GDT: Draft Day - The Council of Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If this lets us tank for a top-3 pick and get Rossi and Ek some experience that may improve them in years to come, I'm game.

Hopefully we don't scare off Kaprizov & Fiala in the meantime.

If the goaltending is competant, and even one of Rossi or Kaprizov hit the ground running, this is an easy playoff team. If both hit the ground running, it's probably a good playoff team.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
We need to start filling up the defense-goaltending prospect pipeline.

Our forwards are looking nice with Rossi, Boldy, Khusnutdinov, Beckman, Khovanov (I guess you could include JEE and Greenway if we're including Kaprizov).

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
We need to start filling up the defense-goaltending prospect pipeline.

Our forwards are looking nice with Rossi, Boldy, Khusnutdinov, Beckman, Khovanov (I guess you could include JEE and Greenway if we're including Kaprizov).

Kahkonen, Jones, Robson probably puts the Wild in the upper third of the league for goaltender prospects.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Looks like it. Don't see any big fireworks after this.

Also don't know why we moved up in the 3rd to grab Hunt?

I'm not too concerned about the move up with extra 2nd this year and the extra picks next year. I like the first 3 picks enough to trust Brackett a little bit on that.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Is the draft having technical difficulties? The trade tracker isn’t working and they have to be done with round 2 by now

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
NHL Network is actually interviewing Hunt

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wild just announced their Qualifying offers. Only notable is appears they are letting Matt Robson and Hunter Warner go UFA by not qualifying them.

Robson is surprising.

Edit: Appears Warner signed an AHL only deal yesterday.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Loving Guerin's moving around the draft to get guys at positions of need at the slots they should be taken.

The medieval thinking that you are stuck at your arbitrarily assigned position and just need to BPA that 17th LW has little place in a contending organization.

Draft position is the fungible money that you spend to cover your structural holes in your organization. Not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad