Draisaitl-Gretzky-McDavid vs Jagr-Lemieux-Crosby

Better 3 pairing?

• Total voters

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Out of these two 3 pairings, which of these do you consider the better 3 pairing? In one 3 pairing you have the greatest player in Oilers history and 2 possible generational talents and in the other 3 pairing the 3 greatest players in Penguins history.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
One of these is not like the others. At all.

Replace Draisaitl with Moose or Coffey and I would have likely voted for Edmonton's trio.
True but Messier is slow compared to Drai and less skill. Inserting a peak Wayne Gretzky with Edmonton's duo is a better option.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Gretzky at his best was better than Lemieux, while Crosby at his best was better than McDavid. But the differences aren't that wide. Certainly not as wide as the difference between Jagr and Draisaitl. For that reason alone, I'm going with the Pens trio.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Gretzky at his best was better than Lemieux, while Crosby at his best was better than McDavid. But the differences aren't that wide. Certainly not as wide as the difference between Jagr and Draisaitl. For that reason alone, I'm going with the Pens trio.
I'd say Gretzky and Mario were pretty even as far as in game impact. If it’s one game or a seven game series, you can’t really go wrong with either.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
True but Messier is slow compared to Drai and less skill. Inserting a peak Wayne Gretzky with Edmonton's duo is a better option.

ActiveCoarseHyrax-size_restricted.gif

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Lol Messier was really fast in his prime, faster than Draisaitl is today.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Only way I would vote for Edmonton is if you switched Draisaitl to Messier and Jagr to Malkin but even then I still think I would take the Penguins trio.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
McDavid hasn't either.

This, I can disagree with.

McDavid hasn't won a cup yet, but he has, individually, done more than Kurri.

It's really unfair that his team is utter garbage around him, and not just in the short term either. All they've done is burn the start of his best years so far, and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

McDavid will easily be looked back as the 2nd or 3rd best Oiler.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I personally prefer McDavid over Crosby.
But I also prefer Lemieux over Gretzky.

Was a hard decision but went with Lemieux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad