Salary Cap: Dr StrangeDubas: "Defense sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid defense, Sully."

Will MAF go into the HHOF

• Total voters

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yes, MAF will go the Hall of Fame. He has all the criteria to do so. The fact that everyone likes the guy helps.

Now on to more pressing matters - lots of PTOs signed recently. Tatar still out there. Come on Dubas!

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Yes, MAF will go the Hall of Fame. He has all the criteria to do so. The fact that everyone likes the guy helps.

Now on to more pressing matters - lots of PTOs signed recently. Tatar still out there. Come on Dubas!
Pretty excited for Tatar to sign with a basement team, score 15 goals by the trade deadline, then get sent to a playoff team for a 4th rd pick and everybody blames Dubas for signing Matt Nieto.

Reactions: pistolpete11

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No, it is actually considered a blight to be inducted into the HHOF now and a sign that a player was overrated.

The real legends are forming their own hipster HOF where only the most colorful computer generated charts will be honored.

The Blue Ring of Honor if you will

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pretty excited for Tatar to sign with a basement team, score 15 goals by the trade deadline, then get sent to a playoff team for a 4th rd pick and everybody blames Dubas for signing Matt Nieto.
Worse would be he signs for <$1M, then the Pens trade for him, he tears it up, but it was too little too late and the Pens still miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Liberty Biberty

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Tyler Kennedy is the inaugural class. Just him and that sweet, sweet, corsi. Nobody had more shots generated on the goalies’ chest logo per 60.
My fav

Don’t let anyone tell you about all the freaks that show up to games their Kunitz or Orpik or Jagr or Hornqvist or Lemieux jerseys. If you can believe it or not, those players aren’t even playing anymore and people still wear their shirts.
I still go to games in my 08 Winter Classic Tyler Kennedy jersey

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This is some "August 28th, five years into five month long summers every year" content if I've ever read it. :laugh:

-edit- Also, a buncha scouts were hired today. Hell yeah, revamp the entire pro and amateur scouting depts.

Last edited:

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Cam is well known in analytical circles and worked for TOR for a while until last year.

Based on their staff page, these are also all strictly additions. They haven't removed any of the previous scouts. Which means that they've continued to increase the size of the scouting staff - one of the few good trends that started under Hextall. When he came onboard, the Pens had just two Pro Scouts. They now have six, not including the "Special Assignment" scouts of Kevin Stevens or Gilles Meloche. Amateur scouting has also increased quite a bit as well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Based on their staff page, these are also all strictly additions. They haven't removed any of the previous scouts. Which means that they've continued to increase the size of the scouting staff - one of the few good trends that started under Hextall. When he came onboard, the Pens had just two Pro Scouts. They now have six, not including the "Special Assignment" scouts of Kevin Stevens or Gilles Meloche. Amateur scouting has also increased quite a bit as well.

Honestly I think a bigger factor with this is that they got a wealthier owner with FSG and they are willing to spend more money than the Lemieux/Burkle era Penguins were.

I've noticed that the Penguins have handed out a ton more 1-way deals for AHL players this off-season than in the past. In the past, a 1-way contract was a way for JR to show a player that they have made the NHL and there were very few 1-way deals stashed in the AHL. Right now, I'm pretty sure the Penguins are going to have like 7 1-way deals in the AHL.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Honestly I think a bigger factor with this is that they got a wealthier owner with FSG and they are willing to spend more money than the Lemieux/Burkle era Penguins were.

I've noticed that the Penguins have handed out a ton more 1-way deals for AHL players this off-season than in the past. In the past, a 1-way contract was a way for JR to show a player that they have made the NHL and there were very few 1-way deals stashed in the AHL. Right now, I'm pretty sure the Penguins are going to have like 7 1-way deals in the AHL.

Good point
And FSG is a great match for Dubas bc he's coming from a place that has a ton of money to throw around.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

cropped_fleury.gif

giphy.gif
5BNp.gif

I don't hate Fleury like some do around here.

One of the few with a personality. Great Penguin.

I hope he gets in on the first ballot. The salty tears...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
MAF’s Vegas run would hold more weight for me if hadn’t collapsed in the playoffs for them…like he always does.
He was up and down in the regular season too. 2 great years, one terrible, and another meh one.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The HHOF is so diluted, does it make it a worthwhile honor anymore?
I mean if they put Fleury in? Yah. But they already ruined it with Vernon, who Fleury is much better than.

So they should put Vokoun in, Osgood, Curtis Joseph should have been a lock a decade ago, Kolzig, Vanbiesbrouck.

All were better than Vernon. Vernon makes Fleury look like Hasek.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad