OT: Down the Wabit Hole (Boredom Thread)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Not around here. The damn buggers dig up everything ... them and the rabbits. Hoping for a red tailed hawk to move into the neighborhood.

Embrace it. Leave some nuts to your neighbours lawn, that way the squirrels dig up their yard rather than yours. Start a side hustle repairing & replacing broken cables and electrics.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Embrace it. Leave some nuts to your neighbours lawn, that way the squirrels dig up their yard rather than yours. Start a side hustle repairing & replacing broken cables and electrics.
Satay Squirrel, or "Squirrel Sticks"? Chocolate covered for the State fair?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
How do people eat a TV show? Do they eat the TV while it's on? Or are they eating the film? I guess since it's a streaming thing they just be biting the air and hoping?
Took me a second for that one to set in, and I think that improved the experience.

Reactions: Wabit

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Started watching the show Rome last night and it isnt too bad. Kinda cool seeing a younger Ray Stevenson in it compared to Ahsoka.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Damn, I haven't seen that show in a decade. It gets so good, you're in for a treat. If I had Max I'd watch it again, myself!
Thing is I’ve never seen or heard anyone talk about it until ray showed up in Ahsoka. Good to hear that’s it’s a good one because I was going in blind. Sucks it’s only 2 seasons though I’ve heard they cut it short because of how expensive it was to make. Kinda a shame.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm a social media dummy. So can someone tell me why I would want to pay someone $20 to increase my follower count on twitter (or whatever it's called now) or the instathingy?

All I've got is the AI art stuff I've been tinkering with for funm and some feet pics that nobody wants to buy (I got ugly toes).

Because I gave hell about someone saying they have a youtube channel and not linking it here is the instathingy account (my feet pics aren't on here). https://www.instagram.com/nothinspecial78/

Reactions: BagHead

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
So im about half way through S2 of Rome now and i genuinely dont know who to like and dislike. The show does a good job at giving all characters things to like about them and dislike about them. Id say Pullo would be my favorite but hes also killed a man because he got jealous over a girl. Vorenus is pretty likeable and seems to try and do the right thing all the time but constantly gets screwed over by everyone else (reminds me of Ned Stark a bit) but then his whole arc at the start of S2 and the end of S1 makes me a unlikable character. Atia and Servilia are easily my most disliked characters in the show though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ha, I got the kid to eat some crow.

She was bitching about her social media accounts last month, not sure what exactly because I wasn't listening. So she called me old and out of touch with technology; which is perfectly fine, because it's true. Then she added on it's not something I could do. F-you kid, dare accepted.

I went completely new accounts and a completely new concept I know nothing about. The AI art stuff. No advertising, no cross platform shilling, just putting stuff out there and seeing what happens.

It started with twitter (I used it years ago so I did know something about it). I had more likes on my posts within a week than she's had total. She said it didn't count because I had used it before.

So then I did an Instagram account. I have never used that before. I just hit 200 followers; which is more than she has. She told me it doesn't count because they are probably all bots; which is a fair argument because there are a lot of them.

Then she said nothing I made would ever sell. Well I've sold like 8 things on a NFT sight. TBF they are all like 3 cents, but a sale is a sale in my book. The adult coloring books I made for the wife's online store have sold a few things too I guess.

The most recent was tiktok. Well 6 videos in and all have over 600 views; I have no clue if that's good or not in the grand scheme of things. Her best is like 40 views.

I have been down so many youtube rabbit holes, hashtag analytics (tiktok has some the best), photoshop editing tutorials, NFT step-by-step thing, etc. Some of it is neat and fun, the rest is too much like work.

Here's something to look at if you don't want to my rant.

1696196474080.png

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

She was bitching about her social media accounts last month, not sure what exactly because I wasn't listening. So she called me old and out of touch with technology; which is perfectly fine, because it's true. Then she added on it's not something I could do. F-you kid, dare accepted.

I went completely new accounts and a completely new concept I know nothing about. The AI art stuff. No advertising, no cross platform shilling, just putting stuff out there and seeing what happens.

It started with twitter (I used it years ago so I did know something about it). I had more likes on my posts within a week than she's had total. She said it didn't count because I had used it before.

So then I did an Instagram account. I have never used that before. I just hit 200 followers; which is more than she has. She told me it doesn't count because they are probably all bots; which is a fair argument because there are a lot of them.

Then she said nothing I made would ever sell. Well I've sold like 8 things on a NFT sight. TBF they are all like 3 cents, but a sale is a sale in my book. The adult coloring books I made for the wife's online store have sold a few things too I guess.

The most recent was tiktok. Well 6 videos in and all have over 600 views; I have no clue if that's good or not in the grand scheme of things. Her best is like 40 views.

I have been down so many youtube rabbit holes, hashtag analytics (tiktok has some the best), photoshop editing tutorials, NFT step-by-step thing, etc. Some of it is neat and fun, the rest is too much like work.

View attachment 748031
This reminds me of Jenova from FF7, for some reason

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Started watching the show Rome last night and it isnt too bad. Kinda cool seeing a younger Ray Stevenson in it compared to Ahsoka.
I always liked Rome, it has a similar feel to game of thrones at times however, I think Rome didn't had as likeable characters as GoT did. Which probably contributed to it cancelling.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

View attachment 748031
Haha poor kid! That'll teach her to toss insults flippantly, though.

Reactions: TaLoN and Wabit

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Forgot about this thread.

After I heard about Matthew Perry’s passing I started watching Friends for a tv show been wanting to re watch it for awhile and his passing made me do it.

A lot of funny moments in this show honestly. Obviously some are better than others but I find myself laughing out when I watch it. Something I’ll throw on for an hour or so before bed.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well it only took 2 days this year before I got the yearly reminder that I need to keep my mouth shut so the wife doesn't get mad at me.

All I did was say Obi Wan was just a C Suite executive that only went into hiding because his name was in a notebook linked to child grooming.

I'm pretty sure she'll feed me again once she comes up with a counter to that statement other than the "How dare you" I already got. I'd be a pile of dust right now if death stares worked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad