OT: Down the Wabit Hole (Boredom Thread)

Wabit

May 23, 2016

My first attempt at making a video work. I was clueless so it took me about 3 hours to make this. It was my first time working with pretty much everything involved: a couple of different AI programs (I still fear Skynet), voice recorder and new mic, fumbling my way though a few different editing programs, etc.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
View attachment 738325

My first attempt at making a video work. I was clueless so it took me about 3 hours to make this. It was my first time working with pretty much everything involved: a couple of different AI programs (I still fear Skynet), voice recorder and new mic, fumbling my way though a few different editing programs, etc.
Nice first attempt. My first was absolutely terrible, especially the audio. Editing gets quicker with experience, and the quality can get better even without new equipment, just with adjustments to what you already have. For example, I moved my microphone's location and set up a few filters on the audio to filter out p-pops and things like that. I actually think your audio sounds pretty good, already.

Good luck!

Reactions: Wabit

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1693000174937.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nice first attempt. My first was absolutely terrible, especially the audio. Editing gets quicker with experience, and the quality can get better even without new equipment, just with adjustments to what you already have. For example, I moved my microphone's location and set up a few filters on the audio to filter out p-pops and things like that. I actually think your audio sounds pretty good, already.

Good luck!

Thanks. The audio took me a bit of testing to get decent. The shortness played into my favor, so I could say the whole thing a bunch of times and cut and paste the results I liked best. I picked up a $20 mic at Walmart in the clearance bin. I didn't like the headset mic because it picked up too much ambient noise.

This was really just to make a complete clip of some sort. I was getting very frustrated with the editing of some other/bigger things and needed a reboot by doing something else.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So the wife uses AI to create coloring pages (among other things), mostly for herself, but she has an Esty shop where she puts the ones she likes. I have no clue if she's made any sales, but it makes her happy and gives her something to do in her spare time. I encourage it because it's the lowest cost hobby/interest she's had in long time.

I gave it a go today, but put my own petty spin on things. Here is the result:
1693094376814.png

Now I am tempted to print it out and leave on some random badly parked car's windshield.

Reactions: TaLoN

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

I'm not really a person that enjoys watching others play video games.... but I've been watching these 3 lads for years now. Their main jam are From Soft lets plays. Funny as hell, entertaining, and editing is top notch. They are a few eps into their Elden Ring series and I feel like a kid waking up Saturday morning to catch the new ep as soon as the dogs are let out. The only thing I've ever signed up with patreon for. Highly recommend.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1694408892425.png

White Rabbit from Alice Adventures in Wonderland. Psychedelic style.

I think I'll stick with the Psychedelic squirrel.

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
A sports team would never go for it, but I prefer the first image. It's not fierce, it just looks like it knows it's going to win with that little smirk. A complete subversion of normal sports imagery.

"I can't even bother to be roused, you're so far beneath me."

I did that one because squirrels are popular on the forums here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad