Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I have been keeping an eye on him, too. Saw some really nice goals by him earlier in September (I'll see if I can find them). He's got a pretty decent shot. Wonder if he'll get some time with Riga later on in the year.

Edit: Found them, here they are....

Riga had a B2B against Kapitan and were shutout AGAIN. The team has now slipped below 2.0 G/GP, which mindbogglingly enough is only third worst in the MHL while the highest scoring teams in the league approach 4.

Zabusovs had 4 SOG and once again +/- 0.

Reactions: Joey Bones

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I hope (wish) the Rangers can find a way to draft their franchise forward and then move back up and pick this guy.
I doubt this happens (would be amazing) but I wouldnt mind taking Bowen with our only top pick. The left side of our defense would be absolute bonkers
Byram-Guy
Miller-Guy
Hajek-Guy

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
I doubt this happens (would be amazing) but I wouldnt mind taking Bowen with our only top pick. The left side of our defense would be absolute bonkers
Byram-Guy
Miller-Guy
Hajek-Guy
Skjei, Lindgren, Day...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Shoulda watched this game instead, oh my god Bowen

The thing with Byrum is how he sets the tone for the game and can be rolled out there in any situation.

He figures to put up solid, but not necessarily ungodly numbers. But he looks like a guy who could play 30 minutes if he reaches his full potential. When you can roll a guy like that out there for half the game, it’s huge.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
No Joey, you were wrong.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

So wrong.

Fill in the blank - “Joey was ____.”

Wrong for a thousand, Alex.

The opposite of right is?

You is wrong, boy!

The opposite of right ain’t left, it’s WRONG!

Make it an extra value meal of wrong.

Eenie, meanie, minie, WRONG!

Wrong squared.

Gimme a W. Gimme a R. Gimme an O. Gimme a N. Gimme a G.

What’s it spell? Wrong.

Wrongo on the Rongos.

A brighter shade of wrong.

Sorry wrong number.

Tony the Tiger says, “Thery’re wrrrrrrrrrong!”

#Wrong

#FiredAsScouts

This is great :popcorn::laugh:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Elite talent is elite talent, but I always take the center over the winger, everything else being equal.

Kakko would be an amazing consolation prize if the Rangers miss out on Hughes, but you just know that the ping pong balls will be engineered to keep us out of the consensus cream of the crop of the draft .

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Elite talent is elite talent, but I always take the center over the winger, everything else being equal.

Kakko would be an amazing consolation prize if the Rangers miss out on Hughes, but you just know that the ping pong balls will be engineered to keep us out of the consensus cream of the crop of the draft .

Nope.

People need to stop with this nonsense.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Nope.

People need to stop with this nonsense.
Don't @ me when the Rangers' slot moves down after the draft lottery. The Rangers have been hurt by some very suspicious lottery misfortune over the years. I don't expect this to change.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The US National Under 18 team is playing Harvard tomorrow night and the game is on ESPN+.

07:00PLive –College Hockey Regular Season From Cambridge, MA. USA – Usntdp U-18 vs Harvard [Live + Re-play][ESPN+]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ESPN+ Live Event Schedule (by date) - ESPN MediaZone U.S.

Bob McKenzie said on NBCSN on Wednesday that the US program could have 9 players taken in the 1st round.

Hughes
Turcotte
Boldy
Zegras
Caufield
Beecher

York
Vlasic

Knight

These kids were born in 2001. Crazy.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hughes is a better prospect than Dahlin

Four of the six NHL scouts said they would take Hughes over Dahlin, while two were firm about their preference that Dahlin would still be their No. 1. And personally, I'd side with Hughes, as well.

"You can't pass up a forward who makes everyone around him better," said one Western Conference scout regarding Hughes. "If Jack was eligible last year, I think if you polled 31 GMs about who is No. 1 between him and Dahlin, it would have been interesting. I think it could have been 18-13 or 17-14 for Jack."

Another scout said, "You can win the Stanley Cup without an elite No. 1 defenseman."

Among the scouts I've talked to, some expressed concern about Hughes' defensive play and his size. That has been a common theme for Hughes and older brother Quinn. At 5-foot-10 and 168 pounds, Jack Hughes would be the smallest first-overall pick since Patrick Kane, who was listed at 5-foot-10 and 178 pounds in his draft season. The size factor hasn't really held Kane back, as he leads everyone else in his draft class by more than 200 points and has averaged better than a point per game over his career.

Where would Jack Hughes fit into our top 100 prospect list?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I take Kakko over Hughes and i EASILY take Dahlin over both, not even remotely close.

Also, Kakko has played C on and off coming up and he was really good at C in the CHL game this week.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This board, especially its European contingent has some very...unique views when it comes to Hughes, especially as it relates to Kakko.

Can’t say I particularly agree with it, but I admire the passion and don’t think anyone can say they’re not making a solid case.

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Kakko played at center recently, if he stays there he should be the #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad