Dream Deadline Acquisitions

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Flyers are probably making the playoffs, but are not really contenders. My guess is that they stand pat. Only very minor moves. Perhaps an insurance goalie too.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Mark Stone.
Fiala.
Lundqvist heavily retained.
And a third each for every one of the players broken sticks listed.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Shea Weber
Bobby Ryan
Ryan O’Reilly
Johnny Gaudreau
Matt Duchene.

All of them. For nothing.
Wouldnt work with the cap. They'd probably have retain some of their salary and also take Amac, Filpulla, Weise, Manning, Read. It's a tough sell, but I'd be willing to throw in a 4th rounder

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Lundqvist heavily retained.

At first I'm like, yeah, just get rid of the dead weight and I'd be happy, but this would actually be intriguing to me. It would of course depend on both how much was retained and the cost, but bringing in Hank to be the starter for a couple of years to hopefully transition to Hart in year three would potentially be amazing.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm struggling to think of realistic targets that I really want, largely because I haven't followed the development of other teams' recently drafted players closely. I can say unequivocally that I don't want Robb F. Thomas, regardless of how he's playing.

In goal, I've wanted Mrazek all along if we are going to target anyone. I don't want us to trade for a defenseman. I've wanted Pulju since the start of his draft year and would kill to make that happen, but we waited too long. More than anything, I just want to shed some of our dreck for draft picks, more to get them the hell out of here than for the picks.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I want to see Hextall be creative and move some pieces around they solidifies this team for this year and improves them for the future.
The current line up does neither. It is too fragile to compete in the playoffs and those making it fragile should have no role in he teams future.

My dream would be:

Sell off depth pieces (Filp and Manning)

Promote youth (Sanheim, Lindblom),

Acquire a goale.

Look to add a player that will improve the team now/in the future. Use the extra 1st to do so.

My nightmare is no trades and manning and Filp resigned.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I want to see Hextall be creative and move some pieces around they solidifies this team for this year and improves them for the future.
The current line up does neither. It is too fragile to compete in the playoffs and those making it fragile should have no role in he teams future.

My dream would be:

Sell off depth pieces (Filp and Manning)

Promote youth (Sanheim, Lindblom),

Acquire a goale.

Look to add a player that will improve the team now/in the future. Use the extra 1st to do so.

My nightmare is no trades and manning and Filp resigned.

Just the idea of this gives me severe heartburn.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Just the idea of this gives me severe heartburn.

Unfortunately I think its pretty much a certainty. I honestly think they see Manning as a part of our future...more so than anyone in the AHL. I am expecting a 4 year 12 mil type extension and an A on his jersey next year.

Crazy, I know...but sending Sanheim down so Manning can play was a pretty telling move.

YamCork

Dec 11, 2017
Australia
Unfortunately I think its pretty much a certainty. I honestly think they see Manning as a part of our future...more so than anyone in the AHL. I am expecting a 4 year 12 mil type extension and an A on his jersey next year.

Crazy, I know...but sending Sanheim down so Manning can play was a pretty telling move.

For the sake of every Flyers fan not named Boxcar, I hope you're terribly wrong.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad