GDT: Draft day- 2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Will be interesting to follow Arnesson. For me it was a proud day yesterday, as I have followed him closely since he was a peewee. Played with my son in both soccer and hockey, also had him often at our house. He was the type of kid who always wanted to play outdoors. When we all were out in my backyard, playing either streethockey or soccer, Linus never quit, meanwhile my son wanted to go inside playing videogames.

Hopefully he develops a notch or two this coming season.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
There are some credible Swedes who post here regularly.. most of the them seem to be excited with Linus. I'll remain optimistic :).

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This Fitzgerald pick reminds me of something MOC would have done.

As others have said, he would have done it at 60.

Honestly at 120 or whatever it was there is nothing wrong with the pick. You are probably talking about a 5% chance to have much more than a cup of coffee at the NHL level at that point, and Fitz has skill. Sure he is small, but when he exits BC, he'll probably be 5'11 200lbs, and with some offense, defense, et. and a chance at a 3rd or 4th line wing job after a year or two in Providence.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I really like everything I've read about the 2nd through 4th round picks. The giant in the 5th seems intriguing too. Seems like a whole lot of overreacting to not dumping Peverley, free agency hasn't even started. The Bruins roster will change over the summer.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 47s
1) I hope everybody notices that 22 of the top 30 players drafted played in the Canadian Hockey League. Thank you very much.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What are the rules for bringing in undrafted players?

I know you can invite them to your camp, but I thought if they were 18 or 19 and undrafted, then they immediately went into next year's draft.

I believe you can invite them to camp and sign them if they are undrafted. If no one signs them, they go into next draft. It's basically a risk. You'd have to sign an undrafted player to retain his rights and take a chance.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Arnesson & Cehlarik are major steals for the Bruins. Both guys will make their way to the NHL within the next few years.

After a year of big minutes at Leksand I think Arnesson will be ready for 2014-2015 in NA. With the Bruins depth on the blueline he may be spending 14-15 in Providence but is an NHL player.

Cehlarik is literally a Michael Handzus clone with better hands and vision. This kid could turn out to be the steal of the draft if he continues to develop like he did in the 2nd half of this season.

This time next year, much like Koko did, he will look like he should have gone in mid-first round.

Really like the draft class. If Sherman turns out he's a MONSTER blueliner, Fitzgerald has the potential to be a Gallagher type. Blidh is very, very much like PJ Axelsson but looks like he has better touch.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Arnesson & Cehlarik are major steals for the Bruins. Both guys will make their way to the NHL within the next few years.

After a year of big minutes at Leksand I think Arnesson will be ready for 2014-2015 in NA. With the Bruins depth on the blueline he may be spending 14-15 in Providence but is an NHL player.

Cehlarik is literally a Michael Handzus clone with better hands and vision. This kid could turn out to be the steal of the draft if he continues to develop like he did in the 2nd half of this season.

This time next year, much like Koko did, he will look like he should have gone in mid-first round.

Really like the draft class. If Sherman turns out he's a MONSTER blueliner, Fitzgerald has the potential to be a Gallagher type. Blidh is very, very much like PJ Axelsson but looks like he has better touch.

Thanks rc. I like the group also, given that they were drafting low in each round and starting at 60.
They have some good projects here that might develop over time.

Jobs will be scarce in Boston for years so the B's can afford to take chances.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I believe you can invite them to camp and sign them if they are undrafted. If no one signs them, they go into next draft. It's basically a risk. You'd have to sign an undrafted player to retain his rights and take a chance.

Bruins are close to the 50 contract limit. I doubt they go that route unless a guy really impresses.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks rc. I like the group also, given that they were drafting low in each round and starting at 60.
They have some good projects here that might develop over time.

Jobs will be scarce in Boston for years so the B's can afford to take chances.

Agreed, this was a chance to swing for the fences with pretty much every pick and I think Chiarelli did a great job of grabbing players with HUGE!!! upside.

The only player I don't see the massive upside in is Dempsey but with his size/strength, raw intangibles, etc. He could become a solid asset down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad