Draft Dynasty top 10

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
What did his top 10 for past drafts look like?

Last years was

1. Kappo Kakko
2. Jack Hughes
3. Bowen Byram
4. Dylan Cozens
5. Cole Caufield
6. Trevor Zegras
7. Alex Turcotte
8. Kirby Dach
9. Moritz Seider
10. Arthur Kaliyev

He's said in a couple videos this year that he wouldn't have had Kaliyev that high anymore and started to be less of a fan of his this year. The Mysak video I believe has that mentioned.

There's also videos on his channel for 11-20 and 21-31. Highly recommend watching those and honestly all of his player videos. Best free resource out there imo.

Last edited:

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
I’ve got a lot of respect for the guy, and because he uses video to back his opinions, I prefer him to Button, Pronman, Wheeler, et al. I’m glad he went with his gut, however controversial. Jarvis reminds me of Larkin at times, so I would be on board with him at four. Reichel at 11 is another name I’m glad to see ranked much higher than other lists.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
There's a lot of projection to be done when ranking prospects. Ultimately, no one's ever right or wrong for everyone. Having watched the same prospects for full games (5-15 games each), I do agree with some of his takes, disagree with others. At least from his comments on his videos, he really does watch the games (and not just highlights).

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I agree that Jarvis should be ranked higher than where most rankings have him but not that high. He should be in that 7-12 range

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, he watches games, and goes to the trouble to make detailed videos about what he does, and does not, like about each player. He made a pojnt of saying that he really tried to ignore other rankings, and just go with his own, unbiased opinion. Good for him. There are a lot of opinions out there that are regurgitated, others that are controversial just to get attention. His are neither.

Another interesting choice he had was Rashevsky in the mid 20's. He is an overager, so I think it's highly unlikely he gets picked there, but he was gushing about him.

He does make a point of saying that this ranking is for skaters only, so Askarov is not figured in.

It's a bit disturbing to me that both he, and Bob's list had Lundelll well down in the teens, as I have him targeted for the Wild at #9.

I'm not surprised he had Quinn at 10, but am that Drysdale was at 8, as he was pretty complimentary of Drysdale's game. He is not the only one who had Sanderson rocketing up the lists.

Jarvis to DRW? He does have a resemblance to Stevie Y.

I expect many more adjusted rankings between now and draft day as players get back on the ice. Waiting for the one who has Lafreniere anything but 1st, and backs it up.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Discover this guy recently, love his videos, he gets a lot of good footage of players and explains why he thinks the way he does about players. Also, this is not his mock draft, this is just how he would rank players. So it doesn't mean he has Jarvis going to Detroit,etc.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Last years was

1. Kappo Kakko
2. Jack Hughes
3. Bowen Byram
4. Dylan Cozens
5. Cole Caufield
6. Trevor Zegras
7. Alex Turcotte
8. Kirby Dach
9. Moritz Seider
10. Arthur Kaliyev

He's said in a couple videos this year that he wouldn't have had Kaliyev that high anymore and started to be less of a fan of his this year. The Mysak video I believe has that mentioned.

There's also videos on his channel for 11-20 and 21-31. Highly recommend watching those and honestly all of his player videos. Best free resource out there imo.

I love his videos but big oof on Dach behind Cozens.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If you just wacth his rankings, they seem to come out of nowhere. But if you have watched all his player evals over the year, theres nothing in this list that is too, too surprising. His top 5 are guys he gushed over and loves everything about their game, and after that all the guys have some major aspects of their game that he doesnt love. His rankings may not be perfect but his evaluation of where guys are at currently is amongst the best in the game, and while its hard to say precisely, I think he does a good job at factoring in potential and growth (although that is much harder and harder to prove without hindsight).

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
This ranking is whack! Byfield at 6...no Raymond...

I know these are his rankings but there is NO WAY this happens in reality. Ottawa does not pass on Byfield once let alone twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad