Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW) - Part II

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Get ready for more insider reports about teams calling us about Batherson. No kidding - a young scoring winger on a pretty cap friendly contract? I'd be calling too...
Get ready for various publications to highlight what having Batherson could do for the Leafs in some hypothetical trade where they get Batherson and we get their bad contracts

Reactions: Larionov

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Chabby was looking good this year and that was before the coaching tweaks and the arrival of JM.

He is also apparently a warrior for the team according to the coaching staff, so the mindset is there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Batherson is one of the best plamakers on this team who can play & elevate any line. It wasn't all that l;ong ago he was headed for the all star game until that dickhead goalie in Buffalo took him out. Ottawa has a really good young core that hopefully are finally starting to come together. I expect that they should pick up at least 2 or 3 good draft picks this yr & a couple of good free agents over the summer & maybe promote one or two guys. As they enter their prime they should be getting better if they can get that fancy crap out of their game, manage the puck better & be harder to play against.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Just feel like drake deserves a bit more love recently.

Great contract, the guy has been really working hard and only Timothy brings more skill. Great shooter and great passer. Defence has improved. Work ethic has improved.

He's bounced back pretty well this year overall.

If it was those off-ice distractions affecting his game last season, he seems to be getting past it.

I think he's a ppg player next season.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's really too bad he is unable to play for Team Canada. I would love to see him at the Worlds coming off a hot finish to the season.

Reactions: gab6511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad