in a trade. I don’t think Sanheim or any of the prospects in the AHL are in the plans for the rest of the year unless long term injury either. The Flyers have a mandate at the AHL level to make the players just as much as they do at the NHL level.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Simmonds - 1st plus

Flip - no worse than 3rd
Lehtera - 50% retained, no worse than 4th
Weise - 50% retained, no worse than 4th
AMac - 50% retained, no worse than a pair of odour munching insoles
Manning - packet of mothballs

Free Sanheim
Free Morin
Free Lindblom

Mark Stone
Tavares
How big a packet of mothballs for Manning? 50 or 100?

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Really want Fiala in a Simmonds trade, but Kempe seems more realistic + 1st? :)

Trade Manning for anything, Call up Sanhiem.

Trade Hagg to a gritty team that takes it one shift at a time. Insert Morin.

A Lindblom call up would be nice.

G-Coots-TK
Lindblom-NP-Fastgingerguy
Kempe-Laughton-Raffl
Weal-Filp-Weise

Provy-Ghost
Sanhiem-NHL player safety
Morin-MacDonald

Maybe some flip flops with the fwd lines?

You said I could dream. Might be a little too NHL18ish lol.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Duchene for Weise and Rubtsov, PK coach. Manning sent down Moring brought up. Lehtera waived.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
There was a tweet saying that the Flyers and Sabres are working on some "major trade". Let me look...

How credible is it? Probably not much, like one commenter said it's probably just repeating that small blip from last night's Elliott Friedman thing on Sportsnet.

Do we and Buffalo really seem like ideal trading partners? The only quality players that would count as a major trade that would be available are Kane, O'Reilly, or Reinhart. Hextall would want nothing to do with Kane, O'reilly's contract is too expensive, so the only one that makes sense is if Buffalo is looking to part ways with Reinhart for picks and prospects.

Maybe Morin + a few picks for Sam Reinhart makes sense? He's starting to heat up some and he definitely has some talent, and we give Morin a chance to succeed at the NHL level. I wouldn't be too upset about that at all. But like I said, that guy doesn't seem to be all that credible

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
There was a tweet saying that the Flyers and Sabres are working on some "major trade". Let me look...

How credible is it? Probably not much, like one commenter said it's probably just repeating that small blip from last night's Elliott Friedman thing on Sportsnet.

Do we and Buffalo really seem like ideal trading partners? The only quality players that would count as a major trade that would be available are Kane, O'Reilly, or Reinhart. Hextall would want nothing to do with Kane, O'reilly's contract is too expensive, so the only one that makes sense is if Buffalo is looking to part ways with Reinhart for picks and prospects.

Maybe Morin + a few picks for Sam Reinhart makes sense? He's starting to heat up some and he definitely has some talent, and we give Morin a chance to succeed at the NHL level. I wouldn't be too upset about that at all. But like I said, that guy doesn't seem to be all that credible

move big young prospects?!! hold me mother****er...im scared!

Reactions: kudymen

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Who is that man and why is he spreading fake news. Funny when one main stream media releases information about two teams tracking each other, we have these “insiders” jumping on the rumor.

Also, let me say it could be true. I just find it oddly suspicious. I love rumors.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lehner & O'Reilly to Philly

Neuvirth, STL 1st, Morin, B prospect to Buffalo

Hextall has had a hard on for ROR for a long time.

Filppula then moved for whatever

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Don't trade Morin, Frost, Sanheim or Myers please.

Hagg, Stl 1st, Simmonds (unlikely) and B prospects sure put em on the table in a quantity for quality type of move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad