GDT: Draft day- 2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Kind of pissed they couldn't make a move into the first or second. Heck even third would've been ok. Can't stand pat. Oh well.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Thanks for the analysis...a lot of his attributes sound similar to some of the attributes Krejci has...not saying he will be anything close to that, but seems like a player with a lot of subtle skill and a head for the game.

I've never seen Fitzgerald play but from Bill's analysis the 1st name that pops into my head is Riendeau- Bill do you think there's a comparison to be made there?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Dude, did you like this draft? I know there is no room for discussion on a message board, but I didn't like it..

I think they made the best of what they had. No "sexy" picks so I think that disappoints us. Certainly more of a long term draft with Swedes and Fitz at BC.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 28s
Florida tried to acquire first pick overall, but Colorado wanted 2 of the Panthers top young roster players which killed the discussion.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I think we just have to wait and see how these players develop.

Aside from seeing Fitzgerald play a few times in high school, I don't know these kids from a hole in the wall.

Considering they didn't have a first round pick, and they were picking at the end of each round, the chances of getting a player that would impact the team in the next couple of years was not likely.

Heck, except for a handful of guys in the first round, most of these 17 or 18 year old kids are going to be playing juniors or in college next year.

I think any draft pick is likely 2-5 years away depending on what round they are drafted in. I'm excited to see these guys at development camp and start following their progress. We just can't realistically call this draft a success or failure at this point.

The Bruins obviously see something in these players, or else they wouldn't have taken them.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not sure if anyone saw this:

Peter Quenneville

-He is the second cousin of Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup-winning coach Joel Quenneville and Boston Bruins defenseman, Johnny Boychuk, is his uncle by marriage.

Random lol

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS
The current lineup wasn't getting fixed with this draft. There was nothing outside Seguin they could give up to get in the first round, and outside the top 4 picks I wouldn't be happy with that anyway. There's an entire summer to figure it out.

I have no idea about any of the players they drafted, so I'm not gonna pretend to give it a grade. Bs scouts know more about hockey than I do.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not sure if anyone saw this:

Peter Quenneville

-He is the second cousin of Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup-winning coach Joel Quenneville and Boston Bruins defenseman, Johnny Boychuk, is his uncle by marriage.

Random lol

Definitely random but there were a lot of family ties this draft

B's prospect Ryan Fitzgerald is a cousin of Keith Tkachuk and Kevin Hayes (Chicago prospect). His Dad, Tom is the Assistant GM in Pittsburgh.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Now we can all look forward to Free Agent Friday. Where everyone on this board will ***** and moan and consider this off-season a disaster five minutes after noon and every five minutes after that.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
I played against Fitzy when he was on MC. That team was an absolute powerhouse and it was mainly because of him. He just dominates the game. He has a great stride and thinks the game like no one I've ever defended against. He beats you with his players around him, yet he has the skill to embarrass you. He's very fast, and a very good passer. And this was 2 years ago. So pumped for Fitzy to get drafted by the home town team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad