Draft Dynasty top 10

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
This ranking is whack! Byfield at 6...no Raymond...

I know these are his rankings but there is NO WAY this happens in reality. Ottawa does not pass on Byfield once let alone twice.
raymond's there. he split his rankings into three videos. raymond was 12 behind the aforementioned and reichel.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
He said that he made it a point to avoid being influenced by other opinions and rankings. It can be very easily to be influenced by others to automatically put Byfield top 3 and Raymond top 5. I can respect that but we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Seems like for many scouts Byfield is just missing something, it’s hard to say what that is, when I watch him play I just feel like he lacks that “it” factor where your eyes are just drawn to him all game.

Hockey sense isn't at the same level as the other top guys plus that "it" factor.

The 2 things that draft dynasty nailed with his evaluations of Byfield were

1. His crappy play against the best players in his age group
2. The volume of his offense generated off the rush+ the OHL being a bit of a gong show last year.

I'd put Byfield no lower than 4, but these criticisms are legit.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
This ranking is whack! Byfield at 6...no Raymond...

I know these are his rankings but there is NO WAY this happens in reality. Ottawa does not pass on Byfield once let alone twice.

Nor is he saying they would! As you said twice, these are his rankings, not his prediction of how the draft will go.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Hockey sense isn't at the same level as the other top guys plus that "it" factor.

The 2 things that draft dynasty nailed with his evaluations of Byfield were

1. His crappy play against the best players in his age group
2. The volume of his offense generated off the rush+ the OHL being a bit of a gong show last year.

I'd put Byfield no lower than 4, but these criticisms are legit.

Yeah, he said he doesn’t raise his game to when against better competition.

But he also made another good point. He feels that some guys get a bump for being on the young side for their draft year but since Byfield is more physically mature, in spite of his age, he’s not as willing to give him a bump for that.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
While I don't agree with everything in his ranking, I respect it. He puts in the work. And I do like his top 5, especially the Jarvis ranking. Multi-tooled offensively, he plays at pace and has comparable production to OHL guys in a league that is more structured and difficult to score in. Also was the top producer on a very good team, and by a large margin. Where is the convincing logic he should be behind guys like Perfetti or Quinn?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Love his rankings and glad he likes Jarvis as much as I do. 60 points in his last 25 games in the Dub this season just shows a small piece of the incredible trajectory his career has been on for the last 3 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He musn't watch games. Rossi at 3, Quinn at 10. :sarcasm:

I'd be very happy with Stutzle and Rossi going to the Sens

I know this is directed at me, but its ok I like you ;). After 1, I think the top 10/12 is pretty interchangeable. Its the people that have Rossi top 5 and Quinn at 16 plus that are clueless. There is a pretty big drop off after 12 in this draft.

He is pretty consistent with what he likes, he does tend to lean towards players that are more ready right now which is often smaller players rather than projecting them out. But I dont think you can blame him for that, he actually watches alot of these players and they are probably better players right now which I dont think anyone can fault someone for leaning toward that bias.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dach didn't look out of place in the NHL at all, but Cozens had a great season and is a very very good prospect. Time will tell. Dach is clearly ahead obviously and should be a key center in the NHL which is huge for a team.

Why is he clearly ahead? Is it because his team put him in the NHL and Cozens team didn't?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He has Tristen Robins at 17. If you watch his individual video, he doesn’t really have any major criticisms. I guess maybe he’s assuming he’s overlooked for his size and doesn’t need to elaborate on that?

If you watch his videos the 4 guys he seems to love the most are Stuetzle, Rossi, Jarvis, and Robins.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Because it has been obvious for a long time that Kirby Dach is the better prospect.

Dylan Cozens has limited hockey IQ and is best known for skating into the boards. Dach has wonderful hockey IQ and vision. Which is why Dach will be a top 6 centerman for a long time in the NHL and Cozens will be relegated to the wing.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I dont understand how people can just comment on someone's list with something like "this is bad".

Redrafts never reflect the consensus ranking so why bother hoping every list is a slight variation of the consensus. People can not like a list because of the rationale, but just saying its bad and dipping because it looks different is pointless.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Because it has been obvious for a long time that Kirby Dach is the better prospect.

Dylan Cozens has limited hockey IQ and is best known for skating into the boards. Dach has wonderful hockey IQ and vision. Which is why Dach will be a top 6 centerman for a long time in the NHL and Cozens will be relegated to the wing.
Embarrassing take. Bookmarked this one. Lol.

Reactions: Darkseider

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He has Tristen Robins at 17. If you watch his individual video, he doesn’t really have any major criticisms. I guess maybe he’s assuming he’s overlooked for his size and doesn’t need to elaborate on that?

If you watch his videos the 4 guys he seems to love the most are Stuetzle, Rossi, Jarvis, and Robins.

I really like all 4 of them too so perhaps hes onto something?

Or the both of us are really dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad