GDT: Draft Day! 1st round Friday June 23rd. In TT we trust: TVA, SN 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
I'm also curious about the % chances of a trade up? This might not be the right thread to discuss it but we've got some time to kill until #25 is up. lol
My guess is about a 20% chance of a trade up and it would be for one of the 2nd tier centers.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Draft Day! 1st round Friday June 23rd. In TT we trust

2017 NHL Draft

Fri, June 23, 7pm ET (NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports)

Link to the make your own pick thread: here

Link to the single picks thread: (upcoming)

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
NHL Draft day : 1st round at 7pm

gary-bettman-nhl-we-have-a-trade-to-announce.jpg

It's draft day...Nico or Nolan?

Habs move up, move down, trade away or do nothing.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Will I get stoned if I say I don't trust TT? Because I don't. We never seem to have great kids coming up.

Is he really even the head scout anymore? From what Ive heard and read he just seems to be VP and help make decisions about trading prospects and trusting his scouts

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Seriously, just trade the 1 round draft pick we all know it's going to be another bust.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Pretty much. I still don't understand how anyone projected McCarron to be worth a top 30 selection. Offensive potential was NOWHERE to be found. IMO.

He was picked 25th and with his size he was probably not making 2nd round. There wasnt much better taken after him. The best two players after him so far because its still early is Hartman and Lehkonen.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He was picked 25th and with his size he was probably not making 2nd round. There wasnt much better taken after him. The best two players after him so far because its still early is Hartman and Lehkonen.

Ditto. And even there, the same question marks around Mac were present with Hartman.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Pretty much. I still don't understand how anyone projected McCarron to be worth a top 30 selection. Offensive potential was NOWHERE to be found. IMO.

How can a scout be a great talent evaluator in later rounds but not in the 1st round ? Makes no sense. Talent is talent, it shouldnt matter when we pick. 1st round is the most crucial and TT is meh.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How can a scout be a great talent evaluator in later rounds but not in the 1st round ? Makes no sense. Talent is talent, it shouldnt matter when we pick. 1st round is the most crucial and TT is meh.

I suppose that people's logic is that Timmins is good at finding future NHLers in later rounds (no impact players) and expectations are higher in that regard when you're picking in the first round. My problem with Timmins is more that he seems to have difficulty targeting forwards. His resume is much more impressive in net and on D.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I suppose that people's logic is that Timmins is good at finding future NHLers in later rounds (no impact players) and expectations are higher in that regard when you're picking in the first round. My problem with Timmins is more that he seems to have difficulty targeting forwards. His resume is much more impressive in net and on D.

Lekhonen was quite a pick though, but yeah he has a much better average at picking Ds than forwards, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad