GDT: Draft Day 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hoping for another Draft Day Yzerman Miracle, Ta-Dah!! Let's make it a tradition.

1657162746654.png

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Sooo want to get this over with before I stroke out worrying what my Devils do. I’ll yeet myself off the nearest bridge if Fitz does something stupid .
This "yeet" that you speak of. It does not mean what you think it means.

What is 2OA in a weak draft really worth anyway?

Could end up the next Zacha, Zajac or Zalapski

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Well, it's draft day and we have zero clarity. Consensus pretty much does not exist anywhere in the draft. Chaos reigns.

This should be fun in a crazy way.

Personally, if Kasper is gone, I want them to consider trading down and then packaging 2nds and trading up. They could walk away with Ostlund and Lambert or something like that. Might as well go crazy with it.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I’m pretty much fine as long as we don’t take Lambert, Kemell, or Lekkerimaki.

Great, you’re the first person to set a “do not draft list” that we all look back at to point and laugh. Now we are locked into one of these 3 guys.

Well, it's draft day and we have zero clarity. Consensus pretty much does not exist anywhere in the draft. Chaos reigns.

This should be fun in a crazy way.

Personally, if Kasper is gone, I want them to consider trading down and then packaging 2nds and trading up. They could walk away with Ostlund and Lambert or something like that. Might as well go crazy with it.

Surely Kasper can’t be the only prospect you have graded out as a top 10 talent.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Honestly, Savoie is my boy.
Gauthier, Kasper, Geekie, Lekkerimaki, Kemell and Nazar (or someone that falls) I can see the logic for at 8. They all have some attractive qualities and some warts, so it comes down to preference somewhat. Frankly there's players slated to go mid first that I wouldn't hate at 8...

But I actually want Savoie. The rest is just what I tell myself so I'm less disappointed when we reach for Ostlund or whatever.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Two wingers and a guy with questionable compete level? Yeah, the last thing we need.
Not the last thing. The last thing we need is more middle to bottom half of the lineup bodies.

We need some kind of high end talent. Those wingers certainly bring some high end goal scoring talent.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
let’s do a tier list of who we want, I’ll start:

Emotions after round 1 could go as follows:

1) JIZ zzing with happiness - Savoie (very possible) Cutter Gauthier (pipe dream?), Trade up to 2/3 for Cooley/wright (unlikely)

2) Happy with a half chub - Kasper, Nazar

3) Meh - Lekkerimaki, Ostlund, mintykov, Kemell

4) Completely flabbergasted - Geekie, Ohgren, Lambert??

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It appears to be televised on ESPN / ESPN+. Any idea if it will also be covered on ABC, or any of the usual live streams?

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
My Wild fan friend asked me if I’d be cool with trading Detroit’s 8th overall for Minnesota’s 19th and 24th. I’m thinking absolutely not lol but wanted to see how others felt about that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad