Draft Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think Quinn is top 10 in this years draft. 5 is a tad high, but it’s certainly possible.

Can’t wait for the draft.

Totally bummed that I won’t be road tripping to the Bell center to watch it live. Damn Pandemic! Would have been an amazing experience for any NYR fan.
Think of it this way, if the Pandemic didn’t happen you wouldn’t have seen them picking 1st anywya

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Think of it this way, if the Pandemic didn’t happen you wouldn’t have seen them picking 1st anywya
Could have happened. Very good possibility they don’t make the playoffs and wind up in the Winnipeg spot that won the phase 1 lottery.

Reactions: egelband

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Could have happened. Very good possibility they don’t make the playoffs and wind up in the Winnipeg spot that won the phase 1 lottery.
Could have, but the chances of that happening were still very slim, especially because it was less likely with the way they were playing at the time that they would have been in the Winnipeg spot. Also that was the lottery on that date. Chances that lottery balls fall that way another time when it was originally supposed to be pulled also extremely slim. We have that pick because of the pandemic.

Reactions: broadwayblue

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Could have, but the chances of that happening were still very slim, especially because it was less likely with the way they were playing at the time that they would have been in the Winnipeg spot. Also that was the lottery on that date. Chances that lottery balls fall that way another time when it was originally supposed to be pulled also extremely slim. We have that pick because of the pandemic.

Definitely slim but looking at the standings there would have been a very good chance we ended up in Winnipeg's spot. It was neck in neck and our schedule down the stretch was gonna be a very tough one.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Definitely slim but looking at the standings there would have been a very good chance we ended up in Winnipeg's spot. It was neck in neck and our schedule down the stretch was gonna be a very tough one.
The lottery doesn't happen in a vacuum. Just because Winnipeg spot hit that day doesn't mean it would have hit on the day the lottery drawing was originally supposed to have been held. In fact the likely scenario based on odds is that it wouldn't have hit.

Reactions: JCProdigy

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
What is everyone’s prediction on what the Rangers will do with the 22nd pick? I know some feel they will trade it for an nhl player like a Center, some feel they will attempt to move up especially if a particular C falls a bit, and some feel that given the deepness if this draft they will stay put. Hard to predict

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The lottery doesn't happen in a vacuum. Just because Winnipeg spot hit that day doesn't mean it would have hit on the day the lottery drawing was originally supposed to have been held. In fact the likely scenario based on odds is that it wouldn't have hit.
Correct I understand that. Just saying that it was just as possible of that happening vs how it actually happened due to the bubble pandemic covid whatever playoffs lol.
I’m just saying if we went back in time and the covid playoffs never happened and we finished off the season.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
What is everyone’s prediction on what the Rangers will do with the 22nd pick? I know some feel they will trade it for an nhl player like a Center, some feel they will attempt to move up especially if a particular C falls a bit, and some feel that given the deepness if this draft they will stay put. Hard to predict

i hope the phones are ringing and team are getting ahead of this. No question the owners have spoken to their GM’s about what they want or where they are headed. (cut salary, i’m selling the team, we aren’t adding any salary, the market, the future, etc).

There are so many moving parts i’m not sure what that #22 pick is worth yet.

twotonfrankie1

Sep 22, 2020
Use the pick. We have been drafting very well lately in the 20-30s (Chytil, Miller, Lundkvist, Robertson). I have faith they will pull out another good player at 22.

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

There’s a thread for this :)

InTheShift

Jul 24, 2002
Took a swing with the Draft Sim:
(1) Alexis Lafreniere, LW
(22) Marat Khusnutdinov, C
(71) Dmitri Ovchinnikov, LW
(91) Alex Laferriere, RW
(102) Brock Faber, RD
(133) Pavel Tyutnev, C
(164) Blake Biondi, C
(195) Jackson Kunz, C
(196) Ville Ottavainen, RD
(205) Zach Uens, LD

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So is anyone heard anything regarding the 21 draft? I know there's been back and forth ideas of the NHL pushing back to draft age the 19 for a number of years. I almost feel like a half season of development for a lot of the kids this year and potentially a shortened season next year of development could be the perfect opportunity for the league to push the draft age back to 19. Take advantage of the situation, say in part it's because a lot of these kids have lost anywhere from 6 to 10 months of development, and use it as a chance to make an adjustment to the system. just wondering if anybody's heard anything on this cuz it seems like a hot and cold topic at times in the league.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Took a swing with the Draft Sim:
(1) Alexis Lafreniere, LW
(22) Marat Khusnutdinov, C
(71) Dmitri Ovchinnikov, LW
(91) Alex Laferriere, RW
(102) Brock Faber, RD
(133) Pavel Tyutnev, C
(164) Blake Biondi, C
(195) Jackson Kunz, C
(196) Ville Ottavainen, RD
(205) Zach Uens, LD

love the Faber pick, especially at that spot.

Reactions: Leetch3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad