Post-Game Talk: Draicula Returns

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
It's so odd that we still have these chicken littles posting after a 7-1-2 stretch beating a lot of playoff teams in the process. Try to enjoy the ride at least a little bit FFS.

There really is a pretty vocal and surprisingly large contingent of Oilers fans who are seathing inside because they've become openly invested in the Oilers losing. They've staked their reputations on the Oilers being bad.

Reactions: TB12 and guymez

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
There really is a pretty vocal and surprisingly large contingent of Oilers fans who are seathing inside because they've become openly invested in the Oilers losing. They've staked their reputations on the Oilers being bad.
Like that Jim Lahey fella?

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Not only that but to say that the Oilers "refused to show up" against the Flames is absurd. The last two games were playoff type battles that could have gone either way.

It's so odd that we still have these chicken littles posting after a 7-1-2 stretch beating a lot of playoff teams in the process. Try to enjoy the ride at least a little bit FFS.

If these are playoff battles then we're currently on the verge of being swept.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You and Tippett both recall wrong.

Yamamoto played 10:22 at 5v5 in his first game of the season. He played 9:22 of that with Draisaitl. He was on the ice for 10 seconds with Haas.

Yamamoto was gifted a spot from shift one with Draisaitl and he's run with it. But the notion that he worked his way up the lineup is a fabrication.

Well color me corrected then thanks.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
If these are playoff battles then we're currently on the verge of being swept.
Regular season doesn’t equal playoffs. There’s no shootouts so the last game we played might have ended differently.

Plus, our team is a lot different now than the first time we played against the Flames.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Hmm, I wonder who you’re talking about...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

They can always cheer for the other perennial losers in the Sabres or Devils as they aren’t actual Oilers fans.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’d be fully on board with adding an asset to get them to take Neal

I'm fine with losing Neal after this season. He's completely useless 5x5 and hasn't really been a factor after the first 4 games of the season when he scored 7 goals in 4 games. In the 46 games since then he's scored 12 goals while playing prime top 6 and PP minutes. Hopefully he hits another hot streak and scores another 11 goals in the next 32 games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm fine with losing Neal after this season. He's completely useless 5x5 and hasn't really been a factor after the first 4 games of the season when he scored 7 goals in 4 games. In the 46 games since then he's scored 12 goals while playing prime top 6 and PP minutes. Hopefully he hits another hot streak and scores another 11 goals in the next 32 games.
View might be revised after playoffs. Neal is an enigma at times but he appears to get more involved once the playoff starts. Some players just save more for the bigger time of year, and Neal would be one of those.
Neal though needs some individual work and coaching. When he's not going he needs to be a lower event player. That's an area of work but he's had some postseasons that were solid. Vegas probably the best look.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Random thought, I got em..

I really miss David Perron. Always loved the player. Felt there was a rough gem there and elite talent. His behind the back goal was a thing of beauty. Tapping the puck in while on his knees and picking inside post. Most players you would say that's a fluke, an accident. With Perron anything goes is on all day and a player that makes he remember Smyth like few others. Perron is one of those throwbacks, players with the imagination to do what others just don't try, and to practice all day any day trying to do just those things.

Perron is such an underrated part of the blues and as a player in whole. Its nice to see him finding this legacy. He's been rock solid in Vegas and now in STL. A pleasure to watch wherever he is.

Salute David Perron, you were a good Oiler too!

Reactions: oobga and drewshoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad