Draisaitl + Nugent-Hopkins vs. Marner + Nylander

Who would you rather have moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Who would you rather have on your team moving forward?

2018-2019 statistics

Draisaitl
16 goals
21 assists
37 points
31 games

Nugent-Hopkins
10 goals
19 assists
29 points
31 games

VS.

Marner
6 goals
35 assists
41 points
31 games

Nylander
0 goals
2 assists
2 points
3 games

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Marner > Drai (I believe Marner is the better player but Drai makes this closer because of his ability to be a C)

Nuge < Nylander (no explanation needed).

If McDavid > Matthews
and Drai-Nuge > Marner-Nylander

Then boy is it a mystery how the Leafs have a way better offense than the Oilers.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Marner > Drai (I believe Marner is the better player but Drai makes this closer because of his ability to be a C)

If McDavid > Matthews

Then boy is it a mystery how the Leafs have a way better offense than the Oilers.

because teams don't consist of 3 players and they have these things called coaches that effect teams a bit.

Draisaitl=Marner
RNH>Nylander

More complete players, Marner has more of a game breaking electric ability than Leon.

They'll also be cheaper long term.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

If McDavid > Matthews

Because they have Tavares, Kadri, and Kapanen as well.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hmmmm. Tough one.
Of the four players I like Drai the best because he’s a big center who I think is the best all round player of the four. But Marner looks to have taken a big step offensively this year so the gap is not that big.
I like Nylander the least of the four but RNH is older than all four of them.
Given the age of RNH I’d lean towards the Leafs even though I’d find it hard to pass on a big center like Drai.

Last edited:
Reactions: AustonPowers

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I would go with RNH and Draisaitl. RNH is better position wise and defensively then Draisaitl. Draisaitl is better offensively. Marner definitely wouldn't have 35 assists playing for the Oilers since there would only be 2 other guys on the team that can score besides himself. Probably too early to tell, but I would definitely take Draisaitl and RNH today.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh. From looking at the poll results so far, I'd say you might need a little sensible influencing. :)
Well I voted for the Leafs.
I’m still holding out hope to see you vote non Leafs in a poll. I thought you were wavering a bit in the McDavid vs Hyman poll but then you picked Hyman AINEC! :laugh:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well I voted for the Leafs.
I’m still holding out hope to see you vote non Leafs in a poll. I thought you were wavering a bit in the McDavid vs Hyman poll but then you picked Hyman AINEC! :laugh:

I simply go with the best option, always. :)

I have voted non-Leaf before. When it was the best option.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

If McDavid > Matthews

I've noticed this a lot. But in comparison to any young core, not limited to the Oilers. People pan it off on the depth scoring. But, for example, Kapanen has 21 pts in 31 GP since joining the top-6, he had 10 in 55 before that. Brown set career highs in goals & pts when he played half the season with Matthews. Hyman scored 40 pts last season with ECHL level hands. The list goes on.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

If McDavid > Matthews

Matthews/McDavid
Marner/Drai
Nylander/RNH

Tavares/Chaisson
Reilly/Klefbom
Kadri/Caggiula
Gardiner/Nurse
Kapanen/Puju

I voted for the leafs duo because of Marner but I think you get the point. Leafs have a bit more scoring depth to surround that trio.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
probably depends on what your team needs. Marner probably has the highest offensive ceiling of the group and Nylander the 3rd highest so if you can afford to pass on the centers I think you take them, but if you need centers then you take the Edm duo

Draisaitl > Marner
RNH =< Nylander

Marner should focus on developing his AHL quality muffin shot and learn to score goals at the NHL level.
for sure, he's never going to have any NHL success unless he does that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad