Pre-Game Talk: Draft lottery countdown thread. April 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I have a good feeling we are getting number 1. It's time for us to get our 1st. 1st overall pick. I can feel it.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Last one.

1. Toronto
2. Edmonton
3. Buffalo
4. Vancouver

.. Maybe I'll try again once more before the lottery tomorrow.

My last one for today:

qVaNXBG.png

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
late night benning party on the draft simulator! what else do people do on a friday?

i kind of like this one: Canucks, Flames, Oilers

We all get to argue over who got the best player for years.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Please ... Please a top 3 pick

Top4. It still gets VAN Dubois. It's #5 or later that complicates things.

#5 with EDM finishing with #4 still (likely) gets VAN Dubois. Without them finishing at #4, the Canucks will (again, likely) have to choose between Tkachuk or Juolevi.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

#5 with EDM finishing with #4 still (likely) gets VAN Dubois. Without them finishing at #4, the Canucks will (again, likely) have to choose between Tkachuk or Juolevi.

50/50 we get a top 4 pick. Those aren't bad odds to go in with. Scariest thing tomorrow will be seeing 3 teams off the board before they get to the 6th pick. Best thing will be seeing Edmonton pop up at 5 indicating we are in the top 3.

Lotteries are so much fun, the anticipation is nearly unmatched outside of a SCF game.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Yeah I agree with this and see it the same. While I do really want puljujärvi i would not be to disappointed with dubois. Drop lower though and i start having concerns. This season was monumental toward our tank/rebuild, we need a top talent, not just someone who projects to be good.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
50/50 we get a top 4 pick. Those aren't bad odds to go in with. Scariest thing tomorrow will be seeing 3 teams off the board before they get to the 6th pick. Best thing will be seeing Edmonton pop up at 5 indicating we are in the top 3.

Lotteries are so much fun, the anticipation is nearly unmatched outside of a SCF game.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the bold sentence?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Can you elaborate on what you mean by the bold sentence?

Well only that it would mean we *are* at 6 which would take the fun out of watching where the Canucks actually show up. I probably needn't have specified "before 6" and just said 3 teams before us. It's just that I want a chance to "not see" our card come up, which is the fun part. Seeing 3 teams in the 7-14 range not come up would mean we are at 6 and all the fun/drama would be lost.

Could have phrased it better I suppose.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Well only that it would mean we *are* at 6 which would take the fun out of watching where the Canucks actually show up. I probably needn't have specified "before 6" and just said 3 teams before us. It's just that I want a chance to "not see" our card come up, which is the fun part. Seeing 3 teams in the 7-14 range not come up would mean we are at 6 and all the fun/drama would be lost.

Could have phrased it better I suppose.

Ah, I see what you mean. If you don't see the 7 teams you expect to see come up in the 7-14 range, then it means that those teams are picking higher than 6/have moved up, and VAN gets 6/moves down. However, if you do see them come up before the 6th pick, it means VAN still has a shot to pick 5th or higher.

That's going to be nerve wracking tomorrow.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Ah, I see what you mean. If you don't see the 7 teams you expect to see come up in the 7-14 range, then it means that those teams are picking higher than 6/have moved up, and VAN gets 6/moves down. However, if you do see them come up before the 6th pick, it means VAN still has a shot to pick 5th or higher.

That's going to be nerve wracking tomorrow.

Exactly. You can work backward based on the teams that are off the board to figure out our position well
before Daly actually gets to #3. Best case would be to see Edmonton come up at #5 which would automatically mean Vancouver is in a top 3 spot (would also mean Toronto is at #4). That's the earliest we can "know" we've moved up, just as watching three 7-14 teams not appear is the earliest we can know that we didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad