Salary Cap: Dr StrangeDubas: "Defense sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid defense, Sully."

Will MAF go into the HHOF

• Total voters

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’m not sure if this is a joke, but realistically I want this team to be the worst team in the league when Sid, Malkin and Letang leave.
I fail to see how ignoring the situation and refusing to make any sort of decision could possibly harm us. As long as we make the playoffs, magic can happen!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also, in no way shape or form should we consider: altering the power play, altering the penalty kill, breaking up G-CRUST, or promoting young promising players as cheap depth.

Reactions: metalan2

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I fail to see how ignoring the situation and refusing to make any sort of decision could possibly harm us. As long as we make the playoffs, magic can happen!

The decision has been made the last two off seasons when we signed Malkin, Kris Letang, Ryan Graves, Tristan Jarry, Rakell, and Rust to term with ironclad trade protection and just moved a 1st and a 2nd to acquire a 10 mil dollar EK65. You can disagree with the deicision, but it has been made.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The decision has been made the last two off seasons when we signed Malkin, Kris Letang, Ryan Graves, Tristan Jarry, Rakell, and Rust to term with ironclad trade protection and just moved a 1st and a 2nd to acquire a 10 mil dollar EK65. You can disagree with the deicision, but it has been made.
Anything the ownership or coaching decides is fine by me! They must know a lot to deserve such high salaries.

I'm really glad too we took away any sort of accountability. Nobody likes to get yelled at when they don't do good, and it's important that this team just really has some fun out there.

When I say team, I don't mean everybody, of course, that's silly. Just the players that the coach likes.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I’m not sure if this is a joke, but realistically I want this team to be the worst team in the league when Sid, Malkin and Letang leave.
I'll take anything but mediocrity. Give him a playoff spot or the basement.

Sadly we might actually be in that mediocre spot now lol. I hope we aren't. Even if we are, I have zero regrets because I'd rather the core go out on their own terms. They've earned that. But once they're gone, blow it up if there's no conceivable way to compete for a spot. And I don't see how there would be short of one of our 7th rounders turning into Pavel Datsyuk in the next few years.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Anything the ownership or coaching decides is fine by me! They must know a lot to deserve such high salaries.

I'm really glad too we took away any sort of accountability. Nobody likes to get yelled at when they don't do good, and it's important that this team just really has some fun out there.

When I say team, I don't mean everybody, of course, that's silly. Just the players that the coach likes.

Would you actually want to see Sid, Malkin, Letang end their careers somewhere else just to move forward the timeline by a few years? There’s things more important than perfect franchise efficiency.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
What is with this KDKA + you need to get now... I think to you might need to watch Penguins games? !!

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
It’s a chip that goes into your frontal lobe that broadcasts KDKA directly into your mind’s eye. When the news isn’t on, you get a live feed of Bob Pompeani’s day…..uncensored.
Yeah.. Yeah.. Wondering if it is yet another paid streaming channel... Just advertised on KDKA that Pens games will only be streaming something about KDKA + service.. but I don't see it on the internet and I did not catch the full advertisement. You might not be far off from that unfunny joke lol...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think every prospect has to be a franchise player in order to be useful. /shrug

The team definitely had a time where urgency and "f*** 15th overall, Yager-tier prospects--only now matters" but I think they've exited that spot in the timeline and are beyond the event horizon as far as needing to be at least cognizant of the rapidly approaching, comical tumble once Sid retires in a few years.

If they can move Yager, Pickering, or any picks for genuine impact players that make the team more enjoyable to watch, go for it. Karlsson's a good example of that, but he's an anomaly because of how the trade situation went down. It was a two horse race and Carolina's horse wasn't even interested in racing in the first place. :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Would you actually want to see Sid, Malkin, Letang end their careers somewhere else just to move forward the timeline by a few years? There’s things more important than perfect franchise efficiency.
Nah, I'm cool with riding out the clock with the trio (although really iffy about watching 39 year old Letang). I just don't think FSG is going to do the smart play on the rebuild. But we'll see. I was wrong about Dubas before, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there. Ownership...well....

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Pure speculation but I wonder if FSG is MORE likely to commit to a true rebuild than the predecessors would have been mostly due to a lack of the same kind of emotional attachment.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Pure speculation but I wonder if FSG is MORE likely to commit to a true rebuild than the predecessors would have been mostly due to a lack of the same kind of emotional attachment.
I think Crosby and to a lesser extent Malkin represent brand value to the organization beyond their playing careers. Moving up a rebuild a year or two is peanuts compared to having two of the greatest players of all time only ever show up for your alumni stuff.

Jagr belongs to everyone in hockey. That's special in it's own way, but as a business person I would rather have a player of that stature be the lifetime mascot for my brand alone.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does anyone know when the Penguins training camp starts? They have a preseason game on Sunday so I figure it has to be this week, but I can’t find anything about it when searching on google.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Does anyone know when the Penguins training camp starts? They have a preseason game on Sunday so I figure it has to be this week, but I can’t find anything about it when searching on google.
Must arrive by Wednesday and first team practice is Thursday

Reactions: Empoleon8771

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Jake is already on LTIR. 6 pre-season games and the 5 they estimate into the season covers it if the 24 days doesn't already.
Preseason games do not count for LTIR.

What is with this KDKA + you need to get now... I think to you might need to watch Penguins games? !!
If you're in the Pittsburgh area, it's the former CW channel. It's mixed among the other local channels like KDKA 2, WTAE 4, WPXI 11, etc.

Reactions: Jobeycool

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Ownership values smarts and Dubas was singled out by them. They know a franchise is valued by wins. I do think Jake will lend insight as to Dubas and his extension or knowing it will go past the Sid era. I think common sense has to apply here and any big extension will be an albatross contract. They can resign Zucker as a FA for far less and he fits with Malkin or Sid anyway,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad