Draft lottery DRAWING ORDER is tomorow [April 20]!!!! OFFICIAL THREAD about results

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
i should know this, but can a college player like Kessel come to training camp without sacrificing elegibility?

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
helicecopter said:
Staying at #4 the Caps very probably will have the big chance to give Ovechkin the right center..
but of course, we have to wait and see which center they will actually choose.

Jonathan Toews

Continental

Nov 25, 2005
King'sPawn said:
I know it sucks to wait, but remember how they described the lottery? Over a thousand balls bouncing.

Plus, there was that .000001% chance of a particular number combination belonging to no team in particular and if they got it, they would have to redo it. Maybe they got it?
They don't have 1001 balls bouncing. There are 14 balls with different numbers, and they draw 4 of the balls. There are (14x13x12x11)/(4x3x2x1)=1001 possible combinations, and one of the combinations is "removed", resulting in redraw. The chance of getting the removed combination is 1/1001 = around 0.1%

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
They are not that dumb. They do not need more prospects, we have them coming out of our rears. They need top talent and we get one of the two top players in this draft.
I wouldn`t say that this would be dumb. They need a defence man and if Johnson isn`t available they can draft one later. Trading the second overall for say the tenth and grab Wishart or some other guy and get perhaps an additional second rounder or a nice player since the drop-off in the draft is big. Or of course trade up for the first and say a third.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wisent said:
I wouldn`t say that this would be dumb. They need a defence man and if Johnson isn`t available they can draft one later. Trading the second overall for say the tenth and grab Wishart or some other guy and get perhaps an additional second rounder or a nice player since the drop-off in the draft is big.

I will eat EroCaps' cat if the Pens trade down anywhere near tenth.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wisent said:
Or trade up with their first and a third or so.

That is a more possible scenerio. Though I am guessing that it would only take a fourth. If St. Louis is willing to trade down it is only because they want to market a Kessel. In that case it would not take much as long as Pittsburgh assured them that they would take Johnson, much as we did when we took Fleury. Assurances were given Florida who already had Luongo, so the cost was very low. If that is not the case, St. Louis will keep the pick.

But, if it happens I will eat EroCaps' cat anyways, just for the fun of it.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
That is a more possible scenerio. Though I am guessing that it would only take a fourth. If St. Louis is willing to trade down it is only because they want to market a Kessel. In that case it would not take much as long as Pittsburgh assured them that they would take Johnson, much as we did when we took Fleury. Assurances were given Florida who already had Luongo, so the cost was very low. If that is not the case, St. Louis will keep the pick.

But, if it happens I will eat EroCaps' cat anyways, just for the fun of it.
I hope you enjoy it (EroCaps` cat) :)

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Beesfan said:
i should know this, but can a college player like Kessel come to training camp without sacrificing elegibility?
There's no rule against it, but the problem is that pro training camps occur after college classes usually start. He would be able to attend off-season prospect camps without losing college eligibility.

BATJAM

Jan 14, 2005
Legionnaire said:
4-20! 4-20! If this were basketball, you know the Blazers would win the lottery! :biglaugh:

freakin (cough, cough) hilarious dood...

actually, what did you say?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
ill be happy with either johnson or kessel. kessel will probably result in a more exciting team, but johnson will probably result in a better team.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
helicecopter said:
Lucky Pens once again!!

One thing for sure anyway:
Kessel is already praying to be drafted by Pittsburgh..

Seriously. His point totals could double on a line with Crosby or Malkin. Both Crosby and Malkin can obviously score, but both absolutely love to pass and look pass first. Imagine being in goal and seeing Crosby bearing down on you with Kessel and Armstrong flying down both wings. Imagine being the defender with the decision on that one. Collapse on Crosby leaving Kessel alone or cover Kessel and let your goalie deal with Crosby one on one?

Then they go off the ice and on comes Malkin's line . . . damn.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
helicecopter said:
Lucky Pens once again!!

One thing for sure anyway:
Kessel is already praying to be drafted by Pittsburgh..

What about the whole Kessell/Crosby feud. Wasn't that said in an interview somewhere or am I just going insane :dunno:

AgentNaslund*

Jaded-Fan said:
Possible, but far from likely. I would not be at all sad if they did. Win/win either way for my team.

Oh man, you serious? Well looking at the Blues Defence, you have Brewer, Jackman, Backman, Wyowita. Not the youngest, but a good young group of Defencemens. It just doesent make sense if they take Johnson, no top of that, I believe St.Louis with the 1st pick or not, Kessel is better then Johnson. Star power matters. I am so confident Kessel will go number 1, Im gonna make a bet with someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad