Proposal: Draisaitl to Flyers

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Nope

Provorov is the only piece on your team that makes us consider trading Leon.

Edit: didn't realize Philly is that bad this year. I'd easily do the 1st one. Still a no to the 2nd.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Wait....why would Philly do this? The second deal s debatable. The 1st is an easy no from Philly.

Last 1.5 years, Drai has 10 more points that Couturier does. That margin is nothing compared to Couts edge in defence. Then add in Couts getting paid just over half of what Drai does. Then add a 1st and Sanheim who I'd looking like a stud? Hell no.

The second one, who knows.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Wait....why would Philly do this? The second deal s debatable. The 1st is an easy no from Philly.

Last 1.5 years, Drai has 10 more points that Couturier does. That margin is nothing compared to Couts edge in defence. Then add in Couts getting paid just over half of what Drai does. Then add a 1st and Sanheim who I'd looking like a stud? Hell no.

We’re still celebrating the Chiarelli firing. It’s the only reason I could think an Oil fan could turn down option 1.

Randy Marsh

Aug 20, 2012
I think the Flyers are set up front. Just need patrick to start reaching that potential

They're about to lose Simmonds and Voracek is good for only 20 a year. Giroux had a career high of 34 last season, which is the first time he topped 30.

I wouldn't say they're set.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I question whether Draisaitl is a true centerman, having played wing most if his nhl career.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Flyers's be crazy to offer either package and Oiler fans saying no wow. Oilers if took either package would add 2 young talented bodies plus 1st rd pick. Then could go after a UFA such as Stone with money saved on Drai. Oilers need to surround McDavid with talent this would help in big way. Flyers would be best served keeping their assets and just signing a UFA as there are many available this summer.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
#1 center on one of the best contracts in the league, a top 4 defenceman and a high 1st for Draisaitl...how is this a no?

Our biggest need is offence and we get worse offensively.
Sanheim is very nice, but hes similar to what we have in Nurse. We also have a lot of LHD in Klefbom, Nurse, Russel, Sekera, Gravel, Manning and Caleb Jones who is NHL ready. Not worth the downgrade from Leon to Couts. Not to mention we have Bouchard, Bear, Lagesson, Persson who will all compete for bottom pairing spots next season. We are ~ok~ defensively.
A first is a first, and there is no way it would be lottery unprotected. So we lkely get a 12-16 range pick. Which is still very nice but not nearly as tantalizing as a "lottery pick"

Value wise it does favour Edmonton though. I just circle back to our ineptitude to score and the drop-off from Couts to Draisaitl offensively would IMO make use worse. Cant do it.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Someone

Jul 11, 2007
I know the Oilers say no, but the Flyers also say no.

I'm not sure the Oilers say no. Don't watch Philly much so don't know the players, and I love Drai, but either deal could help add some depth. The 1st looks like it could be high. I can't say it's a sure thing, but looks like some real quality in both Flyer packages, with good contracts.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The first is a hell no from the Flyers. I’m surprised the fan up top said no for EDM. That seems like an easy yes for them, but what do I know.

As much as I like TK, the 2nd is a yes from PHI. I also think that deal is fair for both sides. I can see EDM saying no, but the value is there. Instead of the 1st, EDM would need another impact player.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Cute you stopped at the last 1.5 years how about we do the last 2.5 hmmm that might wash away your argument, though. Oh by the way thats a 50 point difference over the last 2.5 seasons all while Drai is 3 year younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad