Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If we end up 4-6 and can't grab Hughes, Turcotte or Kakko do we hope for Byram, Cozens, Krebs or Dach?

I think any of them are good options. I think Byram is the best d-man in the draft and that Cozens and Dach are on fire, looking like legit top 6 options in the NHL. Jury is still out on Krebs, but I think he'd be more of a project than to Dach or Cozens.

Despite what the reports were for Podkolzin, he'd be a seriously good option in that range. The only knock on him, IMO, is that he has no pro games yet in the KHL, which isn't really his fault. SKA is loaded up front. Would be nice to see, though. Eventually he'll get some KHL time.

Others could be Matthew Boldy, Ryan Suzuki, Raphael Lavoie, Cam York, and the obvious Alex Newhook. Spencer Knight, amongst what most think, could push himself in that frame, too.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don’t have any first hand viewing information but based on what I’ve read and heard, I think you are a little high on Turcotte. Cozens and Dach seem to be higher and climbing. Both off to fantastic starts.

Turcotte is just injured, ATM. Hasn't had much time to show himself, yet. I think he's a top 10 talent.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I'm a bigger fan of Cozens, but Dach has come on strong. I think there is a potential for Cozens to fill out and be a stronger player than he shows at the moment. Both are very good and will probably go top 7.

Cozens is considered the smarter of the two by my guys out west. Not saying he's going to be a Barkov (skills are not elite), but there is a potential for that dominant 3-Zone center with Cozens.

If the Rangers end up with Cozens and Grewe with two 1st round picks this year, I would be very happy.

Keep an eye out on the latter, he will be a riser with more exposure.

Agreed on Grewe, he's slick!! Not sure if he'd be the best option if NYR has No. 31, but he's been looking pretty good in the SuperElit. He does take a lot of penalties, though.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Good or bad?

Good. He always had an excellent shot and good offensive awareness, but I didn't like how he skated. Too upright and acceleration wasn't as consistent, for me.

After watching how he's been this year, he looks more explosive on his feet while always maintaining the puck. Very strong on his feet, too, which was another thing I didn't like last year.

Could become a slide into the top 10.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
October List.

1. Dylan Cozens-C
2. Alex Turcotte-C
3. Jack Hughes-W
4. Kaapo Kakko-W
5. Kirby Dach-C
6. Bowen Byram-D
7. Alex Newhook-C
8. Trevor Zegras-W
9. Peyton Krebs-C
10. Arthur Kaliyev-W
11. Ryan Suzuki-C
12. Henri Nikkanen-C
13. Raphael Lavoie-W
14. Vasili Podkolzin-W
15. Matthew Robertson-D
16. Spencer Knight-G
17. Matt Boldy-W
18. Cole Caufield-W
19. Cam York-D
20. Victor Soderstrom-D
21. Jakob Pelletier-W
22. Simon Holmstrom-W
23. Daniil Gutik-W
24. Josh Williams-W
25. Michael Vukojevic-D
26. Nicholas Robertson-W
27. Maxim Cajkovic-W
28. Philip Broberg-D
29. Henry Thrun-D
30. Ben Brinkman-D
31. Michal Teply-W
32. Anttoni Honka-D
33. Ryder Donovan-C
34. Moritz Seider-D
35. Nolan Foote-W
36. Pavel Dorofeyev-W
37. Mikko Kokkonen-D
38. Connor McMichael-C
39. Kaedan Korczak-D
40. John Farinacci-C
41. Ilya Mironov-D
42. Samuel Poulin-W
43. Albin Grewe-W
44. Robert Mastrosimone-C
45. Marshall Warren-D
46. Tobias Bjornfot-D
47. Ilya Nikolayev-C
48. Nikola Pasic-C
49. Jamieson Rees-C
50. Colten Ellis-G
51. Martin Hugo Has-D
52. Yegor Spiridonov-W
53. Trevor Janicke-C
54. Leevi Aaltonen-W
55. Nathan Legare-W
56. Lassi Thomson-D
57. Dustin Wolf-G
58. Maxence Guenette-D
59. Shane Pinto-W
60. John Beecher-C
61. Alex Beaucage-W
62. Luke Toporowski-W

Just Missed: Grant Silianoff, Vladimir Alistrov, Nils Hoglander, Drew Helleson, Bobby Brink, Patrik Puistola, Dmitri Sheshin, Nicholas Porco, Kim Nousiainen, Tag Bertuzzi, Brooklyn Kalmikov, Artemi Knyazev, Graeme Clarke, Sasha Mutala, Phillip Tomasino, Marcus Kallionkieli, Logan Barlage, Ryan Johnson, Billy Constantinou, Cameron Rowe

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cozens plays a game against Junior players that should work much better in the NHL compared to the game that Hughes plays. Junior hockey is very different from the NHL. If the NHL was pond hockey, Hughes would be the obvious best player in the upcoming draft, but its not. He's behind others in areas of the game from what I've seen. A lot of people want to ignore parts of the game other than the ability to put up points.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
October List.

1. Dylan Cozens-C
2. Alex Turcotte-C
3. Jack Hughes-W
4. Kaapo Kakko-W

5. Kirby Dach-C

tenor.gif

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Agreed on Grewe, he's slick!! Not sure if he'd be the best option if NYR has No. 31, but he's been looking pretty good in the SuperElit. He does take a lot of penalties, though.

I like him a lot. Discipline issues and all, you need to have a shift disturber, and not too many skill kids have that type of disposition these days. Ideally you end up with 3 firsts this year, but if it's 2 firsts, and 3 2nds, then you're in a good place.

Looking back the 14-16 drafts, outside of Shesty and maybe, the Rangers might not get a single NHLer. That's not a good foundation for a rebuild. So I expect them to really hone in on guys that can fill a role. Grewe, at the low end might be a Roussell, on the high-end might be a poor man's Marchand.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Alright, it’s October. I guess it’s time.

My first 2019 Top 31 (Fair warning - This WILL change):

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Cozens
4. Podkolzin
5. Byram
6. Turcotte
7. Dach
8. Newhook
9. Kaliyev
10. Krebs
11. Broberg
12. Boldy
13. Suzuki
14. Caufield
15. York
16. Lavoie
17. Bjornfot
18. Soderstrom
19. Mironov
20. Knight
21. Zegras
22. M. Robertson
23. Korczak
24. Honka
25. Poulin
26.Vlasic
27. Foote
28. Pelletier
29. Soderblom
30. Beecher
31. Williams

Reactions: NewLife

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Good list Edge, it looks pretty close to mine.

The only exceptions are that I have Knight and Zegras right around 15, while Boldy and Caufield are a bit lower. I would switch Dach and Turcotte's positions as well. I went into the year liking Turcotte better, but Dach has just been a beast so far this year.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Good list Edge, it looks pretty close to mine.

The only exceptions are that I have Knight and Zegras right around 15, while Boldy and Caufield are a bit lower. I would switch Dach and Turcotte's positions as well. I went into the year liking Turcotte better, but Dach has just been a beast so far this year.

Dach is a little bit of a wildcard for me. Two years ago he looked like a top 5 pick. Last year, not so much. This year, he looks like a top 5 pick again. Splitting the difference, I put him 7 behind some guys who have been a little more consistent or dynamic for me.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Pavel Dorofeyev has gotten some KHL action with Magnitogorsk. Has a plus-1 through 4 games, but has been getting a lot of chances. Here are some highlights....

Also, Nikita Rtishchev (who went undrafted last draft), is almost at a PPG pace in the VHL and has gotten his first KHL goal today with CSKA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad