Draft Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The Lapierre camp say it's one concussion and the other issue is spinal. I don't know about you but I'm not very comfortable with spinal either.

OTOH it seems he's gotten a bit bigger and stronger over the layover and he's shooting the puck better. He's already scored more goals this year than he did last year. That was my other concern with him.
I'd be more than happy with Lapierre or Bourque. Both seem like they can be major steals

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Anybody have some predictions/wants for our mid round picks? Granted we keep both 3rds what players are you looking for us to get there?

Tristen Robins if he's there. Faber or Powell? would be good if they're there. If somehow Heineman falls I'm all over him. Wisdom was brought up---that would be another good one. Cuylle? A lot of these guys might be gone--maybe all of them. There's an overage Russian winger Dmitri Rashevsky. If we're going goalie--Blomqvist, Daws and Clang are three I would watch for.

Not sure I'd go with Berard in the 3rd but if he's around in the 4th--yeah.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
as if our lottery wins were skill? Guess what makes the Rangers look good?

Com’on, give them notice. They’re adding on three #1’s to recent lottery wins.
I mean let’s see what they do with it. Bruins had three picks recently. Two busted (or are at least bust adjacent) and one is about to get traded.

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
First pick is off the table for the Rangers.

22nd pick likely to be kept as of right now.

I've probably asked this before, not sure you can answer this right now, but do the Rangers brass like Gunler?

I wouldn't mind Amirov, Perreault (you can teach him defence), Holloway (if he falls), Mercer (if he falls), Jarvis (if he falls). I don't really want a defenceman. If one of the top 10 ranked kids drops, maybe, but unlikely either of them do.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I've probably asked this before, not sure you can answer this right now, but do the Rangers brass like Gunler?

I wouldn't mind Amirov, Perreault (you can teach him defence), Holloway (if he falls), Mercer (if he falls), Jarvis (if he falls). I don't really want a defenceman. If one of the top 10 ranked kids drops, maybe, but unlikely either of them do.

Yeah agreed here. I will be really let down if we take a d-man at 22. Not because d-men are less sexy, although thats part of it, but our prospect pool is so d-heavy already, its actually quite thin up front, especially at C.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean let’s see what they do with it. Bruins had three picks recently. Two busted and one is about to get traded.

Yeah for sure, but they should do well here regardless. They're dumb, but with where they're picking their top pick is pretty much idiot proof and the pool of guys that they have to choose from for the others is pretty deep.

I do however find it funny how some on here love to slobber all over the Devils whilst simultaneously undervaluing Ranger assets.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Guys and gals!!

Just want to say a big thank you to you all for another year of Rangers draft talk. This thread is the best one on HF to have civil debates and keep negativity away, while also talking about up-and-coming prospects that could help the Rangers out in the long run!!

Here's to an excitingly stressful night!! Cheers, everyone!!

:cheers:
:partytime:
Thanks for providing your assessments on the prospects! We have learned quite a bit from your analysis.

Reactions: Joey Bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd be more than happy with Lapierre or Bourque. Both seem like they can be major steals

I know Edge thinks there is potential that Lapierre if everything goes right turns into someone like David Krejci. I worry about the injuries. I'm not worried about us taking a guy with 2nd line potential who can work his way up from the bottom lines. The Rangers IMO have top end talent as is--Zibanejad, Panarin, Lafreniere, Kakko, Kreider, Buchnevich--perhaps Chytil, Kravtsov and Strome is still hanging around. IMO we don't need to gamble on someone with a top 6 or bust kind of resume. So I don't have a problem with guys like Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Greig--guys who have good but not blow you away talent but who also have safe projectable 3rd line floors.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
I’ve been watching this team long enough to know that right as Jeff is making his selection, an absent minded janitor at the training facility will accidentally disconnect the router while power buffing the floors and jamming out on their headphones.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
anything regarding physical players?

Not sure if NYR are in on any of the physical players in this years draft but this is a few of them...

Will Cuylle - Power forward, with an edge. He can score some goals too. Lucic type of player. Took a run at player in the top prospects game. Ended up scrapping with Sebango. 6'2 205

Jake Neighbors - Power forward. Kinda reminds me of a Kelly Buchberger. Not a great skater but can do enough to stick. His phyiscal attributes makes him a factor in games. Type of player that can get a lot of garbage goals.

Kaiden Guhle- Physical defenseman who is also mobile. Like to throw the body and does it often, sometimes too much. Somewhat of a throwback.

Cade McNelly - Big tough defenseman. More of an Enforcer. 6'3 200. One of the tougher players in the entire draft if not the toughest.

Ignat Kokhanin - Russian Clutterbuck. Wrecking ball player who has NHL level skating. Not likely a top 6 guy but a solid addition to an NHL 3rd or 4th line.

Tyrel Bauer - Defenseman /Enforcer. The kind of guy you want on your club. Tough in the sense that he is the guy that is going to step up even if the odds arent in his favor. Ive seen him get dropped in two fights. But...in both fights he got up and finished the fight. This kids got heart. Not sure about skill. Would need a lot of cooking before hes ready. 6'3 210

Jake Ratzlaff - Imagine being so athletic that you can either play Linebacker at the collegiate level, or a mobile 2 way defenseman who like the physical aspects of the game at the collegiate level. A hybrid player if you will. The biggest risk here is which sport will he play?

Ridley Greig - Scrappy undersized forward who plays much bigger then his size suggests. More of a pest, who is tough top play against. Some say 1st rounder but I think 159lbs might too little to go 1st round. Bloodline, father was Mark Greig.

Hayden Fowler - Agitator who is physical. 5' 10 180.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I know Edge thinks there is potential that Lapierre if everything goes right turns into someone like David Krejci. I worry about the injuries. I'm not worried about us taking a guy with 2nd line potential who can work his way up from the bottom lines. The Rangers IMO have top end talent as is--Zibanejad, Panarin, Lafreniere, Kakko, Kreider, Buchnevich--perhaps Chytil, Kravtsov and Strome is still hanging around. IMO we don't need to gamble on someone with a top 6 or bust kind of resume. So I don't have a problem with guys like Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Greig--guys who have good but not blow you away talent but who also have safe projectable 3rd line floors.
see i think that by virtue of winning the lottery why not take a change on a boom or bust guy, you either end up with a tarasenko or a complete dud, but at the end of the day you still walk away from the draft with the best player of the class without a doubt

Reactions: jas

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Not sure if NYR are in on any of the physical players in this years draft but this is a few of them...

Will Cuylle - Power forward, with an edge. He can score some goals too. Lucic type of player. Took a run at player in the top prospects game. Ended up scrapping with Sebango. 6'2 205

Jake Neighbors - Power forward. Kinda reminds me of a Kelly Buchberger. Not a great skater but can do enough to stick. His phyiscal attributes makes him a factor in games. Type of player that can get a lot of garbage goals.

Kaiden Guhle- Physical defenseman who is also mobile. Like to throw the body and does it often, sometimes too much. Somewhat of a throwback.

Cade McNelly - Big tough defenseman. More of an Enforcer. 6'3 200. One of the tougher players in the entire draft if not the toughest.

Ignat Kokhanin - Russian Clutterbuck. Wrecking ball player who has NHL level skating. Not likely a top 6 guy but a solid addition to an NHL 3rd or 4th line.

Tyrel Bauer - Defenseman /Enforcer. The kind of guy you want on your club. Tough in the sense that he is the guy that is going to step up even if the odds arent in his favor. Ive seen him get dropped in two fights. But...in both fights he got up and finished the fight. This kids got heart. Not sure about skill. Would need a lot of cooking before hes ready. 6'3 210

Jake Ratzlaff - Imagine being so athletic that you can either play Linebacker at the collegiate level, or a mobile 2 way defenseman who like the physical aspects of the game at the collegiate level. A hybrid player if you will. The biggest risk here is which sport will he play?

Ridley Greig - Scrappy undersized forward who plays much bigger then his size suggests. More of a pest, who is tough top play against. Some say 1st rounder but I think 159lbs might too little to go 1st round. Bloodline, father was Mark Greig.

Hayden Fowler - Agitator who is physical. 5' 10 180.
O'Rourke as well, no?

Reactions: Bluenote13

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know this might be tough question to answer but if draft day 2 starts at 11:30am around what time do you think we will pick in round 3? Around 1ish? 2ish? I'm sure the pick times will be shorter than day 1 right?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I know this might be tough question to answer but if draft day 2 starts at 11:30am around what time do you think we will pick in round 3? Around 1ish? 2ish? I'm sure the pick times will be shorter than day 1 right?

I would say around noon. The second and third rounds are quicker than the first round, but slower compared to the rest of the draft.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would say around noon. The second and third rounds are quicker than the first round, but slower compared to the rest of the draft.
wow so you think at noon they will be up to our third round picks? 71 and 91? so about a pick a minute.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
wow so you think at noon they will be up to our third round picks? 71 and 91? so about a pick a minute.

Well if you don't want to miss the pick, I would think in a virtual draft it will go quick. The third round might start around 12:15ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad