Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Drake has all the makings of a top line RWer, I would like to see a little more edge in his game.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Even at the NHL level he has been all over the puck, its quite impressive for a kid making the junior from junior to NHL so quickly. Always in the right spot, usually making the right play. Give the kid a couple of months to get some confidence going in the NHL and he will start making plays happen.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Oh man I remember that series. Stone coming in was legit game changing. Wasn't it only because of injuries too?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Batherson legit has it. His touches with the puck are beautiful and you can tell he oozes ridiculous IQ.

Make, emergence of White, Batherson, and Tkachuk have been everything we could have dreamed for to happen this year.

Reactions: Blarginator

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Batherson legit has it. His touches with the puck are beautiful and you can tell he oozes ridiculous IQ.

Make, emergence of White, Batherson, and Tkachuk have been everything we could have dreamed for to happen this year.
Yep, every young player we've hoped would be good this year has been great. Even Formenton showed some amazing skills but just wasn't ready. I barely even knew who Lajoie was before training camp. I can't wait for Chlapik and Balcers to get some time when the opportunity comes.

Reactions: derriko

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Was something else watching Batherson's last season with Cape Breton, after just 3 of 4 games I knew he was going to make and contribute to team canada at the WJC before anyone had him on their projected teams or anything. *pats self on back*

Drake has the hockey IQ and the skills to go along with it to be a top 6 player on any team in the league, I believe he will peak around ~70 points in his best years, he's just that good.

Happy for him and the Sens :)

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Except we scratched him in favor of Silfverberg and lost :facepalm:

Also, it's so weird to see him wearing 60

Watching that Spezza goal on Stones pass was so iconic to me. I thought they would be making magic together for the next 5 years together. Spezza-Stone would have had mad chemistry.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm amazed at how smart he is in only his first 2 games. Definitely have high expectations for the kid, wouldn't surprise me if we have a future 1st liner on our hands here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino