5 Puljujarvi
6 Dubois

Dmen-

1 Sergachyov
2 Chychrun
3 Bean
4 Juolevi
5 Fabbro

Bean and Nylander stick out... Doubt either would be on Oilers' radar even if they drop down to 8.

How far down is Logan Brown for you?

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Mock draft 2016

Hey guys, I haven't written on here for a while and was thinking of doing what I think would be a good draft depending on trades and other stuff.

4th OVR: Dubois/Chunchyn/Juolevi
32nd OVR: Hart or BPA (not sure one it is as I haven't been following the juniors that much this year)
62ndOVR: Day/Middleton
80th0VR: Fitzpatrick/Kuznetsov
87th0VR: Stukel/Sokolov/Chrys
122ndOVR: Artemov
152ndOVR: Coleman/Reichel

Let me know what you think and provide your opinions as well

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Hey guys, I haven't written on here for a while and was thinking of doing what I think would be a good draft depending on trades and other stuff.

32nd OVR: Hart or BPA (not sure one it is as I haven't been following the juniors that much this year)

Second round pick should be used on the best scoring winger that falls to that spot. Debrincat, Dahlen, Steel, Benson ect.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

from what i've read artemov is gone in the 1st round if he isn't then i'd take him at 32 easily.

I was on the Hart train at one point but I think I'd rather trade the pick or add a skill forward.

If we somehow solve all the defense holes in FA and roster trades then I'd go (or predict);

4th; PL Dubois
32; Jonny Dahlen (or Abromov/Benson/Dahlen/Debrincat/Kunin/Tufte/Asplund/Howden/whoever falls, I guessed Dahlen.)
62; Cam Dineen (probably gone)
80; Markus Neimelainen (probably gone)
87; Brayden Burke
122; David Quenneville
152; token 7th round goalie prospect (...Adam.....Brizgala....)

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Is TSN saying NLA>FEL???

I think they are. I remember Button saying the same thing on a telecast as well. I think it's a case of them seeing a bunch of former NHLers playing in the Swiss league, but the majority of those former NHLers are soft skill guys. Swiss league has all the intensity of an All-Star game.

Finnish league actually has physicality and intensity, just not as many recognizable games. But TSN would actually have to watch those leagues to know that. Why do that research when you can just look at names?

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yes, exactly, it is pro but it isn't a great league. It might be on par with the AHL, but probably worse. Robert Nillson also did great in the league this year. We all remember that he was not a NHL player. What mathews did is still clearly impressive, just not as impressive as what many suggest.

Great points. The Swiss league stands at where in the world for best leagues? You have to go NHL, KHL, Sweden, Finland, AHL before you consider the Swiss league elite.
I don't have anything against him. I would have loved to win the pick. I would have picked up the phone and called Arizona 5 mins after we won it and tell their management we are open for business for OEL.
For the Leafs sake, hopefully they do not ruin him. I actually think in 3 to 5 years if everything goes OK for the Leafs they will have a great team. Maybe be playing us in the Cup. We could both then say "Suck it Montreal"

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Man alive, there's been so many Leafs/Matthews threads the last two days on the mains. I've been avoiding as much of TSN/SN, etc, as possible, but it's only gonna get worse.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Nothing wrong with grabbing Dubois. He brings versatility to the lineup that we don't have.

He looked really good in the video. It sure looks like London will make Mem Cup so we can have a good look at Juolevi and Tkachuk. The only thing I am worried about Tkachuk is the same problem when we drafted Gagner. They are playing with great line-mates

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Man alive, there's been so many Leafs/Matthews threads the last two days on the mains. I've been avoiding as much of TSN/SN, etc, as possible, but it's only gonna get worse.

I've already been regailed with several radio analysts (every day) saying Laine is very good but Matthews is a tier above and in the same sentence (yep) that Matthews would have gone above Eichel last year. No evidence. Just mouthbrething words into peoples faces.

Every day. Matthews > Eichel. Matthews > Laine.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
PL Dubios is nothing to be disappointed over. 42 goals 99 points in 62 games, comparisons to Hossa/Benn. I think hed not really that far off for Puljarvi (but there is a gap). I think he is a Hall level prospect TBH. The top 3 being so good and so hyped as really left a guy like Dubios really underrated

Dubois numbers just as good as RNH in draft year.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I've already been regailed with several radio analysts (every day) saying Laine is very good but Matthews is a tier above and in the same sentence (yep) that Matthews would have gone above Eichel last year. No evidence. Just mouthbrething words into peoples faces.

Every day. Matthews > Eichel. Matthews > Laine.

Yup, they are gonna hype the **** out of that kid.

All I've ever heard is that Matthews would go behind Eichel. Don't worry though, soon enough he'll be >> McDavid.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Yup, they are gonna hype the **** out of that kid.

All I've ever heard is that Matthews would go behind Eichel. Don't worry though, soon enough he'll be >> McDavid.

I mean it's fine I guess. Most people would say Matthews is the clear 1. But some debate would be nice.

Like for a shooting centre phenom I think Matthews had zero goals anda quick elimiination in the NLA playoffs whereas Laine I think was the leading goal scorer and won the championship.

How did their matchups differ? How do the leagues differ? What does Laine have to do to catch Matthews? Why is Matthews more NHL ready? etc.

They've skipped right over that part of the lottery experience.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
My personal rankings for the top forwards and dmen in this draft (as of now):

Forwards-

1 Matthews
2 Laine
3 Tkachuk
4 Nylander
5 Puljujarvi
6 Dubois

Dmen-

1 Sergachyov
2 Chychrun
3 Bean
4 Juolevi
5 Fabbro

Glad you are not scouting for us. Is this you Kevin Lowe? Nylander at 4th? Where would he play on the Oilers?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Dubois numbers just as good as RNH in draft year.

Well, to a degree.

The QMJHL has always had atleast 2 goals higher per game than the WHL though. I'd say RNH's offensive numbers that year were more impressive.

The Dub has also always had most of the big scary defenceman.

I think RNH would be fighting with Pulja for 3rd overall. I'd take RNH over Pulja if they were in the same draft. I think Pulja / Dubois is likely a better fit for our club though than RNH would be.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Well, to a degree.

The QMJHL has always had atleast 2 goals higher per game than the WHL though. I'd say RNH's offensive numbers that year were more impressive.

I think RNH would be fighting with Pulja for 3rd overall. I'd take RNH over Pulja if they were in the same draft. I think Pulja / Dubois is likely a better fit for our club though than RNH would be.

Trade RNH for Werenski and CBJ 2 rounder. Draft Dubois.

Also expansion draft protection.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well, to a degree.

People just forget how good RNH was in junior and that points was/is only a portion of the game he brings.

I have no doubt RNH would be in a battle for the number 2 spot in this draft class. Off the charts hockey iq and vision were his calling card. Center versus sniper I think preference would dictate who got drafted #2 in this draft if Rnh were in this class.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Glad you are not scouting for us. Is this you Kevin Lowe? Nylander at 4th? Where would he play on the Oilers?

Well no... don't get too upset. :)

That's my list based on how I would project their skillsets and ceilings going forward and how I think they'll turn out in the NHL. We all make our own best guesses and projections.

Not quite the same thing as who I'd pick for the Oilers specifically at #4... for that I'd say it's between Sergachyov and Tkachuk... and I'd lean towards the dman because I don't think the Oilers have anyone like Sergachyov on their team or in their prospect pipeline.

I do think Nylander is underrated though... I could quite easily see him being a very elite player at the NHL level. Obviously it's just his size and style of play (more of the same) that turns most of us off from wanting him for the Oilers... but do I think he could be one of the top 3 forwards from this draft when all is said and they've all played 10+ years of hockey in the NHL? Yes I do.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If we actually use this pick, just make sure to keep him away from the NHL for a season, whoever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad