Draft/Draft Lottery meet-up

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I've never seen this and have spent paychecks there. Also, they have a second bar dedicated to drinking now so it shouldn't be a problem. Only thing would be if they have the NHL network or not.

Experienced this myself a few months back when I went to see The Dwarves there. Caused a bit of a problem with a group of guys that were kicked out, literally, within minutes of ordering drinks.

Perhaps this is a new policy or just occured on this night for unknown reasons?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Experienced this myself a few months back when I went to see The Dwarves there. Caused a bit of a problem with a group of guys that were kicked out, literally, within minutes of ordering drinks.

I'm curious if the bartenders told them "hey, you will have to leave in a few minutes though if you order".

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Whoa thats crazy. ok I will check the calendar. I can always meet somewhere else too if anyone has suggestions but I still think yucca would be a good spot.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
On 4/18 there is a free show at Yucca at 9pm. That's midnight in Toronto and New York City. Draft lottery should be long over by this time but even if Bettman parties hard, it's a free show so there's no issues with making sure only paid patrons are inside. I would love to catch the lottery with Yotes fans but I'll be in Boston that weekend. Have fun folks, wherever you watch.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
It's also really close to the free way (literally 2 blocks from the 51).

Hmmm... I live a half mile away, I don't have an excuse not to show up. Are you all definitely going there?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Hmmm... I live a half mile away, I don't have an excuse not to show up. Are you all definitely going there?
I don't think there's a consensus yet but it does seem to have been boiled down to Half Moon or Yucca Tap Room. My vote is Half Moon since it's an actual sports bar (not that it matters, just looking for a tie breaker).

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Would the Yucca Tap Room or the Half Moon be closer to me? (I live in Gilbert)

Because that's the one I would want to go to, haha.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I'm down to go to Yucca. Whatever works for you guys is good for me. I don't mind driving wherever

I can also pick people up if they don't have a ride. Idk if that's too weird but it'd be cool to have a bunch of us all there

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I suspect if we pull the "closest to me" approach we'll at best end up pretty fragmented because my impression is that most of us live all over the valley. Of course you're always going to have those if it's not down the street from me I'm not going types.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Which one?

Holy **** double zed! I can't believe I didn't think to consult you! La Petit France. Never been. Wanted to go to La Petit Maison but it changed ownership a few months back. Now they are artisan taco tourist food. Whoopdeedoo. I enjoyed it when it was around as a "French" place.

I will absolutely scrap plans and reset on your recommendation. I totally spaced that I have a French friend. I know it's a big country, but honestly I'm after anything good. Obviously wine is as important as food. This place claims to the Alsatian. Which is less than inspiring as far as wine goes. At least in my limited knowledge, Alsace is about as far from Bordeaux as one can get in France. Still, their patio looks beautiful and I'm sure they import wine through New Jersey just like everyone else. Haha.

My wife lived in Toulouse for one semester of college. I don't know what that means, but it looks a bit like the Pittsburgh of France to me, haha. In terms of reputation. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Holy **** double zed! I can't believe I didn't think to consult you! La Petit France. Never been. Wanted to go to La Petit Maison but it changed ownership a few months back. Now they are artisan taco tourist food. Whoopdeedoo. I enjoyed it when it was around as a "French" place.

I will absolutely scrap plans and reset on your recommendation. I totally spaced that I have a French friend. I know it's a big country, but honestly I'm after anything good. Obviously wine is as important as food. This place claims to the Alsatian. Which is less than inspiring as far as wine goes. At least in my limited knowledge, Alsace is about as far from Bordeaux as one can get in France. Still, their patio looks beautiful and I'm sure they import wine through New Jersey just like everyone else. Haha.

My wife lived in Toulouse for one semester of college. I don't know what that means, but it looks a bit like the Pittsburgh of France to me, haha. In terms of reputation. Maybe I'm wrong.

Haha, no worries, I was just curious. Never been to La Petite France, but looking at the menu I should try it out! I'm not seeing too much of an Aslacian influence (that would be sauerkraut and flamenkuche - flat bread with cheesy cream sauce, which are both really good), but all the burgundy classics are there: escargot, frog legs, duck, beef burgundy, a good old Parision pepper steak, Provence (Meditarrenean) mussels, even Alpine fondue... I'm sure i'll be great.

I wouldn't have much to recommend anyway as far as French cuisine. The few tradicional French places I;ve been to have closed - there was one in Scottsdale years ago - can't remember the name, Coup des Tartes, which is closed right now, and Le Chalet on the west side, which closed a few months ago. I liked Petite Maison, bummer about the change of ownership.

For a romantic dinner and unusual food, I'd recommend Bink Midtown on 24th and Osborn. Much cheaper than Binkley's in Cave Creek, but still very good, and the place itself is great. It's inside a house, it's classy without being stuffy.

By the way, Toulouse is actually a really nice town. Cassoulet (a stew based on beans, duck, pork and other types of meat, a local specialty) is delicious.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Don't worry guys, I got you covered. The place you're looking for is called Mimi's Cafe. You can thank me later. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad