Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part VI (Lottery 04/09 8PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Just finished Frolunda vs Lulea.

No points for Fagemo, but he was very good, kid can really forecheck and cycle. Even though he doesn't get a lot of ice time he makes the most out of every shift and this is probably the best game I've watched him play all year and you wouldn't know that by the score sheet.
I want fagemo with one of our later firsts. Love him

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Even if the Devils take Kakko, that gives us Hughes, who in my mind is the better prospect (by a hair at this point)

Hughes would allow Lias or Chytil (or both) to shift to wing full time

This is truly a win win for us regardless of how NJ picks

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Suzuki is like the last thing we need. While I’ve always liked him (and had him at 7 a few months ago) he really doesn’t fit and I don’t think he’s a Ranger type pick. He has the tendency to disappear and he needs to play with more effort. His IQ and passing is crazy though, especially IQ. Top 5 in the draft. I don’t think he’ll fall to the Jets pick but he’s been sliding a bit lately

I want Poulin with the Jets pick
I don’t know how confident I am in the Rangers taking a kid from the Q in the first, but I certainly wouldn’t be against it

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Panarin Zibanejad Buchy
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Lemieux Howden Kravtsov
Lias Strome Fast
Nieves

Skjei Myers
Staal DeAngelo
Hajek Fox
Smith Pionk

Georgiev
Hank

Now that would be a fun group to watch next year.

Reactions: Leetch3

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I don’t know how confident I am in the Rangers taking a kid from the Q in the first, but I certainly wouldn’t be against it
Poulin is legit. Leading his team in points by quite a bit with little offensive support and is going to be captain for them next year iirc. He’s an all around forward who has an excellent shot and he plays a hard nosed 200 ft game. Great around the net as well and having a fantastic playoffs with 8 goals and 14 points in 8 games
I would not be surprised if he rises a lot and goes mid teens

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Panarin Zibanejad Buchy
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Lemieux Howden Kravtsov
Lias Strome Fast
Nieves

Skjei Myers
Staal DeAngelo
Hajek Fox
Smith Pionk

Georgiev
Hank

Now that would be a fun group to watch next year.

Except at least one of those top six players and probably two of them won't be here.

Reactions: Trxjw and Matt4776

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Ranger draft #2, they have still more picks on top of what they've had, timeline trees meet forest.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I think it's almost a given now the Kreider gets dealt, and I think Panarin to Florida was sealed the moment Coach Q took over.

Which I have 0 problem with.

Next year is going to be a blast to watch even if we're not good with the development of Kravtsov/Kakko, nevermind the continued development of Chytil/Andersson/Howden/Rykov/Lindgren/Hajek/Lemieux/maybe Fox.etc.

It's a really fun time to be a Rangers fan. Any great pick we get next year is just gravy.

Reactions: Off Sides

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Which I have 0 problem with.

Next year is going to be a blast to watch even if we're not good with the development of Kravtsov/Kakko, nevermind the continued development of Chytil/Andersson/Howden/Rykov/Lindgren/Hajek/Lemieux/maybe Fox.etc.

It's a really fun time to be a Rangers fan. Any great pick we get next year is just gravy.

Again, Grots needs to be patient. You've got two potential studs in Kakko and Kravsov who are just getting their feet wet. One more top ten finish would put the icing on the cake, considering all then potential studs in next year's draft. When these kids start making big money, Panarin's contract will be an albatross.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think it's almost a given now the Kreider gets dealt, and I think Panarin to Florida was sealed the moment Coach Q took over.

Usually agree with you but I think you’re dead wrong here. No one passes on the Rangers for a team like the Panthers. No one. If we want him we’re getting him.

I think we’re all in now

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Usually agree with you but I think you’re dead wrong here. No one passes on the Rangers for a team like the Panthers. No one. If we want him we’re getting him.

I think we’re all in now
If you wanna go all in next year, you gotta sign Karlsson over Panarin and then get Dolan to push for some compliance buyouts next lockout

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
They better, and I mean better, take Kakko (or Hughes if the Debbies don’t take him). Then they need blow their asset load and get back into the top 10 to snag Turcotte or Zegras. The rebuild is ready to go to the next level.

The idea of adding a playmaking center in Zegras is mouth watering.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If you wanna go all in next year, you gotta sign Karlsson over Panarin and then get Dolan to push for some compliance buyouts next lockout

@Off Sides has been on this point. Everything is setting up for two years from now when Henke and the 3 "S's" on defense are all off the books. That gives you one more asset in Kreider to move for picks and prospects. ( I think a deal with Arizona for the 14th + is likely on the mark), maybe get lucky and conditions met on three other 1sts, and then use assets to add the right players in the coming two years.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
Trade up to get Newhook. That is all,

I think this is a much more reasonable target then the one I liked from someone earlier for trying to get Zegras. I was surprised during the draft show they had him at 4.

Reactions: Edge

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
@Off Sides has been on this point. Everything is setting up for two years from now when Henke and the 3 "S's" on defense are all off the books. That gives you one more asset in Kreider to move for picks and prospects. ( I think a deal with Arizona for the 14th + is likely on the mark), maybe get lucky and conditions met on three other 1sts, and then use assets to add the right players in the coming two years.
Thanks for the kind mention,

I mean if one looks at their cap structure currently it looks like the world ends in 2021 off-season. They currently have two contracts that run beyond. As much as they are adding picks and prospects at an unprecedented level, that off-season looks like they'll have an unprecedented level of cap space.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Kakko, Kravtsov, Buchnevich down the right side is pretty freaking ridiculous. I also thought Chytil played his best hockey on the RW this season. Will be an interesting story line.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Thanks for the kind mention,

I mean if you look at their cap structure currently it looks like the world ends in 2021 off-season. They currently have two contracts that run beyond. As much as they are adding picks and prospects at an unprecedented level, that off-season looks like they'll have an unprecedented level of cap space.

And, when you're adding this kind of young talent, there's going to be a payday. Signing Panarin long-term screams disaster to me.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad