Draft/Trade Options

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Howard (1.5 retained), 16OA, Tatar, Sproul

Klingberg

With the exception of Mrazek/Larkin/Mantha and AA, I would add almost any additional piece(s) to make this happen. This includes next years' first(lottery protected) if needed. That being said, Dallas won't be sending him anywhere(short of McDavid/Matthews-lol). He is their best dman already and the Stars have three UFAs(Goligoski/Demers/Russel) this summer. Not to mention that he has 6 yrs left on his deal at a ridiculously low cap hit of $4,250,000/yr(what we were paying Quincey). By the time this contract is up, he will no doubt have one of the most cap friendly cap hits in the league.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
With the Nil factor, I wouldn't rule out a deal between Dallas and Detroit for Howard. Klingberg is a pipedream though seeing that Dallas already has 3 pending UFAs on defense. Might have to add B Smith as well. Might as well add Nuke to the mix as well.

of course Klingberg is a pipedream; we should make every effort to get him though. use two first round picks, send tats and nike, i dont care, we need good defense.

The NHL is dominated by teams with defense who can move the puck, play solid D, and hit. we dont have a single player who can do all three and the teams who do, do.

J.K. doesnt have the hitting ability, but his hands in the defensive zone look a tad like my Handle's Name (perfecthuman)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You're not getting Klingberg out of Dallas. Come on. He's their entire blueline they are building around.

You want some real talk on a trade? Swap Howard for one of Niemi or Lehtonen. You don't save any cap, but you shave 1 year off the contract. You also have a veteran around to keep things stable if Mrazek gets hurt or give him rests. It's not ideal, but I think it's preferable to a buyout or retaining salary. Get a good backup goalie in return, cut off 1 year of the contract. About as good we we could hope for without giving up assets for no salary retention.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
You're not getting Klingberg out of Dallas. Come on. He's their entire blueline they are building around.

You want some real talk on a trade? Swap Howard for one of Niemi or Lehtonen. You don't save any cap, but you shave 1 year off the contract. You also have a veteran around to keep things stable if Mrazek gets hurt or give him rests. It's not ideal, but I think it's preferable to a buyout or retaining salary. Get a good backup goalie in return, cut off 1 year of the contract. About as good we we could hope for without giving up assets for no salary retention.

I'd do that deal, not sure Nill would.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Looks like this offseason Dman wise could be an interesting trade market.

Rumored to be on the block:
Shattenkirk
Barrie
Fowler
Vatanen
Trouba *not to sure this is true

That's some quality guys and should help keep prices reasonable early on. Holland has to snag one of them if he truly wants to improve our blue line.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd do that deal, not sure Nill would.

Who else is taking his overpriced goalie tandem? And who else could he get to replace them?

Believe it or not Howard is one of the better options and they can dump one of their contracts. Otherwise buyouts, but they'd still need to sign a new goalie.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Who else is taking his overpriced goalie tandem? And who else could he get to replace them?

Believe it or not Howard is one of the better options and they can dump one of their contracts. Otherwise buyouts, but they'd still need to sign a new goalie.

I don't think Dallas wants the extra year of Howard's contract.

Also, I'm not sure they view Howard as better than what they have.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Looks like this offseason Dman wise could be an interesting trade market.

Rumored to be on the block:
Shattenkirk
Barrie
Fowler
Vatanen
Trouba *not to sure this is true

That's some quality guys and should help keep prices reasonable early on. Holland has to snag one of them if he truly wants to improve our blue line.

1 Shattenkirk yup i definitely see him on the block, And hopefully Detroit bound at the draft.
2 Barrie Yup from the sound of things, Barrie is definitely a goner. Sounds like Chiarelli might flip the 4th overall pick for Barrie at the draft.
3 Fowler I see Cam Fowler as the most likely one to get moved by Ducks GM Bob Murray. Hopefully Ken Holland is already talking to Murray and trying to bring Cam Fowler home to Detroit.
4 Vatanen I think Vatanen along with Lindholm will be resigned by Murray, Most likely leaving Fowler as the odd man out. Just my feelings and it seems to be most of the Duck fans feelings as well.
5 Trouba Haven't heard any rumor news on Trouba being traded, I guess it all depends on his asking price if those rumors are true or not. About him wanting 8 years $56 million. His agent denied that asking price i guess time will tell should get more information some time this summer. Would be a nice target for Holland if he can pry him away from the Jets.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Winnipeg has the 22nd and 36th picks. That might be a good opportunity to trade down.

If and only if the guy that they're in love with and would have taken at 16 anyway is guaranteed to be there at 22.

Otherwise, I want them taking the best available player or attempting to use the 16th pick to acquire a proven Dman.

They've dealt back a ton in the past and it's given them some depth. They need some top talent now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00