Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
My guess is they're targeting Tkachuk and Zadina if either slides. If not, they're comfortable at #9 and expect Wahlstrom to be there. Arizona, Vancouver, and Detroit all need D and I think the Rangers want an impact forward.
I think they’re fine with sitting where they are because they need everything and they’re willing to take the best of what falls to them

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
My guess is they're targeting Tkachuk and Zadina if either slides. If not, they're comfortable at #9 and expect Wahlstrom to be there. Arizona, Vancouver, and Detroit all need D and I think the Rangers want an impact forward.

Who do you think Chicago is targeting?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I just have a sinking feeling that if the Rangers are in a position to strike, they make a serious offer to move up.

I highly doubt they're not going to trade all 3 firsts to move up to 3. I don't think they're sending Hayes somewhere to move up a couple of spots either.

But would they flip a second to go from 9 to 7? Yeah, I think they might in the right scenario.

If Zadina, Tkachuk or Hughes are all picked in the top 5? Probably not.

This could be the salient point that creates the opportunity or closes it down.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Here is another question. For ****s and giggles... lets say by some miracle Zadina, Wahlstrom and Tkachuk are all there at 9... who do you take and why?

I take Zadina, and then move heaven and earth to try to get the 10th or 11th pick.

The way the NYR roster is shaping up with the prospects we have, we have 2 huge needs on the horizon.

1) High scoring wingers.
2) True top pairing defensemen

Zadina has the highest upside of the 3 players listed.

The other option is to trade down a spot with the Oilers and select who they don't, if these 3 players are on your indifference curve.

Reactions: Sarge13

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Here is another question. For ****s and giggles... lets say by some miracle Zadina, Wahlstrom and Tkachuk are all there at 9... who do you take and why?
Zadina and it ain't close

Elite shot, game breaking skills, probably the most NHL ready (Tkachuk is right there too), he can be Czech boys with Chytil

Easy choice

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Great question!

Move Heaven and Earth to get that #10 pick. Take Zadina & Tkachuk. Complimentary Assets.

Reactions: Inferno

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Zadina because he is a pure sniper, but if all three are there, i trade 26 + to edmonton for 10 and pick wahlstrom at 10

EDIT: btw having zadina AND wahlstrom for the next 10 years......holy crappppppp

Reactions: mschmidt64

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Great question!

Move Heaven and Earth to get that #10 pick. Take Zadina & Tkachuk. Complimentary Assets.

Zadina because he is a pure sniper, but if all three are there, i trade 26 + to edmonton for 10 and pick wahlstrom at 10

EDIT: btw having zadina AND wahlstrom for the next 10 years......holy crappppppp

You all realize that if those guys are available at 10, the 10 overall pick would cost A LOT to obtain?

I'd consider it but I believe the price would be STEEEEEEP.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...e-10th-pick-for-a-quality-defenceman.2505955/

So yeah. The price would likely be Skjei.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
I like the day before the draft , it's like the day before Christmas, everyone held themselves in check during tthe lead up but now they're so excited, dreaming of the most spectacular scenario !

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
You all realize that if those guys are available at 10, the 10 overall pick would cost A LOT to obtain?

I'd consider it but I believe the price would be STEEEEEEP.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...e-10th-pick-for-a-quality-defenceman.2505955/

So yeah. The price would likely be Skjei.

the cost to acquire 10 will be steep regardless, if we agree to take lucic's contract back id say the trade could look like spooner, ADA and 28 for 10 and lucic (retained some)

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

For me its really close between Zadina and Wahlstrom. They are very similar players IMO. I think Zadina edges him out slightly. He's a little more complete IMO and while maybe Wahlstrom edges him in the skating portion, i think Zadina has the motor and the edge in overall play.

Either would be amazing, but I dont even want to get my hopes up.

Worthy of note. Both play RW. Zadina is a LHS however who plays better on the off wing. Not sure how that would fit in. Zibanejad is a RHS. Chytil is a LHS. Assuming these two project as long term #1, #2 C's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad