Draft Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If they've done it with other guys than it's not as weird I guess. The only reason I saw this tweet was USA Hockey retweeted it onto my feed

Kinda showing their cards a little early no? haha

Keeps the fan base from erupting during a draft celebration I guess. They may pass on a good forward for a much needed need pick.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Does anyone else find this strange? An NHL teaming hyping up a prospect that isn't even their property yet

Maybe I'm just not paying attention and this is common but it seems weird to me

Think it’s safe to say that there is zero connection between their scouting staff and twitter account...

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
@Trxjw

To continue on the Poirier conversation....

There are guys in the draft like that all the time and most of them end up like a Ryan Murphy. All the offensive talent in the junior level and didn't focus on defensive responsibility, but can't seem to understand the offense/defense in the AHL let alone the NHL.

I absolutely think there are better offensive defenders that can be had at earlier that would be better prospects than Poirier. But, again, I don't think NYR will go that route early on.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ryan Murphy suffered a really bad concussion IIRC and I think that derailed him a bit. He wasn't the same after that.

He's probably my biggest miss prospect wise. I was convinced he was a future superstar after he ripped up the U-18's.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Jesus what happened to him now?

i'm assuming its related to the blood clot issues...just says he had a medical procedure

kreider has been fine since coming back from his but I think this is probably enough of a concern that barron likely drops out of the 1st round. question is how far does he fall.

Reactions: egelband

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Posted this in the around the NHL thread but may as well post here as well.

On 31T today, Marek says Ottawa is between Sanderson/Quinn/Askarov at #5.

Elliotte says Askarov is in play for NJD at 7 as well.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Reactions: Leetch3

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
i'm assuming its related to the blood clot issues...just says he had a medical procedure

kreider has been fine since coming back from his but I think this is probably enough of a concern that barron likely drops out of the 1st round. question is how far does he fall.

I think he was going to fall out anyway. Now its a question of whether or not he gets taken in the 2nd.

Kreider had clots related to TOS, Barron's issues sound more serious.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
We always look for that guy who fans think went "way too high" because they weren't used to seeing him on every list they read.

I think Greig could be that guy in this draft.

There are a lot of teams talking about him right now and I don't think a lot fans have quite caught on or bought in.

Given the conversations we have been having, I don't expect him to be there at 22.

Reactions: egelband and Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad