Draft: Glass or Vilardi?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The thought of trading assets for #3 is appealing. The thought of trading #5 + assets for #3 isn't. There isn't enough of a difference in skill to warrant the price we would pay imo. Especially when Jimbo would probably pick a guy that would be available at 5. :facepalm:

Vilardi all the way between these two btw.

I think the only reason to give up assets to move up to #3 is to draft Makar (if that's the player the Canucks think is the home run pick in this draft). Even then, Columbus' 2nd is the max that should be offered.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
even andrew "chased a whistle" alberts was better than like three of the defencemen we dressed this year

Alberts was a solid #6 Dman but not so good as a #7th. He's not a guy that can come into the lineup after being a healthy scratch and contribute. But give him some games and he was very dependable.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I think the only reason to give up assets to move up to #3 is to draft Makar (if that's the player the Canucks think is the home run pick in this draft). Even then, Columbus' 2nd is the max that should be offered.

I wouldn't give up much to move up to #3. I would give up something to acquire an additional pick in the top 10.

I don't think there is enough high end quality in this draft to move up (which is also why few teams will be willing to move up to #5 if we want to trade down). But I do think there are a lot of very good, but not elite players in the 3 - 15 range, so it would be worth it to acquire an additional pick.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think there is a good chance Vilardi slides, if that happens I think a team would want to move up to take him. Since we don't want him (not me I would take him) we should then look at moving back, it is that simple. There is a couple players who I think teams may value, it is just reading who likes who and applying the correct pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad