Injury Report: Downie (concussion) is probable (Nov. 12); Raffl (flu); Newbury sent to AHL (Nov. 10)

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Beleive it or not, Downie is lucky. It could have been much worse. If he saw this coming his way he would have been taken off the ice on a stretcher.

chuckpunch1.gif

That's frightening lol.

People forget (or don't know) that Chuck Norris wasn't just a movie badass. Dude is like the only non Asian born person in the world to become a Tae Kwon Do Grand Master, was an undefeated Karate champion, and invented his own martial art. He's legit :laugh:

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Being undisciplined isn't the same thing as being dirty. They take a lot of penalties but I can't remember any that would be considered dirty or something worthy of suspension in a while.

I'm just stating that what cosby did is not a big deal and happens all the time. People are just searching for reasons to hate on him. I'm tired of *****ing about talented players. I'm not a Crosby fan, but I don't bash players for self gratification.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
That's frightening lol.

People forget (or don't know) that Chuck Norris wasn't just a movie badass. Dude is like the only non Asian born person in the world to become a Tae Kwon Do Grand Master, was an undefeated Karate champion, and invented his own martial art. He's legit :laugh:

Very legit.

1237720547_chuck_norris.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
That's frightening lol.

Reminds me of my childhood days with my buddy playing Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Some good news:

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 29m
Downie is day to day. Skated before practice today.

That's very good news. Hopefully he isn't trying to come back too soon because of how much we ****ing suck and can't put together a ****ing performance that ****** team from a friggin Hollydell league could be remotely proud of.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
That's frightening lol.

He sure is, he even had his own cartoon at one point:

chuck-norris-cartoon.gif

:laugh:

Great to hear to hear Downie is improving. Here's an update posted on the Flyers main site:

"Steve continues to show improvement. He skated today and will again tomorrow. His status is day-to-day."
--Paul Holmgren

Link: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=690261&navid=DL|PHI|home

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
So, he spent two nights in the hospital with a "severe" concussion, then three days later he's day to day? WTF? What could be wrong here?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
110713_downie_600.jpg

Source: Sam Carchidi, Philadelphia Inquirer

Sporting a massive shiner under his left eye from his fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti on Friday, Flyers winger Steve Downie said he is making progress and will return to the lineup soon.

Downie suffered a concussion in that 7-0 loss and has been experiencing some sinus problems from the fight. He will not play Thursday night against visiting New Jersey, but Saturday afternoon’s game against Edmonton is a possibility.

Officially, he is listed as day to day.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...rt-more-than-my-face.html#o8qt4E4ZAb48XRVb.99

--------------------------------------------------------

Source: CSN Philly.

Downie won’t be back in the lineup against the Devils but said he’s “healing well,” and “should be back soon,” despite the bruising around his eye and the fact that the eye itself remains bloody.

“My vision’s good,” he said. “The doctor did a good job checking out my eye making sure everything went well. It’s going really well.”

Downie, however, is struggling with sinus issues. It's noticeable even just hearing him speak.

“That’s the issues that I’m having, the sinuses,” he said. “So I’m just waiting for that to clear up and start breathing again. Mainly sinuses right now.”

Downie has played just 10:24 in his second stint as a Flyer before he was injured, and was brought in to join Claude Giroux and Vinny Lecavalier on the top line -- at least to start. With him out, head coach Craig Berube continues to shuffle up the team's lines, but said he's encouraged to see the feisty forward back on the ice already, just six days after the scary fight.

“It’s good to see Downs skating already,” coach Craig Berube said. “Hoping he’ll be back soon.”

“He’s tough,” the coach added with a smile.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/skate-update-steve-downie-practices-flyers

Last edited:

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
That's frightening lol.

I hated all his movies, he was not an undefeated Karate champion, I hated his style, and my friend has invented his own Martial Art and doubt Norris could beat him.

Totally Radivojevic

Nov 6, 2007
I'm thinking Downie didn't realize Volpatti was left handed, and that's why he got caught like he did. It was the first real punch Volpatti threw in the fight, and Downie had his headed tilted like he usually does to avoid rights. Historically, he's done a pretty good job at not eating a ton of punches despite his size (minus the Coburn fight). In his interview today, he talks about making a mistake in the fight but doesn't go into detail, but I'm guessing the mistake was not realizing Volpatti was left handed.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I hated all his movies, he was not an undefeated Karate champion, I hated his style, and my friend has invented his own Martial Art and doubt Norris could beat him.

:help:

I think you have some deep rooted issues dude.

Did Chuck Norris wink at your mom and get her pregnant?

Downie said he should be in for the game tomorrow.

I'm guessing he went to the hospital because he couldn't breath due to the sinuses, not because of a severe concussion.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Hopefully Downie is fully healthy for the game against Pittsburgh. That's a game he could thrive in.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
:help:

I think you have some deep rooted issues dude.

Did Chuck Norris wink at your mom and get her pregnant?

I'm guessing he went to the hospital because he couldn't breath due to the sinuses, not because of a severe concussion.

No, Chuck is just over rated and a crap actor, his acting is worse the Flyers game play

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
Van Damme is 10x better than Norris. Hope Downie is 100%, I would hate to have him in when he isn't and have him get injured again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad