Sportsnet: Draisaitl: Of course we can beat that team. There’s no question about it

Were Draisaitl comments after the game:

• Total voters

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Yea you can but Mcfavid/Drai and a hot goalie wont be fun to play against in the playoffs

McDavid can win you 6 games by himself in a 5 games series... all things considered if you can dominate the Oil the way we did in Edmonton after they are coming off a hot streak, I would think you can rinse wash repeat it in a playoff series. Before last nights game McDavid had some pretty, holy shit he's gonna dominate tonight comments, and he was a zero.. no show... nada ... nothing...

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Something that as a player, he absolutely must say. I respect him for it.

Alfredsson was a quitter, Drai and McD are not.

I still think we could take this team to the cleaners in the playoffs.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Four straight losses to Toronto leaves the Oilers stirred, but not shaken.

Of course we can beat that team. There’s no question about it,” Draisaitl said defiantly. “It’s a good team — we’re a really good team. It’s always tight games, but there no questioning in our heads if we can beat them.”

Soooo ..Poll...

Oilers' shifting mentality evident after blowing late lead vs. Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

If this kind of stuff bothers you, maybe sports shouldn't be your thing.

Reactions: D Wakaluk and kb

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If this kind of stuff bothers you, maybe sports shouldn't be your thing.

Actually, I think you have it wrong. This is classic bulletin board material that makes rivalries fun and victories sweeter in sports. Michael Jordan took offense to everything. It fueled him. For me, I love the manufactured animosity. If the emotions didn't exist, it would be like playing Minnesota every game.

Reactions: Cleetus

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Actually, I think you have it wrong. This is classic bulletin board material that makes rivalries fun and victories sweeter in sports. Michael Jordan took offense to everything. It fueled him. For me, I love the manufactured animosity. If the emotions didn't exist, it would be like playing Minnesota every game.
pretty sure MJ even made up stuff to get himself motivated, but it worked lol

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
pretty sure MJ even made up stuff to get himself motivated, but it worked lol

Remember when Daniel Afredsson knocked out Darcy Tucker, there was no call on the play and then he scored the game winner on us? But Toronto came back to win the series? How sweet did that victory taste because of sports hatred? Or the playoff series against the Islanders when Shawn Bates was playing like he had rabies and the Leafs took out their captain and best defensemen and won the series? Ecstasy!

Reactions: ACC1224 and Cleetus

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
God the Oilers and their fans are the joke of the league. I hope they miss the playoffs. It’s so satisfying to be up 4-0 on them right now and watch other teams beat them too.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Remember when Daniel Afredsson knocked out Darcy Tucker, there was no call on the play and then he scored the game winner on us? But Toronto came back to win the series? How sweet did that victory taste because of sports hatred? Or the playoff series against the Islanders when Shawn Bates was playing like he had rabies and the Leafs took out their captain and best defensemen and won the series? Ecstasy!
yea still have very fond memories of those series, it was awesome!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If, after the first game of the playoffs last year, someone had asked Matthews if he thought the Leafs could beat Columbus, what do you think he should have said: "of course", "yes", "probably", "maybe", "no", "duh, what?"?

Personally, I think the only surprising thing is that there are people who are surprised at his response.

I take that back. I'm also surprised, but only a little, that a reporter would ask such an inane question.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
The Oilers were emotionally exhausted against the Habs after finally climbing to the peak of the mountain of beating the Leafs.

In OT.

With Hutchinson in net.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The Oilers were emotionally exhausted against the Habs after finally climbing to the peak of the mountain of beating the Leafs.

In OT.

With Hutchinson in net.

One of their fans actually changed their username because of that momentous win against us. It was funny reading their PGT from last night; they were joking with that fan that he/she jinxed them. It's that sad over there lol. Also, they don't care about the Leafs is another thing I've learned appartently.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
McDrai certainly have had a lot of success beating up on non-playoff teams this season. I'm sure it will once again earn them many individual trophies.

McDavid
TeamsGPGAPTS
Playoffs1971825
Non-Playoffs18142438
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Draisaitl
TeamsGPGAPTS
Playoffs19101919
Non-Playoffs1892635
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For comparison

Matthews
TeamsGPGAPTS
Playoffs1410618
Playoffs1813922
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Marner
TeamsGPGAPTS
Playoffs1781422
Non-Playoffs1851722
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Steve Webb, but Shawn Bates was a pain in the ass too

Reactions: Auston 316

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
giphy.gif

Reactions: Auston 316

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
It's amazing how many Oiler fans will make fun of all the money the Leafs are paying for their top forwards... ...yet they seem to be the team with no depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad