Draft Till You Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Negative Ghostrider said:
The Dallas Stars are soliciting trade offers for their 1st round pick (20th overall). Willing to move down in return for a later 1st and a 2nd.

Rangers should do that deal if Valibek is still available at #20

HockeyBurd*

With the 15th selection in the draft, the New York Rangers are happy to select, Drew Stafford, from the University of North Dakota of the WCHA. :handclap:

So I work out a deal ahead of time that would give me ample leg room to draft Valabik and Buffalo puts the kibosh on that. :mad: Good thing I have my safety pick of Picard. :banghead: But in the end we're happy to welcome Stafford who is a bargain at the 15th pick. He may not be exactly what the Rangers NEED but it's difficult to pass on him at the 15 spot. BPA IMHO.

HockeyBurd*

free0717 said:
I would have taken Schremp.

You and probably 90% of all Rangers fans. For me it's a very tight race between Schremp and Ladd at #6. Ladd may not have the flash of a Schremp but you'd be hard pressed to find an instance of somebody actually seeing Ladd play and not walking away a believer. And there are potential character issues with Schremp... http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040427/chl_lon2-sun.html
A guy with his ability should be getting more time in the playoffs, not less. I'm sure it's overblown though and it's no big deal really. I'd be happy to pick either. I'm just not the gambler Sather is ;)

HockeyBurd*

free0717 said:
Rangers should do that deal if Valibek is still available at #20

Incredibly he wasn't even available at 15. :cry: I think an Islander fan is drafting for Buffalo. :D

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
HockeyBurd said:
With the 15th selection in the draft, the New York Rangers are happy to select, Drew Stafford, from the University of North Dakota of the WCHA. :handclap:

So I work out a deal ahead of time that would give me ample leg room to draft Valabik and Buffalo puts the kibosh on that. :mad: Good thing I have my safety pick of Picard. :banghead: But in the end we're happy to welcome Stafford who is a bargain at the 15th pick. He may not be exactly what the Rangers NEED but it's difficult to pass on him at the 15 spot. BPA IMHO.

Yep, Stafford and Wolski were the two forwards I had trouble passing on to select Schwarz for Los Angeles. You could have had Valabik at #11 though :)

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
King Henry I's been on the clock almost 16 hours now. We'll give him some more time, but what do you guys want to do if someone fails to make their pick?

HockeyBurd*

Seachd said:
King Henry I's been on the clock almost 16 hours now. We'll give him some more time, but what do you guys want to do if someone fails to make their pick?

I'd be more than happy to draft for the Islanders :devil:
Seriously though, after a certain time has passed somebody reliable should make the pick.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
King Henry I said:
Sorry for the long delay. I've been out for the last 2 days almost. So without further delay, the NYI are proud to welcome Kyle Chipchura to the Island.
Thank god it is only a mock draft, god, that would be a great pick, this coming from an NYR fan. :banghead: :mad:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
The Blues are looking to trade down in the first round, and offer their pick (on the clock now at #17) for a later first-round pick, and a second-round pick.

PM me with offers before 9:00 Central Time today (5-5-04). If no offers have been received by then, or if the offers received are unacceptable, the Blues will make their selection at that time.

PrussianBlue :blues

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
Boondock Saint said:
The Hurricanes counter with:

A.J. Thelen + 3rd round pick (68th)

for

Alexander Radulov + 2nd round pick (39th)

The deal has been accepted by the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Confirmation awaiting from Seachd....

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Boondock Saint said:
The deal has been accepted by the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Confirmation awaiting from Seachd....

Okay, but it in the interest of "keepin' it real" (I don't know if this ever actually happens in the NHL), we'll just say the trade was made before the picks.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
<< read this with a Finnish accent, as Jarmo Kekalainen will be making the announcement >>

Having received no offers for their first-round pick, the St. Louis Blues are pleased to use it to select, from Saskatoon of the Western Hockey League, six-foot-one, 195-pound right defenseman Mike Green.

PrussianBlue :blues

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Seachd said:
Okay, but it in the interest of "keepin' it real" (I don't know if this ever actually happens in the NHL), we'll just say the trade was made before the picks.

I was set to make the offer whilst Carolina was on the clock but with some of the uncertainty early on of whether or not he'd be making the pick I thought it best to just hold off for a bit.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
A trade has been made between NJ and CHI.

Chicago has traded 2 2nd rnd picks (#41 and #45) for NJ 1st rnd (#22).

NJ, please confirm on the thread. :yo:

Oh, oops, nevermind (about confirming). :bow:

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
Well, then...
Without further A'dew, the Chicago Blackhawks are happy to select at #22,
from Crystall Saratov, RW .... ENVER LISIN . :banana:

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
I love how everyone posts their picks in the formal way teams would do it on draft day with "proud to select", mentioning the club team, and all that jazz.

So allow the Ottawa Senators to break the mold.

Crusty John Muckler steps up to the mic and clears his throat...

"Hey BRUCE... Ya you, Bruce GRAHAM... Get your fat 6'6", 220lb a*s over HERE! ... Hey, how ya doin', welcome to the Senators... NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE TEN!!!"

TopGun12

Dec 22, 2003
With the 24th overall selection the Nashville Predators are proud to select Roman Voloshenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad