Draft Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
see i think that by virtue of winning the lottery why not take a change on a boom or bust guy, you either end up with a tarasenko or a complete dud, but at the end of the day you still walk away from the draft with the best player of the class without a doubt

These are different schools of thought I guess. Among my questions about Lapierre 1) are the injuries going to be a problem 2) can he fit into a 3rd line C role if Zibanejad is resigned and Chytil takes the next step and becomes a legit producer. I don't mind scoring on the 3rd line but I want to grit there too.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Trueblue30

Jan 31, 2009
I don’t know much about the prospects outside the top 12 or so but Guhle, if he is 3 or so years away seems like the type of player we will eventually trade away in the near future at the trade deadline. Which could be a good or bad thing but I’d really just rather take someone who is a little closer to being here soon.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
These are different schools of thought I guess. Among my questions about Lapierre 1) are the injuries going to be a problem 2) can he fit into a 3rd line C role if Zibanejad is resigned and Chytil takes the next step and becomes a legit producer. I don't mind scoring on the 3rd line but I want to grit there too.

For 2, that is a problem I would love to have.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
:):)
upload_2020-10-6_17-6-51.jpeg

or at least the pre draft show..

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I've probably asked this before, not sure you can answer this right now, but do the Rangers brass like Gunler?

I wouldn't mind Amirov, Perreault (you can teach him defence), Holloway (if he falls), Mercer (if he falls), Jarvis (if he falls). I don't really want a defenceman. If one of the top 10 ranked kids drops, maybe, but unlikely either of them do.

I think they like the talent and the upside, I don't get the sense that he's at the top of their list.

I'd say the same thing about Perrault and Bourque.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Right now I'm more curious if this virtual NHL draft will great like the NFL one or a shitty show than any trade.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I hear what your saying but if someone like lapierre works out you move chytil to the wing or whatever. I’d rather go for a boom guy, but only because we have the luxury of drafting first overall

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Oh wow, NHL Network reporting that Yzerman was around a Covid positive person and won't physically be with the the Red Wing management for tonight's draft!!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
On NHL Network, Mike Futa just said he thinks Byfield is going No. 2. He's the Director of Amateur Scouting for the Kings.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
About what time will the Rangers actually go on the clock? Don’t care to sit through the pre-draft commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad