Draisaitl + Nugent-Hopkins vs. Marner + Nylander

Who would you rather have moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
That Poll is before the season had even started this year. Also the fact that it has been locked, so no more votes.

Time for a new poll buddy!

So it turned from 60-20 slaughter to Draisatl not even being in Marner's league according to you within the span of 3 months? All the while Drai is above a PPG? Interesting how opinion will drastically change over 30 games.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Draisaitl is a beast , size skating, passing , shooting. Ine of the best overall packages in the game. Marner is also a beast skating, passing, shiftiness.

RNH is just a better hockey player then Nylander.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Maybe I'm just in the dark, but I don't feel confident with this one because we don't really know what Nylander is yet. Nuge is a more finished product (not that he's done improving).

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Drai = Marner
Nuge > Nylander

How electric Marner is offensively is balanced by Drai being a beast in all situations and still being a crazy good scorer. Drai will also be cheaper once Marner cashes in this summer.
Nuge is better than Nylander no question, and cheaper, and plays center. Much much better defensively, actually has played both wing and center before effectively, and is great asset for the pk.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Marner > Drai (I believe Marner is the better player but Drai makes this closer because of his ability to be a C)

Nuge < Nylander (no explanation needed).

If McDavid > Matthews
and Drai-Nuge > Marner-Nylander

Then boy is it a mystery how the Leafs have a way better offense than the Oilers.

We said

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Marner > Drai (I believe Marner is the better player but Drai makes this closer because of his ability to be a C)

Nuge < Nylander (no explanation needed).

If McDavid > Matthews
and Drai-Nuge > Marner-Nylander

Then boy is it a mystery how the Leafs have a way better offense than the Oilers.
Are you serious bam? Even you should be able to figure this out

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Matthews/McDavid
Marner/Drai
Nylander/RNH

Tavares/Chaisson
Reilly/Klefbom
Kadri/Caggiula
Gardiner/Nurse
Kapanen/Puju

I voted for the leafs duo because of Marner but I think you get the point. Leafs have a bit more scoring depth to surround that trio.
And last year when Tavares wasn't around? Unless Kadri having an advantage over their 4th best forward was the reason the Leafs were a top 6 team and the Oilers were bottom 10.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Are you serious bam? Even you should be able to figure this out
Even going back to last year before Tavares. Kadri and Marleau being better than your 4th and 5th best forwards isn't the reason the Leafs were top 6 and the Oilers were bottom 10. And before you go blaming Talbot, it can be argued that he's the same reason you made it into the playoffs the year before that.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Even going back to last year before Tavares. Kadri and Marleau being better than your 4th and 5th best forwards isn't the reason the Leafs were top 6 and the Oilers were bottom 10. And before you go blaming Talbot, it can be argued that he's the same reason you made it into the playoffs the year before that.
You seem to be forgetting about JVR, Bozak, Kapanen. Like you mentioned, Kadri and Marleau as well.

Those 5 forwards are better than anyone the Oilers have upfront after McDavid, Drai, and RNH. Heck last year, Connor Brown was probably better than the 4th best Oiler forward which definitely says something. So that's 9 forwards that are better than our 4th best forward.

Rielly is better than any D man the Oilers have, Klefbom is right there with him when he's on his game. The thing with Klef though is he can be very inconsistent.

Anderson is better than any goalie the Oilers have.

I'll play your game though. Is the gap between McDavid and Matthews bigger than the gap between Drai and Marner in your opinion? Because I think it is, quite easily.

That's not to say that it's not fair to say Marner>Drai, and Nylander>RNH. The problem is is when you have Leafs posters like @Hollywood North stating that Marner is 10X the player Drai is. They are very close, and any knowledgeable person knows that.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
You seem to be forgetting about JVR, Bozak, Kapanen. Like you mentioned, Kadri and Marleau as well.

Those 5 forwards are better than anyone the Oilers have upfront after McDavid, Drai, and RNH. Heck last year, Connor Brown was probably better than the 4th best Oiler forward which definitely says something. So that's 9 forwards that are better than our 4th best forward.

Rielly is better than any D man the Oilers have, Klefbom is right there with him when he's on his game. The thing with Klef though is he can be very inconsistent.

Anderson is better than any goalie the Oilers have.

I'll play your game though. Is the gap between McDavid and Matthews bigger than the gap between Drai and Marner in your opinion? Because I think it is, quite easily.

That's not to say that it's not fair to say Marner>Drai, and Nylander>RNH. The problem is is when you have Leafs posters like @Hollywood North stating that Marner is 10X the player Drai is. They are very close, and any knowledgeable person knows that.

LOL

1. Klefbom is a good 2 at best, more like a 3D. He's not on Rielly's level, especially what Rielly's shown the past 2 years. Rielly's entering top 10 D-man status, nobody would have Klefbom in their top 20-30.

2. Those same forwards you mentioned led the team to last place the year before Matthews, Marner, Nylander got here so you're definitely overrating their impact.

3. Talbot was the reason you made the playoffs 2 years ago.

4. I have Nylander > RNH and Marner > Draisiatl but just by a little, LD makes this closer because he can play center.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
LOL

1. Klefbom is a good 2 at best, more like a 3D. He's not on Rielly's level, especially what Rielly's shown the past 2 years. Rielly's entering top 10 D-man status, nobody would have Klefbom in their top 20-30.

2. Those same forwards you mentioned led the team to last place the year before Matthews, Marner, Nylander got here so you're definitely overrating their impact.

4. I have Nylander > RNH and Marner > Draisiatl but just by a little, LD makes this closer because he can play center.
It's very apparent that you haven't watched Klefbom this season, very apparent.

Those forwards led the Oilers to last place? Oh you mean 18 year old Connor McDavid who played played 45 games that year? You also can't forget about 19 yr old Drai. Damn teenagers.
Where did Nylander lead the Leafs that year?

You didn't answer my question though. Is the gap between McDavid & Matthews bigger than the gap between those players?
You also failed to acknowledge the fact I pointed as to why the Leafs were/are better which is their depth.

Of course though, "LOL"

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
LOL

Comedy value 10/10

Mar 26, 2010
Marner is way significantly better than Drai. I stand by that.

RNH is not even worth talking about.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
No I don’t think so. If you listen to the Hockey analysts around the league, they have all been saying that.
Ah so that's what you base your opinion from, that makes a lot more sense now.

You must listen to a lot of Jeff O'Neill.

Mar 26, 2010
Ah so that's what you base your opinion from, that makes a lot more sense now.

You must listen to a lot of Jeff O'Neill.
Everyone! Not him.

I am not saying Drai is not a good player, he is. Marner is just in a league of his own.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Everyone! Not him.

I am not saying Drai is not a good player, he is. Marner is just in a league of his own.
Let me break this down for you Hollywood.

You state that Matthews is very similar to McDavid, and that are on the same tier.

You then state Marner is significantly better than Drai, and is 10X the player Drai is.

In the off-season you were one of the posters that also said Tavares is a top 6-7 Centre in the league, but you better not dare discredit Marner for playing with him(Discredit Drai for playing with McDavid though, that's cool)

Do you understand how all this makes you look?

Also, Marner is in a league of his own? A league of what players?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad