Speculation: Draft lottery to be held 4/9

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Even if it isn't 1st overall I think Yzerman should be given the benefit of the doubt since a good majority of Red Wing fans were wtfcakes about the Seider pick and the kid looks legitimate so far

Reactions: jkutswings

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Odds are they pick fourth but we deserve some good luck and we have the best chance of drafting first, a 35% chance of drafting first or second, and a one in two shot of drafting in the top three.

Again, we deserve some luck. If you have a rabbit's foot, a horseshoe, a lucky hat, whatever, get it ready.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
On the one hand, it's comforting to know we're basically guaranteed the best prospect we've had in a long time. On the other hand, **** these dumb ******* lottery odds.
I agree, the odds are stupid. We should have, at minimum, a 30% chance at 1st and should fall no further than 3rd imo

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The only pick that will be a little disappointing for me is number 4. Picking top 3 theyre either getting a stud Canadian power winger, or 2 and 3 theyre getting a potential franchise center. After that it gets a little murkier. This is a good year to fall it seems because theres a lot of high end talent but getting a center like Byfield or Stutzle wont have me disappointed.

Just did ten sims they finished 4, 3, 1, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1, and 3. So on average they got third overall, I wouldn't hate it but all it takes is once to get first so who knows. I'm gonna torture myself for a month ugh

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Drysdale

show me the balls. I’ll be happy with any pick but I will tear apart my entire living room and eat my own face if we get 1st.

Going to need video in that eventuality.

Not that I think it'll happen, but I've never seen anyone tear apart their entire living room.

Also, I want a C or D, none of this winger nonsense.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Meh, even if we lose we still have next year and possibly even the year after. This team isn't climbing out of the cellar any time soon.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I don't want to wait another month to find out we're drafting #4.

I'm so damaged from recent deafts that I feel we'll be deafting 6th no matter what. (I know we can't draft lower than 4, for those of you who don't catch cheekiness off the bat).

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I could well see a team needing a defenseman and taking Drysdale at 3, if we get 4. Wouldn’t assume anything until the slots are determined.

Lafreniere would be amazing, for some reason I just think we will get Byfield... and I’m here for it.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
can't wait to see team after team move up and know the Wings got 4 before it's even drawn

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Instead of the lottery system, can we do like a Deal or No Deal where all the GMs pick briefcases they believe contains the #1 overall pick?

"Steve, the bank has submitted their offer. They are offering you the #2 overall pick. Would you like to take the offer or see what's in the suitcase you've selected?"

More entertaining and transparent than a mysterious lottery.

This is just a few days after I return from The Battle of Alberta. Going to be a rad or sad week depending on the lottery result. First or second will make me happy. The Quebecois Kid or Das Deutsche Duo.

Reactions: Bench

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Question for those doing the Tankathon Sim Lottery. Do you reset each time, or just keep simming? I feel like it isn't accurate if you don't reset, but maybe that is just me.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Just ran it with LA (2nd last on Tankathon) their results in 20 tries:

1st: 5

2nd: 1

3rd: 2

4th: 7

5th: 5

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Good night for the tank Ottawa won in regulation. Are current need is for 4 losses still to lock up last but any la win cuts it down by 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad