Draft/Draft Lottery meet-up

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Yotes also won on the 1st lotto draw I just did.

As a user with pi in the nickname I expect an understanding of statistics and stochastics ;)

I'll be in the yotes IRC channel, trying to find a stream...you guys living over there are so lucky :(

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
Ran it 10 times. Coyotes won twice. Sabres once.

Sharks won first, and the Devils won twice in a row. CBJ won two as well. Oilers and Leafs won the remaining two.

Don't have a good feeling about this at all.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
As a user with pi in the nickname I expect an understanding of statistics and stochastics ;)

I'll be in the yotes IRC channel, trying to find a stream...you guys living over there are so lucky :(

Well, I do have a math degree and work as an analyst for a local corporation. But you don't need one to know that stochastic is just mathurbatory talk for "**** happens." :)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So is this at 4:30 or 5?

I'm guessing they'll do 15mins of hype and commercials. 10mins of envelope opening and commercials. Then 5mins of retrospective hype and commercials. If I had to guess, we will know who owns the top pick some time between 4:45 and 4:55.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
The game starts at five. I'm guessing the lotto is done before the game starts?

I had assumed that was like any other TV broadcast, where the pregame takes X amount of minutes, and the actual game doesn't start for about 20 minutes in.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You might be right. The NHL sure sucks at hype and marketing in general. McDavid might be the best NHLer in a decade and they can't even get people who already know, and already want to watch, to have any clue how or when they can watch. It's pathetic. This league has itself to blame for being the red headed step child of the major pro sports.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
You might be right. The NHL sure sucks at hype and marketing in general. McDavid might be the best NHLer in a decade and they can't even get people who already know, and already want to watch, to have any clue how or when they can watch. It's pathetic. This league has itself to blame for being the red headed step child of the major pro sports.

I agree. Altough the NFL doesn't have the lottery, their draft night is watched by many. It makes too much sense to have this marketed and known. It's like they are just sliding this under the rug.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Sadly, the flight that I was standing by for filled up. Sending good vibes long distance. Would have been nice to meet people whom I have probably not met before (maybe)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad