Sportsnet: Draisaitl: Of course we can beat that team. There’s no question about it

Were Draisaitl comments after the game:

• Total voters

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Raptor riots? I watch the Raptors as closely as the Leafs these days and I don't even know what that is.
They are comparing the Raps championship celebration to the Canuck fans rioting after their cup final loss. I guess because a bus and a couple cars where in the wrong place at the wrong time and got damaged by the celebrations our city is on par with Vancouver who’ve perfected the art of rioting for no apparent reason

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
How dare Draisaitl think his team could have won that last night!

A puck going 3 feet wide that deflects off your teammates ass, is probably not a good or repeatable game plan to win a game. Of course it was all in the plan... :)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They are comparing the Raps championship celebration to the Canuck fans rioting after their cup final loss. I guess because a bus and a couple cars where in the wrong place at the wrong time and got damaged by the celebrations our city is on par with Vancouver who’ve perfected the art of rioting for no apparent reason

Many people are binary, the subtilties of burning private property, looting, assaults' + provincial inquiry vs a couple of jackasses doing jackass stuff is equal apparently.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Mar 26, 2010
The Oilers got lucky last night. Smith played at his very best and saved them. The Leafs completely dominated them!!

I really hope the Leafs get the Oilers in the first round with a healthy Andersen and Campbell. The Leafs will run them over! It won’t even be close. I could see the Leafs sweeping them as well.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Such an insecure bunch over there.
So obsessed with everything Toronto.
They know more about our 3rd string goalies and our taxi squads - not to mention the toilet habits of AM34.
They are truly obsessed. Every headline mentioning the Leafs immediately gets put into their Out of Town Thread.
All the while wondering why Toronto is getting all the attention. The irony.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The Oilers got lucky last night. Smith played at his very best and saved them. The Leafs completely dominated them!!

I really hope the Leafs get the Oilers in the first round with a healthy Andersen and Campbell. The Leafs will run them over! It won’t even be close. I could see the Leafs sweeping them as well.

even though its just a two man team, if Smith gets super hot, they will be hard to beat

Reactions: bennylundholm

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Four straight losses to Toronto leaves the Oilers stirred, but not shaken.

Of course we can beat that team. There’s no question about it,” Draisaitl said defiantly. “It’s a good team — we’re a really good team. It’s always tight games, but there no questioning in our heads if we can beat them.”

Soooo ..Poll...

Oilers' shifting mentality evident after blowing late lead vs. Leafs - Sportsnet.ca
I guess the 3 game beat down in a week is totally ignored

that’s a good quality in a pro player
Oilers is actually the team I prefer in the playoffs
Mcdavid is crazy good but we do very well vs then so bring it on

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I guess the 3 game beat down in a week is totally ignored

that’s a good quality in a pro player
Oilers is actually the team I prefer in the playoffs
Mcdavid is crazy good but we do very well vs then so bring it on

I'd hate to say it but I'd rather face the Oil than the Sens in the playoffs and the Sens are not a playoff team.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If any one of McDavid, Draisaitl, or Mike Smith gets injured, the Oilers are done.

Literally no depth whatsoever on that team.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Four straight losses to Toronto leaves the Oilers stirred, but not shaken.

Of course we can beat that team. There’s no question about it,” Draisaitl said defiantly. “It’s a good team — we’re a really good team. It’s always tight games, but there no questioning in our heads if we can beat them.”

Soooo ..Poll...

Oilers' shifting mentality evident after blowing late lead vs. Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

What's he supposed to say, we're going to lose? Every player on every team in the NHL should say something along those lines. Including Buffalo, they have won 6 games this year.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
On any given day, any NHL team "can" beat any other NHL team. So this whole discussion is pointless.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What's he supposed to say, we're going to lose? Every player on every team in the NHL should say something along those lines. Including Buffalo, they have won 6 games this year.

If you read through this thread that has been answered a half dozen times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad