Proposal: Draisaitl to Flyers

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Cute you stopped at the last 1.5 years how about we do the last 2.5 hmmm that might wash away your argument, though. Oh by the way thats a 50 point difference over the last 2.5 seasons all while Drai is 3 year younger.

The guy is 16 points up on Couts this year but sure all of Couts 6 years of under 40 points before last year don't count now and the fact hes 3 years older to boot doesn't matter either.

This isn’t new news. This debate is no longer taking place. There were a lot of people that thought Couts was a 3C lifer. I thought they all left bc I haven’t heard anything since. Couts was runner up in selke voting. It’s like me saying you don’t win a cup with a wing as your highest paid player. It’s already happened. It’s not up for debate.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Around 45-50 some days ago, the Flyers has the lowest point total in the league. They’ve been... pretty bad this year.

Yes, then we fired the coach and have turned it around some. I wouldn't do either of these trades and have no clue as to why any Oiler fan would turn down the 1st one... you're just talking out your arse
there.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Last 1.5 years:

Drai 98 ES points in 133 games
Couts 98 ES points in 137 games

ES production: almost exact
PP production: big edge Drai
Defense: Couts
PKing: Couts
Contract: huge edge Couts

I will keep the guy who costs half as much, is better defensively and on the PK, and produces the same at ES. Oilers can keep the younger, more expensive guy who is better on the PP. Oh, and I get to keep a top 4 Dman and a 1st too!

Reactions: TheKingPin

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Flyers are not helping Edm rebuild...We are ok at center, loaded with young D, have out it's mind young netminder, plenty of cap space and loaded with prospects in every position, arguable the best prospect pool in NHL. the hell do we want to trade 1st line potentials for one talented guy... We add someone good in off season, promote youngsters fire head coach and move on.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Last 1.5 years:

I will keep the guy who costs half as much, is better defensively and on the PK, and produces the same at ES. Oilers can keep the younger, more expensive guy who is better on the PP. Oh, and I get to keep a top 4 Dman and a 1st too!

Nailed it

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Last 1.5 years:

What's with the last 1.5yr sample size? Why not just this year or last 2.5yrs?
Oilers are in position to downgrade offense for draft pick. We have had enough lotto picks already and trading Drai for quantity would certainly piss McDavid off.
Last thing Oilers need are more 2nd pairing LHDs. We have like 4 of them.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yes, then we fired the coach and have turned it around some. I wouldn't do either of these trades and have no clue as to why any Oiler fan would turn down the 1st one... you're just talking out your arse
there.
???

I’m a flyers fan.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Oilers are in position to downgrade offense for draft pick. We have had enough lotto picks already and trading Drai for quantity would certainly piss McDavid off.
Sanheim plays on 1st pair with Provorov. try again

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Sanheim plays on 1st pair with Provorov. try again
Klefbom plays top pairing minutes.. when he was down Nurse played top pairing. Sekera when healthy was on the top pairing. Doesn't make either of them legit too pairing Dmen just because they play there.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

How do you figure 60+ points from Coots and another 30 from Sanheim, and another 30+ from the extra cap savings i is a downgrade in production? Not to mention the defensive bonus

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
If I was the Flyers I would pass on deal 1 and take deal 2. It’s a big risk because it could be a top 3 pick.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Should have been more clear. Sanheim is similar to what we have in Nurse in regards to the role he would fill - Our 2nd pairing LHD.
Nurse is one of the best skating defenseman in the league I dont think many are better than him in that regard, Sanheim included.
Nurse is also very far from a stay at home dman. He is defense first but when the opportunity arises he joins the rush. Hes more of a 2-way defender than a stay at home type. He also has more points than Sanheim and is on pace for ~10 more points, but I agree Sanheim is the better offensive player.
Oilers fans are also excited to see what Nurse becomes.
For more than half the year Sanheim got approximately the same usage you guys are giving Brandon Manning with less OZS%. The main difference was that Sanheim got ~1:30min ATOI more until Dave Hakstol was fired. I don’t think the 7 point difference isn’t much to gawk at considering Sanheims usage.

I do agree though. Both are young and have a lot to give. It is exciting to see what both will do in the future.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
For more than half the year Sanheim got approximately the same usage you guys are giving Brandon Manning with less OZS%. The main difference was that Sanheim got ~1:30min ATOI more until Dave Hakstol was fired. I don’t think the 7 point difference isn’t much to gawk at considering Sanheims usage.

I do agree though. Both are young and have a lot to give. It is exciting to see what both will do in the future.

I agreed with you that Sanheim is the superior offensive player. I like his game, just not tempting enough for me to move Draisaitl for.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Again....Couturier has been used as a #1 C the last 1.5 years. To use info when he was used as just a defensive C would be dumb.

As for Sanheim, well he can also play the right side as he has been playing the right side beside Provy facing top lines since Gordon took over. And just because you have LHD, doesn't mean they are good as you know.

Reactions: Breeze 44

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I agreed with you that Sanheim is the superior offensive player. I like his game, just not tempting enough for me to move Draisaitl for.
Oh yeah yeah... I get what you were saying. It’s also understandable too. I feel like PHI is the same way in that regard.

Reactions: A91

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
#1 center on one of the best contracts in the league, a top 4 defenceman and a high 1st for Draisaitl...how is this a no?

No GM would turn the first offer down . Fans get to attach to the name on the back of the jersey .

McDavid
Coots

is a nice 1 2 punch . Trade RNH for a couple of wingers . Add a real 3 line C at a 3rd line C price point and the team is much better .

Reactions: CanadianSniper

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He wouldn't displace Klefbom or Nurse. He'd help if he was RHD, but honestly, he'd help most in a good 1-4-1 trade for a nice young winger.

Sanheim is playing RD. He’d absolutely be used as a top 4 defenceman.

Most seem to agree that Sanheim’s value is close to Nurse. Saying no to the first OP is comparable to saying Nurse+Bouchard would need to be the add if we had Couturier and wanted Draisaitl. We’d laugh at that. Talk about over valuing a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad