GDT: Draft Day Part 3: Who's Stogie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm too used to dealing with English media for soccer sources. Nothing is worse that that.

Also I remember when Dreger was gospel.

Dreger has a very up and down history. But I think it's important to remember just how many variables there are when reporting rumors and negotiations.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Calgary, San Jose, Edmonton and Dallas all still need a goalie.

What are they going to trade? The only realistic NHL player that we could get that I want from any of those teams is Yakupov. Besides that, I want picks and prospects. Those teams don't have many 2015 picks left. Are we really going to get a 2016 first out of any of those teams?

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Alrighty. I will ignore TSN and Hockey News employees in the future.

Maybe I will try Eklund out next time.

Those sources never said anything was a done deal. Maybe learn to figure out that a deal isn't a deal until its official. Just because people speculate doesn't mean the speculation is fact. I mean, you do realize that right?

Nobody promised you the Rangers were getting a 1st round pick for Talbot. Nobody said that today is the ONLY day the Rangers could trade Talbot. Your disappointment in this situation is because of yourself. Not anybody else.

The Rangers did nothing wrong tonight. They DID do something right. They have a valuable player in Talbot and they didn't just give him away......but lets be pissed at the Rangers? Come on.....

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I will be honest. I couldn't care less if Sather got a 1st for Talbot. As long as he realizes he must maximize the asset he has before he loses it for nothing is all I ask. Get something fair.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Anyone else think that the Isles fleeced the Oilers in that trade? Reinhart is a really overrated prospect IMO.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Almost all the good players are now gone and we still have Talbot. Terrific job by Sather.

So I guess we should trade the rest of our draft picks and forget about rounds 2-7 in the coming years? You are overreacting. Talbot can still be traded tomorrow after all didn't we mostly all expect a 2nd rounder or 2 with a prospect or something along those lines?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
What are they going to trade? The only realistic NHL player that we could get that I want from any of those teams is Yakupov. Besides that, I want picks and prospects. Those teams don't have many 2015 picks left. Are we really going to get a 2016 first out of any of those teams?

Nieto from SJ and Ritchie from Dallas are two players I'd love to see in a Ranger uniform.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Does it have to be a 2015 pick?

We could. Not Edmonton but others.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So I guess we should trade the rest of our draft picks and forget about rounds 2-7 in the coming years? You are overreacting. Talbot can still be traded tomorrow after all didn't we mostly all expect a 2nd rounder or 2 with a prospect or something along those lines?

After that Lehner trade, if we didn't get a first or the equivalent of it, we've screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad