Draisaitl + Nugent-Hopkins vs. Marner + Nylander

Who would you rather have moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Draisaitl > Marner
RNH =< Nylander

Marner should focus on developing his AHL quality muffin shot and learn to score goals at the NHL level.

Imagine how good he would be if he did

Marner has the higher upside of the four IMO. He can control the game better then the other 3. RNH is probably a tad better then Nylander right now but I think Willy has much more to offer us then what weve seen so far(excluding this year for obvious reasons)

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Yeah I remember that time you voted non Leafs. I think it was about 15 years ago after you’d had a few too many and confused Sedin with Sundin.

I would never vote for either of the Sedins. They both had disappointing, useless careers and then just disappeared into obscurity, having never won anything. Not a fan. :)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
By simply being the superior player. Not surprised it doesn't compute with you.

well he's younger and in the top 5 in scoring right now, might want to run that calculation again

4 points less, 10 more goals, way better defensively, and plays more important position yet the other guy the superior player?

Fascinating. Just fascinating.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
You have to chuckle when folks make fun of Marner's shot. If he's already destroying the league with his "muffin," how good will he be when he has more strength? His ceiling is so high.

Its the weakest part of his game but it could certainly be improved. Mcdavid doesnt have an elite shot yet can score alot of goals

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
Meh. From looking at the poll results so far, I'd say you might need a little sensible influencing. :)

Is he not right? You don’t even have discussions, you just chime in pro Leafs talk in every thread. How is that even fun? A message board is meant for discussion, but you seem to take hours out of your days to try to convince people on the internet on how great the Leafs are. You really need to get out more, there’s more to life than trying to convince strangers on the INTERWEBZ how great your favorite hockey team is.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
4 points less, 10 more goals, way better defensively, and plays more important position yet the other guy the superior player?

Has Drai been running his own line this year? Honest question? If he is that is very impressive if hes doing that while being paired with Mcdavid its a little less impressive

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Is he not right? You don’t even have discussions, you just chime in pro Leafs talk in every thread. How is that even fun? A message board is meant for discussion, but you seem to take hours out of your days to try to convince people on the internet on how great the Leafs are. You really need to get out more, there’s more to life than trying to convince strangers on the INTERWEBZ how great your favorite hockey team is.

They sure are good though, aren't they? :)

Mar 26, 2010
Marner is the best one here.

Marner >> Draisaitl

Nylander >>> RNH

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Has Drai been running his own line this year? Honest question? If he is that is very impressive if hes doing that while being paired with Mcdavid its a little less impressive

McDavid is his most common linemate this year. And unsurprisingly, his numbers fall off a cliff when he's with anyone else.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
They are one of 10 teams that have a chance to win a Stanley cup this year, yes. People have an average life span of what 75 years? You spend probably 2 hours of everyday on here sticking up, and being a Leafs homer. Do you have a GF? Why aren’t you achieving more at your job? Do better in life, make you’re mommy proud rather than burning through her internet plan from the basement.
Bro. It’s a parody account.

The answer here is the leafs duo.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Feel free to support "way better defensively" with evidence.

And playing the more important position loses it's luster when he usually plays with McDavid anyways. When he centres his own line the results aren't pretty.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
McDavid is his most common linemate this year. And unsurprisingly, his numbers fall off a cliff when he's with anyone else.
How many of Marners points come from playing with Tavares or from playing on the PP with Matthews and Tavares and Morgan Rielly.
Let’s not pretend one guy plays with plugs.
Both players are in great positions to succeed.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
They are one of 10 teams that have a chance to win a Stanley cup this year, yes. People have an average life span of what 75 years? You spend probably 2 hours of everyday on here sticking up, and being a Leafs homer. Do you have a GF? Why aren’t you achieving more at your job? Do better in life, make you’re mommy proud rather than burning through her internet plan from the basement.

LOL. Someone's mad because the 'ol Leafers are WAAAAAAAY better than their team. :)

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
I would never vote for either of the Sedins. They both had disappointing, useless careers and then just disappeared into obscurity, having never won anything. Not a fan. :)
If your criteria for being a fan of a player is having won something, how are you a maple leafs fan? Guess there has not been a good TML player since 1967 ;)

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
How many of Marners points come from playing with Tavares or from playing on the PP with Matthews and Tavares and Morgan Rielly.
Let’s not pretend one guy plays with plugs.
Both players are in great positions to succeed.

Agreed but Marner drives a line featuring John Tavares thats the difference IMO

Mar 26, 2010
Who would you rather have on your team moving forward?

2018-2019 statistics

Draisaitl
16 goals
21 assists
37 points
31 games

Nugent-Hopkins
10 goals
19 assists
29 points
31 games

VS.

Marner
6 goals
35 assists
41 points
31 games

Nylander
0 goals
2 assists
2 points
3 games
Looks like your poll backfired on ya bud.

Toronto duo AINEC!!!!

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
If your criteria for being a fan of a player is having won something, how are you a maple leafs fan? Guess there has not been a good TML player since 1967 ;)

There have been GOOD Leaf players, and even some that were VERY GOOD.......but alas, none have been truly great since Dave Keon wore the blue & white. I admit it.

That seems to have a very good chance at changing lately, with the new guys we have on the team. WOOT!!!!!

Reactions: Bando

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
There have been GOOD Leaf players, and even some that were VERY GOOD.......but alas, none have been truly great since Dave Keon wore the blue & white. I admit it.

That seems to have a very good chance at changing lately, with the new guys we have on the team. WOOT!!!!!
Haha fair, at least you are consistent then!

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Drai > Marner as of right now but its close. I see them being relatively equal over their careers
Nylander > Nuge mostly because of age and ceiling. As of right now I think Nuge is a more complete, well rounded player.

I'd take Oilers duo if this was right now but probably lean towards Leafs duo after a few years assuming Nylander grows into the player I think he can be. OP did say "moving forward" so I'll vote Leafs.

Anybody saying "Leafs easy" is just a homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad