Pre-Game Talk: Draft lottery countdown thread. April 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Exactly. You can work backward based on the teams that are off the board to figure out our position well
before Daly actually gets to #3. Best case would be to see Edmonton come up at #5 which would automatically mean Vancouver is in a top 3 spot (would also mean Toronto is at #4). That's the earliest we can "know" we've moved up, just as watching three 7-14 teams not appear is the earliest we can know that we didn't.

I'm doing the checklist tomorrow (if I'm online at that time, hopefully):

1. Arizona
2. Buffalo
3. Montreal
4. Colorado
5. New Jersey
6. Ottawa
7. Carolina
8. Boston

6 of these teams have to be off the board before pick #6.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'm doing the checklist tomorrow (if I'm online at that time, hopefully):

1. Arizona
2. Buffalo
3. Montreal
4. Colorado
5. New Jersey
6. Ottawa
7. Carolina
8. Boston

6 of these teams have to be off the board before pick #6.

Basically just hope to see everyone where they should be, that's the best "sign" for us. Every time a team is not in its spot there is one less spot for us. In that sense it is nerve wracking all the way starting at 14, with a team in its correct place a "win" (albeit a small one) and a team not being in its spot a "loss" (a fairly big one).

You'll be on pins and needles just like the actual draft watching a really good player falling to our spot, watching teams walk up to the podium and each time not calling that player's name. It's the same kind of thrill (maybe less at 14 but more around 7-9).

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Basically just hope to see everyone where they should be, that's the best "sign" for us. Every time a team is not in its spot there is one less spot for us. In that sense it is nerve wracking all the way starting at 14, with a team in its correct place a "win" (albeit a small one) and a team not being in its spot a "loss" (a fairly big one).

You'll be on pins and needles just like the actual draft watching a really good player falling to our spot, watching teams walk up to the podium and each time not calling that player's name. It's the same kind of thrill (maybe less at 14 but more around 7-9).

Honestly don't know if I'll be able to watch... I was having heart palpitations in 2011 game 7 ot vs Chicago...

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
50/50 we get a top 4 pick. Those aren't bad odds to go in with. Scariest thing tomorrow will be seeing 3 teams off the board before they get to the 6th pick. Best thing will be seeing Edmonton pop up at 5 indicating we are in the top 3.

Lotteries are so much fun, the anticipation is nearly unmatched outside of a SCF game.

Have they announced how they're going to do it? I said this on the mainboard, but rather than counting down the actual order, so if your team gets skipped you won but won't know which till the final 3, they could count down 14-2* from the standings using a white card with logo for non-winners and a gold/silver/bronze card for 1st/2nd/3rd. The draft would end when all 3 winners are picked, but the order doesn't necessarily matter.

Doesn't really matter how they do it, I just think that's the best way to stretch it out for TV.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Have they announced how they're going to do it? I said this on the mainboard, but rather than counting down the actual order, so if your team gets skipped you won but won't know which till the final 3, they could count down 14-2* from the standings using a white card with logo for non-winners and a gold/silver/bronze card for 1st/2nd/3rd. The draft would end when all 3 winners are picked, but the order doesn't necessarily matter.

Doesn't really matter how they do it, I just think that's the best way to stretch it out for TV.

Great TV withth e tension all the way to 1/2.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Well I know how the NBA does it and they have a similar 1-3 lottery, so I assume it will be like that. Announce teams backwards from 14 to 3, then announce 1 and the team left is 2. Not sure what they'll do if all 3 "winners" come up before they actually get to 3, whether they'd just skip to the end or still go through the process of card by card. But you would know regardless based on 3 lower teams winning that we are 6, so it isn't much of a surprise either way.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Did it three times

1-Canucks
2-Leafs
3-Canadians

1-Blue Jackets
2-Leafs
3-Devils

1-Leafs
2-Canucks
3-Jets

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Here's the bottom line for tomorrow, and everyone watching the draft should be thinking about this: We have a 48.4% chance of getting a top 4 pick, and a 51.6% chance of getting the 5th/6th pick.

So, if we get the 4th pick tomorrow (or higher), then we beat the odds. If we get the 5th pick or lower, we didn't beat the odds. In other words, if we get the 4th pick or higher, no one should be complaining. If we get the 5th, then a little complaining is fair, and if we get 6th then screw it, I'm going home. :cry:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
we're drafting 6th

come on guys this is the draft lottery, the only team that should be excited is the last place team and the Oilers

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
1, 10, 14, 7...
That is one of the winning combination for the Canucks.

One down...
114 more to go.
:laugh:

Edit:
6, 5, 3 14 is another one.
5, 10, 8, 11 too.
2, 3, 4, 12 came up too.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
maxresdefault.jpg