Speculation: Draft Thread 2018-19: Part X (No Kakko/Hughes Talk) - Post Your Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Gorton has shown that he is very patient and very deliberate.

If we end up doing all of gaining Fox (check), adding Trouba (check), landing Kakko with #2 (extremely likely), and then managing to trade in to the top 15 to grab one of the centers, this will have been one of the most wildly successful off-seasons that I have seen.

And all that before we even get to free agency. :naughty:

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Based on what I've heard, the feeling is that you have a 10 year run of making the playoffs with a goalie like Knight. Comparing him to Brodeur, and Price.
I think an argument can easily be made that Knight is the third most talented player in the draft and that he’s the most likely to be a franchise player outside of Hughes/Kakko.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
After hearing the top 5 stuff I can't shake the feeling that the Kings would be in on that one.
I mean, Quick isn’t getting any younger. Even if they’re still committed to him, the pick would make sense. I think Quick and Knight could bridge each other perfectly. Give him 2-3 years in college and have him fight for a spot when Quick is about 35. I’ve had a feeling for a while that LA could do something wacky at 5, whether it be taking Boldy/Newhook or Knight.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think he gets past Edmonton. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Detroit bite if Byram and Turcotte are gone. I think Vancouver would have interest as well.

All of those teams need a franchise goalie. Knight it exactly that.

I think an argument can easily be made that Knight is the third most talented player in the draft and that he’s the most likely to be a franchise player outside of Hughes/Kakko.

Exactly, I haven't heard of multiple teams going ga-ga over a goalie since Carey Price. Heard the combine sealed the deal, as Knight is one of the best athletes to play the position.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Some names at our potential draft spots :

2nd
Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko

9=14 range
Zegras
Newhook
Caufield
York
Broberg

49th
Ilya Nikolaev
Case Mccarthy
Ryan Johnson
Pavel Dorofeyev
Marcus Kallionkieli

58th
Karl Henriksson
Jayden Struble
Drew Helleson
Harrison Blaisdell
Samuel Fagemo

68th
Yegor Spiridonov
Michael Teply
Leevi Aaltonen
Jack Malone
Semyon Chystyakov

112th
Dmitri Sheshin
Domenick Fensore
Patrick Moynihan
Lukas Rousek
Ryan Siedem

130th
Kevin Wall
Ben Meehan
Trevor Janicke
Mark Kastelic
Premsyl Svoboda

161st
Alex Swetlikoff
Samuel Sjolund
Tomas Mazura
Petr Cajka
Ondrej Psenicka

205th
Nikita Nesterenko
Roope Taponen
Arty Zhuk
Arlo Merritt
Egor Serdyuk

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

2nd
Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko

9=14 range
Zegras
Newhook
Caufield
York
Broberg

49th
Ilya Nikolaev
Case Mccarthy
Ryan Johnson
Pavel Dorofeyev
Marcus Kallionkieli

58th
Karl Henriksson
Jayden Struble
Drew Helleson
Harrison Blaisdell
Samuel Fagemo

68th
Yegor Spiridonov
Michael Teply
Leevi Aaltonen
Jack Malone
Semyon Chystyakov

112th
Dmitri Sheshin
Domenick Fensore
Patrick Moynihan
Lukas Rousek
Ryan Siedem

130th
Kevin Wall
Ben Meehan
Trevor Janicke
Mark Kastelic
Premsyl Svoboda

161st
Alex Swetlikoff
Samuel Sjolund
Tomas Mazura
Petr Cajka
Ondrej Psenicka

205th
Nikita Nesterenko
Roope Taponen
Arty Zhuk
Arlo Merritt
Egor Serdyuk

Needs more Logan Barlage at that #161 spot

Reactions: Bluenote13

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

2nd
Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko

9=14 range
Zegras
Newhook
Caufield
York
Broberg

49th
Ilya Nikolaev
Case Mccarthy
Ryan Johnson
Pavel Dorofeyev
Marcus Kallionkieli

58th
Karl Henriksson
Jayden Struble
Drew Helleson
Harrison Blaisdell
Samuel Fagemo

68th
Yegor Spiridonov
Michael Teply
Leevi Aaltonen
Jack Malone
Semyon Chystyakov

112th
Dmitri Sheshin
Domenick Fensore
Patrick Moynihan
Lukas Rousek
Ryan Siedem

130th
Kevin Wall
Ben Meehan
Trevor Janicke
Mark Kastelic
Premsyl Svoboda

161st
Alex Swetlikoff
Samuel Sjolund
Tomas Mazura
Petr Cajka
Ondrej Psenicka

205th
Nikita Nesterenko
Roope Taponen
Arty Zhuk
Arlo Merritt
Egor Serdyuk

I have to tell you, I think both Cozens and Krebs are in play in that 9-14 grouping.

On a side note, I'd love it if the Rangers could grab Cajka at 161. That's beyond a value pick IMO.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I have to tell you, I think both Cozens and Krebs are in play in that 9-14 grouping.

On a side note, I'd love it if the Rangers could grab Cajka at 161. That's beyond a value pick IMO.

Its not too far down for where most have him rated, but I can definitely see him going higher. Some untapped potential there, that Erie team was not very good, even though they have a potential blue chipper for next years draft in Drysdale.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So, you believe that Kreider ended up becoming what was expected of him 4 years ago?
I cannot speak for anyone else. He ended up being a first line player. That is all I wanted when he was drafted.
Almost everyone here said he was young and will improve greatly. He never did.
Actually, his game did improve. Whether or not you want to believe that is up to you.
Those were the overwhelming expectations expressed here. I disagreed and many here told me I would turn out to be wrong.
Expectations and hopes are not the same thing
Do you feel he improved greatly or that he was a virtual flatline throughout his career as a Ranger?
I do not believe there is a flat line.
I have asked this a few times. I get that you're not disappointed with how he's turned out, but do you believe he has become what the general expectation was 4 years ago or not?
I can only speak for me. And again, he has become what my expectations were. I try to to swim with my head in the clouds and place big expectations on hopes. I would rather deal with what is. As Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. As we see, the players are what the players are. To talk and play for theoretical is not in my nature.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Its not too far down for where most have him rated, but I can definitely see him going higher. Some untapped potential there, that Erie team was not very good, even though they have a potential blue chipper for next years draft in Drysdale.

Hell, gimme Kakko, Zegras, McCarthy, Dorofyev (slide him down to that next group), Spiridonov, Sheshin, Janicke, Cajka, and Nesterenko from your menu and I'll be the happiest this board has ever seen.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Hell, gimme Kakko, Zegras, McCarthy, Dorofyev (slide him down to that next group), Spiridonov, Sheshin, Janicke, Cajka, and Nesterenko from your menu and I'll be the happiest this board has ever seen.

My dream first two rounds right there.

Then Spiridonov and Sheshin, talk about support players with the ability to get in on the forecheck.

Janicke is a hard nosed character kid, possibly going to be Notre Dames future Captain.

Cajka is a huge candidate to have a breakout D1 season.

Nesterenko is a kid born in Bklyn the day before 9/11, played his HS and U16 hockey where I played, Central Jersey, and will be the top dog at Brown University. Love all of that, plus he's one of the latest birthdays in the whole draft, lots of room to grow.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I wouldn't be upset with Dorofeyev at 49, but personally would prefer Fagemo or some of the guys McKenzie has ranked a little higher (Hoglander, Kolyachonok, N Robertson) if they fell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad