Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Yes, but for a second let's play the pretend game and have both of those players live up to their billings. You would have one of them out there virtually all game long. Not an apt. comparison because people will only remember Redden for when he was here, but Ottawa's back end had Chara or an in prime-Redden out at all times and they were great.

oh i wouldn't be complaining i just want to see us have a really good RHD once before i die lol

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Joey Keane is here to help.

350.png

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zuccarello to Buffalo starting to make some sense. They have a ton of picks and no reason not to be buyers.

Reactions: bl02 and Lays

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Love me some Joey Keane

DeAngelo Pionk Keane with Lundkvist getting plenty of time to sizzle. I like it. Like I said not much size in this group but ton of skill and with the horses on the left side in Miller Hajek Rykov and to a lesser extent Skjei I don’t mind the size issue

Reactions: cheech70

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Just for the record, I consider you to be one of the more affable posters on this board, so I’m at a loss as to what that post was based on.
Thanks, I didn’t want to slightly derail the thread but I didn’t want to lose how respectful everyone is to each other in here, which is what I think makes this thread one of the best on HF as a whole. I think this is just a little spill over to me pushing back to him in the roster building threads the last few weeks-months.

To get a little back on track, I really like the idea of grabbing Caulfield with a mid-late first if the Rangers get another one, I feel like he’s a goal scorer that has a higher floor than a guy like Kaliyev

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Love me some Joey Keane

DeAngelo Pionk Keane with Lundkvist getting plenty of time to sizzle. I like it. Like I said not much size in this group but ton of skill and with the horses on the left side in Miller Hajek Rykov and to a lesser extent Skjei I don’t mind the size issue
To add on to this, while there’s not much size, I think DeAngelo and Keane have the most attitude out of the lot of them

Reactions: Rongomania

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Love me some Joey Keane

Don't count out Lingreen.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
@GeorgeKaplan That argument is pointless. Good for you to let it slide. I for one have seen Tkachuk under Quinn live last year and can tell you Ottawa is using him completely differently than how he was used in BU. Plus, most of the guys in that class I think will have better numbers once they hit pro hockey (ala Kravtsov)

As for Caufiled, I worry he's being inflated by Boldy. But then again he does create some opportunities on his own. I think he'll be one of those high risk/high reward type. He's got an exceptional shot, though. I'd put him in the later 1st. Might be a reach in the middle portion ONLY if NYR has one 1st round selection. If they have multiple then I would be okay with it.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
@GeorgeKaplan That argument is pointless. Good for you to let it slide. I for one have seen Tkachuk under Quinn live last year and can tell you Ottawa is using him completely differently than how he was used in BU. Plus, most of the guys in that class I think will have better numbers once they hit pro hockey (ala Kravtsov)

As for Caufiled, I worry he's being inflated by Boldy. But then again he does create some opportunities on his own. I think he'll be one of those high risk/high reward type. He's got an exceptional shot, though. I'd put him in the later 1st. Might be a reach in the middle portion ONLY if NYR has one 1st round selection. If they have multiple then I would be okay with it.
I didn’t even realize he was trying to reply to me with that, I’d still dig in on Tkachuk’s upside, but I’m not going to argue that with the guy who talks down to anyone who disagrees with him.

And as for Caulfield I mean I’d like him (without really making a number ranking in my head) with an acquired first round pick after like #18, which seems like we’re mostly in agreement with that

Reactions: Joey Bones

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Here’s a shift by shift of Fagemo for anyone interested, in case anyone missed it: Rangers are reportedly very high on Fagemo who went undrafted last year but has had a great year this year, gaining talk of being a top 2 round pick

Reactions: Joey Bones and jas

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
To add on to this, while there’s not much size, I think DeAngelo and Keane have the most attitude out of the lot of them
They both have an edge in a good way. As for size, by the eye test, ADA is closer to 5'10 than 5'11, Keane is more like 6'1 than 6'0. Don't see size being an issue for Keane as opposed to ADA.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

You need a better eye test Joey! Told you Tkachuk was better than you were saying :neener::neener::neener::neener:

Reactions: Bozle

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

Here’s a shift by shift of Fagemo for anyone interested, in case anyone missed it: Rangers are reportedly very high on Fagemo who went undrafted last year but has had a great year this year, gaining talk of being a top 2 round pick

I was posting about Fagemo in this thread a while back so it's nice to see that the Rangers are interested. His point pace has cooled off since then (he was riding a high PDO, so it was expected) but he is really piling on the shots which is great to see. He leads his team in shots/60 and shot attempts/60 both at all situations (10.50 iSF/60 and 19.78 iCF/60) and at ES (9.52 iSF/60, 14.01 iCF/60). All his points (9P in 18GP) have come at ES so far, though he is getting PP time on the second unit that seems to struggle to score (only 2 goals in 31 minutes when he has been on it).

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
WJC Preliminary rosters are starting to come in....

Canada

Raphael Lavoie and Brett Leason make the spotlight as first year eligibles. Alexis Lafreniere for the 2020 draft.

Click for Finland, Czech, Slovakia, Denmark and Kazakhstan

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
This is starting to look like a really good goalie draft. The previously mentioned Spencer Knight, Dustin Wolf, Taylor Gauthier, Hunter Jones and Hugo Alnefelt, but also Mads Sogaard, Isaiah Saville and Lassi Lehtinen are some to keep an eye on. All are performing vey well!!

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
WJC Preliminary rosters are starting to come in....

Canada

Raphael Lavoie and Brett Leason make the spotlight as first year eligibles. Alexis Lafreniere for the 2020 draft.

Click for Finland, Czech, Slovakia, Denmark and Kazakhstan

Insane that Lafreniere may make it in his D-1 season. Team Canada rarely has guys in their draft season on the team, let alone D-1

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
For all the people smarter than me; where the hell did Brett Leason come from and how was he not ranked/drafted in either 2017 or 2018. He's just been named to the Canada U20 squad and he's absolutely destroying the WHL. Is it just a case of him being bigger/stronger than those he plays against, or has his development really jumped up that much? And if it is that he was just a 'late-bloomer', surely there were some signs of his latent skill level that should have seen him drafted before now, especially in the later rounds? I know scouting and player development is a very inexact science, but with how heavily scouted the CHL is it seems strange a guy like this can 'slip through the cracks'.

Do people think he'll go in the first round come June, or will teams be reluctant to spend a 1st on an over-ager?

Reactions: Ola

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
An import that’s been really solid for Red Deer is Oleg Zaitsev. He had a good MHL scoring season statwise as a U17 and is near ppg right now. Not the best speed, but he’s got really good skill and is deceptively strong and makes good plays through the slot. I could see him being a good second round pick.

Reactions: Blue Blooded
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad