Proposal: Draisaitl

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
It would defintely be a big problem when we're trying to sign Provorov, Sanheim and Patrick.

How so? Draisaitl wouldn't be making that much more than Giroux is right now. If you're worried about a team offer sheeting them out of revenge, that still hasn't occurred after the flyers signed Kesler and Weber to contracts.

In 3 years when this defense starts to hit their stride, Giroux will 32 and Draisaitl will be 24. That will only shift in Draisaitl's favor and he's arguably the better player going into this season.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
Four 1st round picks plus Giroux -- we should be getting Wayne Gretzky for this ransom!

Last edited:

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Change Plekanec to Pacioretty and i'd do it, i think

Pacioretty - Draisaitl - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Simmonds
Filppula - Couturier - Konecny
Raffl - Lehtera - Read

Provorov - Gudas
Gostisbehere - Morin
Sanheim - Manning
McDonald

Bernier
Neuvirth

But good luck re-signing everyone lol

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Pretty sure we only have 7 million in cap space, no?

Could have read the wrong projection, there are a number of ways to shed salary before this upcoming season though to get below the cap.

Having Draisaitl, Patrick, and Couturier down the middle while they're all in their prime. It's really just as simple as taking Draisaitl at 10 versus Giroux at 8.275.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007

Raffl - Lehtera - Read

Provorov - Gudas
Gostisbehere - Morin
Sanheim - Manning
McDonald

Bernier
Neuvirth

They will run into that same problem with Giroux. But they'll have a ton of players coming up through the system and still have first round picks for the next 3 years

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007

Raffl - Lehtera - Read

Provorov - Gudas
Gostisbehere - Morin
Sanheim - Manning
McDonald

Bernier
Neuvirth

Yeah I was just using a scenario where Montreal would definitely accept. There would be better offers from other teams if the Flyers are taking back a similar contract to Plekanec.

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
Yeah I was just using a scenario where Montreal would definitely accept. There would be better offers from other teams if the Flyers are taking back a similar contract to Plekanec.

It doesnt matter if the Habs would "definitely" accept this hilarious offer. Fact is, the Flyers wont help the Habs with trading them Giroux below his trade value, even more if they would have to pay 4 1st round picks to edmonton in a draisaitl offesheet. That would just be horrible asset management for the Flyers.

Last edited:

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I think no one here is interested if the Habs would "definitely" accept this hilarious offer. Fact is, the Flyers wont help the Habs with trading them Giroux below his trade value, even more if they would have to pay 4 1st round picks to edmonton in a draisaitl offesheet. That would just be horrible asset management for the Flyers.

Have you ever heard of an example? In that deal with Montreal, which I have acknowledged three times is less than they'd get in actual trade, they are getting two first round picks back and already hold the Blues 1st. Their net loss is 1 first round pick. Would you not trade Giroux and a 2020 1st for Draisaitl?

Not to mention they could even be drafting higher with Montreal's picks than if they held onto their own.

Since you can't see it yourself, imagine if it was Pacioretty and 2 1sts like someone else said.

To Minnesota for Brodin/Scandella+Kunin/Kaprizov+

To Nashville for Fiala+Fabbro+1st+Cap Dump.

They'd have to shed some salary but could likely find takers for Read, Flippula, or attach something to Weise/MacDonald. It's worth the difference between Giroux and LD now but will be even more beneficial in 3-4 years. There wouldn't be a team deeper/stronger than the Flyers down the middle.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Maybe read the first sentence of the post that's in capital letters. No **** he could return more, it even makes it look better in the end.

Maybe put some more thought into a realistic Giroux trade before posting it if you don't want questions asked.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Have you ever heard of an example? In that deal with Montreal, which I have acknowledged three times is less than they'd get in actual trade, they are getting two first round picks back and already hold the Blues 1st. Their net loss is 1 first round pick.

Not to mention they could even be drafting higher with Montreal's picks than if they held onto their own.

Since you can't see it yourself, imagine if it was Pacioretty and 2 1sts like someone else said.

To Minnesota for Brodin/Scandella+Kunin/Kaprizov+

To Nashville for Fiala+Fabbro+1st+Cap Dump.

Now we are getting closer to reality.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
just trade simmonds 1 for 1

Simmonds doesn't get you Draisaitl

Draisaitl is both younger and better. He is coming off of a 77 point, 21 year old season.

He is already probably the second best 2C in the NHL behind Malkin, and a 1C on the majority of NHL teams.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Simmonds doesn't get you Draisaitl

Draisaitl is both younger and better. He is coming off of a 77 point, 21 year old season.

He is already probably the second best 2C in the NHL behind Malkin, and a 1C on the majority of NHL teams.

I thought we were posting unrealistic trades. I will see myself out:popcorn:

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Four 1st round picks plus Giroux -- we should be getting Wayne Gretzky for this ransom!

You're getting a 21 year old first line center who just finished top 10 in points. He's not even close to what he may be in 5 years. 10M could be a good deal for the Flyers compared to what other players will be making after this McDavid contract.

They'd also get several quality pieces for Giroux that could contribute now and in 3-5 years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You're getting a 21 year old first line center who just finished top 10 in points. He's not even close to what he may be in 5 years. 10M could be a good deal for the Flyers compared to what other players will be making after this McDavid contract.

They'd also get several quality pieces for Giroux that could contribute now and in 3-5 years.

Peak production in today's NHL is actually 24, not 26.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007

Hey man, you're preaching to the choir... I'm prob your #1 fan here about trading Giroux. Look at that return we got for that bum Schenn!

A Giroux trade could set us up for Legacy Status if properly orchestrated Hexy style.
... and we wouldn't need to lose four 1sts offer sheeting Draisatl -- we just got Patrick!
We could just trade Giroux for more picks and prospects -- like to Arizona for my boy Clayton Keller!!!!!!

I'm on board, baby!

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly

Raffl - Lehtera - Read

Provorov - Gudas
Gostisbehere - Morin
Sanheim - Manning
McDonald

Bernier
Neuvirth

Not **** but Montreal would never even considering giving up Pacioretty and 2 1sts for a severely declining Giroux.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:laugh:

Right. Let's break this down play-by-play:

• You posted an unrealistic trade proposal for Giroux.
  • I merely questioned it.
  • You got snarky with me over questioning it.
  • I replied with my reasoning for questioning it.

Interesting logic to come to the conclusion that i'm "not a fun person" based off of that exchange.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007

Interesting logic to come to the conclusion that i'm "not a fun person" based off of that exchange.

Full-Metal-Jacket-Stanely-Kubrick-Top-25-Best-Book-To-Film-Adaptations.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I think you are fun. Like a gorilla in a bathtub. And just as hairy (allegedly).

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Except it's all fantasy. The return you think you'll get for Giroux is exaggerated, but you really have to trade him before doing the offer sheet - which will inevitably be matched.

So you end up with no Giroux and no Draisaitl. Thankfully Hexy will be smarter than this.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
What's the point of contemplating moves that would never happen?? What has Hextall said or done that has indicated he would ever even consider going for something like this? Getting Patrick solved the Flyers biggest need of a top 6 center to build around going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad