Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dont think the Bobby Ryan comparison is good even in terms of style. To me, Batherson is a much better play-maker than Bobby Ryan.

I would compare Batherson to Stone in style. The scary part is that Batherson is a better skater than Stone which will allow him to hold on to the puck for longer.

If he stays on the top line, he is going to do very well this season...he could end up with 40+ points
I think Stone is a good style comparison. Batherson is a thief as well ; stealing pucks and countering.

Reactions: aragorn and coladin

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Great debut. Happy for Drake. What a wonderful moment to share with his family.

I love the fact that he trains with Crosby and the boys in the summer. He can pick up so much just from watching the way these players prepare and the way they think the game.

Really like this prospect.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I dont think the Bobby Ryan comparison is good even in terms of style. To me, Batherson is a much better play-maker than Bobby Ryan.

I would compare Batherson to Stone in style. The scary part is that Batherson is a better skater than Stone which will allow him to hold on to the puck for longer.

If he stays on the top line, he is going to do very well this season...he could end up with 40+ points
Better skater and as difficult as it seems I would argue he has the better hockey IQ of the two. Just needs time and NHL games to put it all together.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I am waiting a little longer, a few more games, before I can state who I think he looks like (other than his father and mother). :)

Reactions: aragorn

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Batherson really looks like Hossa to me, minus the great skating. His one touches, crazy good release and great slowing down of the game with quick puck work reminds me of Hossa.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Batherson is like Shiefele/Staal/Kopitar body and skill wise.

Tall
Long armed
Thick
Great hands
Great shot
Great vision

Not a center, and doesn't move quite like these guys atm, but on the ice reminds me of the above.

Reactions: Clayonator

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Batherson is like Shiefele/Staal/Kopitar body and skill wise.

Tall
Long armed
Thick
Great hands
Great shot
Great vision

Not a center, and doesn't move quite like these guys atm, but on the ice reminds me of the above.
do you think he'll score points similar to them?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
do you think he'll score points similar to them?
I don't think he'll be scoring 80+ points, no.

I think he'll be a 65-70 point 1st line winger, play a strong and power game like the others. Hard to knock off the puck, great puck control and board work with his huge reach.

Just, as of right now, doesn't have the skating the others do/did at the same age, as well as him not controlling and dictating the play as much due to being a winger. That's the only aspect (outside of playing wing) that makes a big difference in them, in my opinion obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad