Draisaitl-Gretzky-McDavid vs Jagr-Lemieux-Crosby

Better 3 pairing?

• Total voters

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
The pens here have two of the top 5 players all time and jagr another top 15 player of all time. Neither mcdavid or Leon are close right now

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This explains quite a lot.
How? I was actually gonna put Messier but when I searched for highlights all I could find was one with him throwing elbows and even though I saw him play Drai is above that dirty game and Drai is reigning AR/Hart/Lindsay winner

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I mean this is obviously the Pens trio, but it should be noted the Pens trio is just way better balanced as a line than the Oilers trio which is just going to be all out offense. I'll take the two-way game of Crosby and the power forward element Jagr brings to just having three guys who score.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
Why is it always like , most points =better player?
Datsyuk, toews, bergeron, sorry but i would take tham before i take draisaitl, jagr or Crosby.
Wayne is ok , everyone would take him, but than i think datsyuk- Toews are really close.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Why is it always like , most points =better player?
Datsyuk, toews, bergeron, sorry but i would take tham before i take draisaitl, jagr or Crosby.
Wayne is ok , everyone would take him, but than i think datsyuk- Toews are really close.
Because toews two way capabilities doesn't negate the 40 more points crosby would consistently score more a season

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Prime Gretzky doesnt have the speed or hockey sense to keep up with McDavid or Drai. Totally different eras.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Prime Gretzky doesnt have the speed or hockey sense to keep up with McDavid or Drai. Totally different eras.
The best hockey sense in the history of the game...see below the timestamp comment from that goalie

As for speed McDavid has been on a line with Eberle and Lucic....and the Great One in his prime is faster than Lucic

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
And here I am wondering if Crosby really is the 2nd best penguins player... cause jagr has a pretty solid case for being ahead.

I'd have mcdavid over Crosby too and that's nothing against Crosby.

Oh, and Gretzky is better than Lemieux.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Bruh deleted this comment or deactivate your account. Gretzky's hockey sense is unrivaled to this date, except for one guy perhaps. The only one who's reached it is Mario.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
You’re calling the best player to ever play the game, who is lauded for having some of the best hockey sense of all time, not being able to keep up hockey sense wise?

Gretzky was the most dominant player to ever play the game, but that is not the same thing as the most skilled player. Wayne was scoring on players that could barely skate and goaltenders without any fundamentals. Players today are bigger, faster, stronger, and much more skilled than ever before. The game is on a completely different level today than it was in the 80s.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
To your credit, this is only the second dumbest Gretzky-related comment I've seen this weekend. The other came yesterday, when someone said Gretzky wouldn't even be an NHL-caliber player in today's league.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Gretzky was the most dominant player to ever play the game, but that is not the same thing as the most skilled player. Wayne was scoring on players that could barely skate and goaltenders without any fundamentals. Players today are bigger, faster, stronger, and much more skilled than ever before. The game is on a completely different level today than it was in the 80s.

And yet all this somehow means his hockey sense, which was his greatest asset, couldn’t keep up?

This is a bad take.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
As much of a fan I am of Lemieux and Jagr, I'm actually quite surprised HF is going against Gretzky in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00