OT: Down the Wabit Hole (Boredom Thread)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I miss classic WoW and all the time I had to play it back then

I raise you:

This is all I see here...

1692158317588.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
@BagHead You weren't exaggerating on editing time for youtube videos. I'm still in the learning how to do stuff phase of everything but it's taking forever to make a video. When I have an active channel I'll give you the link so you can make fun of my videos, turnabout is fair play after all.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
@BagHead You weren't exaggerating on editing time for youtube videos. I'm still in the learning how to do stuff phase of everything but it's taking forever to make a video. When I have an active channel I'll give you the link so you can make fun of my videos, turnabout is fair play after all.
I don't recall being made fun of, only being respected in spite of the nerdiness, so I'll be sure to do the same, Can't wait to see what you end up with!

Reactions: TaLoN

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
True definition of boredom.

Went to Twins game a few weeks ago. Came in on U.S. 12 from South Dakota. I swear there is a town about every 3 miles, and you have to slow down going through every one of them. Thought we were never going to get there. Plus it was a noon game so we did a turn around a came back home after. It seemed even worse coming home…..

Plus Twins lost….

Reactions: TaLoN and Bazeek

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Went to Twins game a few weeks ago. Came in on U.S. 12 from South Dakota. I swear there is a town about every 3 miles, and you have to slow down going through every one of them. Thought we were never going to get there. Plus it was a noon game so we did a turn around a came back home after. It seemed even worse coming home…..

Plus Twins lost….

You don't have to slow down... It just depends if you want to stay on the right side of Johnny Law or not.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was half expecting you to say that I could’ve ended it right after saying “Went to Twins game a few weeks ago.” :)

I like baseball. Watching a game live (in nice weather) is always a good time, win or lose.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Plus Twins lost….
For a thrill try taking MN-7 on the way back. It's been a few years, but I've driven it so many times that I could still probably name every restaurant between St Boni and Ortonville. And there are at least like 6.

Reactions: Wabit and TaLoN

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
For a thrill try taking MN-7 on the way back. It's been a few years, but I've driven it so many times that I could still probably name every restaurant between St Boni and Ortonville. And there are at least like 6.
Done that one too…
Kinda felt like doing the Mr. Bean greeting on the way home. Apologies if it isn’t “PG” enough….
EABC1A5E-C073-45F0-933F-CE4788F7F6C5.gif

Reactions: Wabit and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not sure why Audio Visual geeks are being singled out here... but as a videophile... I think the bottom graphic is lacking proper detail.

If you're trying to explain to the avg person, you'd want to break down where the thrust comes from... it's not the nose. You'd want to explain what lift is, it's high pressure below the wing and low pressure above in combination. You'd want to explain what drag is, it's the air that after slipping past the plane... then gets sucked back towards it, causing it to "drag" a bit behind (hint, less drag the better).

All of that should be detailed in the bottom graphic. Otherwise the avg person just goes back to thinking "magic". ;)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not sure why Audio Visual geeks are being singled out here... but as a videophile... I think the bottom graphic is lacking proper detail.

If you're trying to explain to the avg person, you'd want to break down where the thrust comes from... it's not the nose. You'd want to explain what lift is, it's high pressure below the wing and low pressure above in combination. You'd want to explain what drag is, it's the air that after slipping past the plane... then gets sucked back towards it, causing it to "drag" a bit behind (hint, less drag the better).

All of that should be detailed in the bottom graphic. Otherwise the avg person just goes back to thinking "magic". ;)

Are you still mad that the airplane pics doesn't show where the flux capacitor is located? That is an industry secret, and only after you join the club does that info become available.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad